Reload this Page >

Starbuck's new Maple Macchiato

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-03-06, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got an email today (as I'm sure all of the corporate sell-out coffee addicts did this evening) advertising Starbuck's new Maple Macchiato drink.

Maple Macchiato.

What the f***? I mean is someone smoking some bad crack or something? Who was eating some maple syrup and said "hey, you know what? I would enjoy this if it was in coffee." Or was it more like "hmmm... what else starts with an M that we can put in front of the word 'macchiato' to make the name alliterate?" What's next? The Mustard and Mushroom Macchiato with Mint? Wait... mint macchiato sounds like it would actually taste decent. Why don't they have that?
Old 10-04-06, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I admit I like starbucks but I'll pass on this one.
Old 10-04-06, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The only thing I like maple flavored is syrup...that's it. No maple donuts, cookies, candy...just syrup, thank you very much.
Old 10-04-06, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Maple + Coffee = Denis Leary
Spoiler:
Is it impossible to get a cup of coffee-flavored coffee? You can get every other flavor except coffee-flavored coffee! They got mochachino, cappuchino, frappachino, Al Pacino, what the fuck? www.what the fuck.com!

Spoiler:
I'm driving around in my truck, and I see a 7-Eleven, and I think, "Of course, 7-Eleven! I can get a cup of coffee flavored coffee in 7-Eleven. What could be more than the 7-goddamn-Eleven?" I walk in there, sure enough, two big aluminum containers, like the old days, right? One's labeled decaf, the other one has no label, what would you think? I think you would think what I thought. I pour myself a nice cup of coffee, I get up to the counter, go there to pay for it, behind the counter is another eighteen-year-old kid, okay?

Spoiler:
So I'm standing there with my coffee, trying to pay for my coffee, he's looking at me, I take my coffee and leave. I get in the truck, I'm drivin', coffee's in the cupholder, I'm thinking about what a FUCKING retard that kid was, hopin' my kids don't turn out like that, all of a sudden I smell maple syrup in my truck. Did the kids spill maple syrup in here? And then I realize it's coming from my coffee, somebody spilled maple syrup in my coffee. I go BACK to the 7-goddamn-Eleven, walk in, put the cup on the counter, I go, "Yo. Yo yo yo yo yo. Come here. Come here. Somebody spilled maple syrup in my coffee." "No, that's the flavor of the month, man. That's, uh, maple nut crunch."

Spoiler:
Maple nut crunch, okay? Maple nut fucking crunch. Are you gonna tell me that Juan Valdez is down in Bogota right now fielding a field full of maple nuts, I don't fucking think so! In fact, I'm willing to bet my left maple nut that he's NOT! Pull up your pants. My mom used to tell me when I was growing up, "Denis, why don't you wake up and smell the coffee." You know what, ma? I did, it smelt like fucking waffles, okay? Why don't you just throw all the breakfast stuff in my coffee? Yeah, put an egg in there, eggaccino. How about some Cocoa Puffs, puffaccino. God damn it.
Old 10-04-06, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Spoiler:
Is it impossible to get a cup of coffee-flavored coffee? You can get every other flavor except coffee-flavored coffee! They got mochachino, cappuchino, frappachino, Al Pacino, what the fuck? www.what the fuck.com!

Spoiler:
I'm driving around in my truck, and I see a 7-Eleven, and I think, "Of course, 7-Eleven! I can get a cup of coffee flavored coffee in 7-Eleven. What could be more than the 7-goddamn-Eleven?" I walk in there, sure enough, two big aluminum containers, like the old days, right? One's labeled decaf, the other one has no label, what would you think? I think you would think what I thought. I pour myself a nice cup of coffee, I get up to the counter, go there to pay for it, behind the counter is another eighteen-year-old kid, okay?

Spoiler:
So I'm standing there with my coffee, trying to pay for my coffee, he's looking at me, I take my coffee and leave. I get in the truck, I'm drivin', coffee's in the cupholder, I'm thinking about what a FUCKING retard that kid was, hopin' my kids don't turn out like that, all of a sudden I smell maple syrup in my truck. Did the kids spill maple syrup in here? And then I realize it's coming from my coffee, somebody spilled maple syrup in my coffee. I go BACK to the 7-goddamn-Eleven, walk in, put the cup on the counter, I go, "Yo. Yo yo yo yo yo. Come here. Come here. Somebody spilled maple syrup in my coffee." "No, that's the flavor of the month, man. That's, uh, maple nut crunch."

Spoiler:
Maple nut crunch, okay? Maple nut fucking crunch. Are you gonna tell me that Juan Valdez is down in Bogota right now fielding a field full of maple nuts, I don't fucking think so! In fact, I'm willing to bet my left maple nut that he's NOT! Pull up your pants. My mom used to tell me when I was growing up, "Denis, why don't you wake up and smell the coffee." You know what, ma? I did, it smelt like fucking waffles, okay? Why don't you just throw all the breakfast stuff in my coffee? Yeah, put an egg in there, eggaccino. How about some Cocoa Puffs, puffaccino. God damn it.
Old 10-04-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!

Last edited by AGuyNamedMike; 10-04-06 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-04-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

all i ever buy there is is the brewed coffee and some iced green tea in the summer time

there is no way I'm paying $5 for a drink there
Old 10-04-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually that sounds kind of good... I'll certainly give it a try
Old 10-04-06, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So will this have 1100 calories, with 500 of them being from fat like their other "drinks"?
Old 10-04-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 10-04-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 10-04-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That Denis Leary stuff is hilarious!
Old 10-04-06, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm an "americano" guy...
Old 10-04-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
So will this have 1100 calories, with 500 of them being from fat like their other "drinks"?

Actually, their drinks have much less calories than people think. They don't have the maple macchiato stuff on their website yet, but a similar caramel macchiato is only 310 calories for a regular-milk grande size and 220 calories if you switch to nonfat milk. 220 calories (10 from fat) isn't much more than one can of coke/pepsi.

I had a sample of this maple macchiato today and it's pretty tasty.
Old 10-04-06, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by El Scorcho
Actually, their drinks have much less calories than people think. They don't have the maple macchiato stuff on their website yet, but a similar caramel macchiato is only 310 calories for a regular-milk grande size and 220 calories if you switch to nonfat milk. 220 calories (10 from fat) isn't much more than one can of coke/pepsi.

I had a sample of this maple macchiato today and it's pretty tasty.
That's less than I thought, but it's still not good for you. The same people who suck one or two or these these drinks down a day probably don't go near regular soda. These are more like desserts than coffee.
Old 10-04-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I suck a nonfat drink down every day I'm at work. I like the way they taste and it gives me a pick me up in the mornings. Plus, regular black coffee tastes like total shit.
Old 10-04-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by El Scorcho

Here's the nutritional analysis of a Snicker's bar:

Total Calories - 280
Total Fat Grams - 14
Saturated Fat Grams - 5
Sodium (mg) - 140
Old 10-04-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds good to me...I wont drink it, but still sounds kinda tasty
Old 10-04-06, 01:14 PM

I put real maple syrup in my coffee instead of sugar/sweetener.

Yummy.
Old 10-04-06, 01:18 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I had one of those little sample cups the other day. I like maple taste but It was incredibly sweet. Too sweet. I couldn't drink a full thing of this. I must say though, the litlte shot glass filled with this stuff and a dollop of whip cream got me jolted for a few hours.
Old 10-04-06, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do they make a frappucino version of this?
Old 10-04-06, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I stopped by to get a cappucino today and they asked if I wanted one of these. Sounded strange. I like syrup on pancakes, waffles, sausage and bacon. I hate the McGriddle. I would guess I would have the Maple Macchiato as well.

But who knows, maybe I'll try it when I'm bored if someone says they like it.
Old 10-04-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Had a nonfat Venti this morning. It was pretty good, but it won't be replacing my caramel.

I'll go once or twice a wk, minimize the damage by getting nonfat no whip. Plus if you need to clean your system, a venti mocha will do it in about 45min.

Last edited by Artman; 10-04-06 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-04-06, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've never had a venti anything. Too much milk for me. I always get nonfat as well. Usually a tall with extra shot.
Old 10-04-06, 09:30 PM
Banned

Meh, just give me some black coffee.