Reload this Page >

Scorpions are evil...

Other Talk "Otterville"

Scorpions are evil...

Old 09-02-06, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scorpions are evil...

...Evil I tell ya!!!

Found one just now sitting next to my daughters little fold up couch in the office. We were going to watch a movie in here but decided the other room was better. That little spawn could have stung her if we were in here.

This is the desert so I expect to find them outside, but it's WAR when I find them in the house. Too bad they're a pain in the butt to kill with pesticides.
Old 09-02-06, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
They're ugly and they're quick little shits! I'm glad I no longer live where they do.
Old 09-02-06, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bronkster
They're ugly and they're quick little shits!
No shit about them being quick. After I turned the light on the scorpion decided to hide under one of my daughters toys. When I went to move the toy he came my way in a hurry. I was barefoot at the time. I started smackin' the shit out of it with a nearby magazine.

The WAR is on...
Old 09-02-06, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Evil?!? They just want to Rock You Like A Hurricane... is that so bad?

Old 09-02-06, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by turborobb
Evil?!? They just want to Rock You Like A Hurricane... is that so bad?

I see pictures like this and all I can think about is Charlie Murphy talking about how even the guys looked like bitches in the 80s.

Can't you just get a meerkat or something? There must be some kind of natural predator that also makes a nice pet.
Old 09-02-06, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't know scorpions were so fast until 2 nights ago when I tried to kill one in the garage. Not only they're fast but they hide in the worst place where you can't get to them. I decided to spray it bug poison and found it dead the next morning.
Old 09-02-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

we got SCORPIONS in the HOUSE!!!
Old 09-02-06, 11:27 AM
X
Administrator

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I wasn't too happy when I found one in my bed either.

If you don't have a cat you should get one. They love scorpions.
Old 09-02-06, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by X
Well, I tried to kill you with poisoned darts on Tuesday, and a Bengal tiger trap on Thursday. I'd hoped the old "scorpion in the bed" trick would have done the deed... but I guess not.

Looks like I'm gonna have to use

SNAKES ON A PLANE!

Old 09-02-06, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mojo...
Old 09-02-06, 03:15 PM
Banned

Try the harmless tarantula or the impressive,large black Egyptian emperor scorpion that's as poisonous as a bee.

It works in the movies. Well, almost. Damn Sean Connery.
Old 09-02-06, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 96 Likes on 69 Posts
A scorpion wouldn't be the solution to my cricket problems.
Old 09-02-06, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
A scorpion wouldn't be the solution to my cricket problems.
Crap, I just started hearing them nasty things last week in the garage. Soon they will be in the house and bedroom. I wish they had some kind of cricket spray to keep them away but I guess stomping works if you can get to them.
Old 09-02-06, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Scorpions would get rid of the cricket problem. Just not very fast.
Old 09-03-06, 01:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
People should be banned from areas where insects reside, and vice-versa. Some creatures are just not made to live together.
Get your arachnid/insect issues covered. Seek proffesional advice

I do love your exo/endo skeleton based theology, though.
Old 09-03-06, 01:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ernestrp
Crap, I just started hearing them nasty things last week in the garage. Soon they will be in the house and bedroom. I wish they had some kind of cricket spray to keep them away but I guess stomping works if you can get to them.
sounds like you are ...DOOMED!!!!

(you really are if they are about two inch long and pale yellow) I am not kidding. North America has two of the worst in the world, and that's what they look like, the same!

Good luck.

Wait! What? Scorpions and crickets? What the fuck? Disregard the cricket warning. "See a cricket, do not stick it."

Last edited by Kudama; 09-03-06 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-03-06, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by X

If you don't have a cat you should get one. They love scorpions.
It'll probably be the end of living here if we ever found one our bed. The wife would see to it that we move right away. The neighbor mentioned that cats work as well. I guess since both are nocturnal it gives the cat something to chase around the house at night. I'm sure the cats still get stung though and would affect them just as much as us if not more.

(you really are if they are about two inch long and pale yellow) I am not kidding. North America has two of the worst in the world, and that's what they look like, the same!
I've come to the conclusion, after comparing pictures of both the bark and devil scorpion, that what I killed was indeed the bark scorpion. It was the full two inches and had the really slender tail as shown in the pictures.

Oh well, I've got a new spray for outside and some diatomaceous earth to spread around both in and out as well as in the attic.
Old 09-03-06, 01:08 PM
X
Administrator

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MysteryX01
I guess since both are nocturnal it gives the cat something to chase around the house at night. I'm sure the cats still get stung though and would affect them just as much as us if not more.
Cats never appear to be affected by scorpions, they seem to be able to kill and eat them without getting stung. They just scarf them down.
Old 09-04-06, 05:13 AM

It'll probably be the end of living here if we ever found one our bed. The wife would see to it that we move right away. The neighbor mentioned that cats work as well. I guess since both are nocturnal it gives the cat something to chase around the house at night. I'm sure the cats still get stung though and would affect them just as much as us if not more.

I've come to the conclusion, after comparing pictures of both the bark and devil scorpion, that what I killed was indeed the bark scorpion. It was the full two inches and had the really slender tail as shown in the pictures.

Oh well, I've got a new spray for outside and some diatomaceous earth to spread around both in and out as well as in the attic.
You're in Arizona as am I(Gilbert) so it was more than likely a bark scorpion, Arizona is infested with them. The baby bark scorpions are actually more dangerous then the adults because they can't control their venom and release it all at once. Like X said, cats eat them without a problem all the time. I've actually never have heard of a cat dying from a scorpion.....therefore I have came to two possible conclusions.....either cats are immune to the sting or i've also heard the scorpions just can't get a sting landed on a cat due to all that fur unlike humans skin that can be easily penatrated. I know quite a few dogs that have been killed by scorpions though. For the most part a even bark scorpions are not deadily, unless you are an infant or very elderly.
Old 09-04-06, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mllefoo
Scorpions would get rid of the cricket problem.
Then release cats to get rid of your scorpion problems, then dogs to get rid of the cat problem, then a few alligators to get rid of the dog problem, then you'll be all set. Alligators don't make too much noise.
Old 09-04-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
People should be banned from areas where insects reside, and vice-versa. Some creatures are just not made to live together.

I lived for 5 years in PHX and never had a problem. However we had friends that went to our church/school and they regularlyhad them in their house. Four of the five of them had been stung over a years time. They kept calling a local company who finally determined that their entire block was built on some sort of huge nest/home of them and there was really nothing they could do....
Old 09-10-06, 03:07 PM
Banned

I honestly read somewhere that the scorpion is the oldest, fossil dated, unchanged by evolution, land based life form on record. This is the face of our God!

BEWARE!!! I HUNGER!
Old 09-10-06, 03:28 PM

God or not, they're still gonna die when I see them. Killed two more since my first post and one black widow last night. At least they were all outside. The spray I used killed one of them and about a million crickets. Looks like a cricket warzone on my patio with cricket bodyparts everywhere.
Old 09-10-06, 03:53 PM
Banned

God or not, they're still gonna die when I see them. Killed two more since my first post and one black widow last night. At least they were all outside. The spray I used killed one of them and about a million crickets. Looks like a cricket warzone on my patio with cricket bodyparts everywhere.
I'm telling you..... release cats, dogs, and alligators.... it'll work.
Old 09-10-06, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by matta
I'm telling you..... release cats, dogs, and alligators.... it'll work.
You forgot bullet ants!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.