Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

So I decided to order Pizza Hut's new Sicillian Lasagna Pizza . . .

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-29-06, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. . . And I wanted Jalepenos on it. They wouldn't give it it to me because it's not in the formula - whatever that means, in the register, on a poster, in the ingrediants - who knows?

The guy says he can charge me for them as a side item and give them to me on the side, but he can't actually put them on my pizza before it goes in the oven. The pizza is all pre-made. What the hell?

And before anyone asks I talked to the actual store not the call center.
Old 08-29-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't like pizza hut - it hurts my stomach.....
Old 08-29-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's obviously not in the formula.
Old 08-29-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy shit!! You mean it's like a pre-made lasagna they heat up and not a pizza?????
Old 08-29-06, 01:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Minor Threat
Holy shit!! You mean it's like a pre-made lasagna they heat up and not a pizza?????
Old 08-29-06, 01:06 PM

I don't like pizza hut - it hurts my stomach.....

I know. It's not great, but I'm packing my apartment for a move and I'm also without a car today. The picture looked pretty good online.

No pasta as far as I can tell. I'll give a review later. Guess I will be breaking out the ol' Tabasco
Old 08-29-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh - so it's a 8:1 crust to toppings ratio.....

Old 08-29-06, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want jalapenos on your pizza, order something Mexican. Italian lasagne doesn't have jalapenos in it. It doesn't have sliced plaintains in it, either, as I once tried to explain to a Puerto Rican girlfriend until my hair went gray.
Old 08-29-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MBoyd
The picture looked pretty good online.

No. No it doesn't. It looks like ass with tomato sauce.

Fortunately where I live, you can't swing a cat without hitting a real pizzeria.
Old 08-29-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We've had these for about 3 weeks now, but the national advertising just started on Sunday. The standard topping is beef, and we expect 95% of them to be beef, so if you show up during the lunch or dinner rush, when the sicillians have been pre-prepped, it's entirely possible that a csr would deny the existance of anything but a beef topping one. I know I've done that for other specials.

That said, Its a good pizza, with a really rich sauce. The herb baked crust is great by itself, and my favorite topping is chicken and tomatoes.
Old 08-29-06, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"Our seasoned crust... topped with beef topping"

Sounds delicious! Can I get some pre-injected natural flavor tomato product with that?
Old 08-29-06, 02:14 PM

Ok I ate 4 pieces. It wasn't terrible but it wasnt good. Just another basic fast food pizza. Nothing special. The cheese was hard and crusty, not gooey and runny. There was a lack of sauce on it. The crust flavor was kind of like the bread sticks. Definitely won't get it again. Typically I get thin crust with xtra sauce at Pizza Hut. Never underestimate the power of jalepenos to mask a bad pizza.

All the pizza connoisseurs here would definitely hate it. I like good pizza too, but there is a lack of the indie places around here and the ones that are here ape Pizza Hut. I found one and I swear they had old Pizza Hut signage dug out of the garbage!

As far as fast food deep dish goes I have found that CiCis has a good and cheap deep dish. The regular pizza is lacking, but the deep dish tastes much different.
Old 08-29-06, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pizza Hut is delicious, I don't care what you haters say.

But the people who answer the phones are idiots. All of them, idiots.
Old 08-29-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MBoyd
As far as fast food deep dish goes I have found that CiCis has a good and cheap deep dish. The regular pizza is lacking, but the deep dish tastes much different.
I refuse to believe that any pizza at Cicis is even edible. They built one locally about a year ago and my buddy at work starting going off on a regular basis about how bad they are. I figured I would ignore him and try. Sweet mother of god was he right. The food, service and total experience were the worst I have ever had.

I just got the mail a bit ago and saw the ad for this new pizza. It looked ok. My wife loves pizza so I'm sure that we'll end up having it eventually if I don't throw the ad away.
Old 08-29-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best pizza in Kansas City is Minsky's Nature's Choice, with honey wheat crust and veggies. If you want meat on pizza, d'Bronx is second best.
Old 08-29-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Pizza Hut is delicious, I don't care what you haters say.
Agreed. I'm also a huge fan of Godfathers.
Old 08-29-06, 02:29 PM

Just try the CiCis deep dish. Just order one for $6 and take it home. It's really decent. It's not pre-made like Pizza Hut. I talked to the manager about it and supposedly they make the crust fresh everyday. The sauce is different than the regular sauce and it's on top of the cheese.

Actually kvrdave, CiCis deep dish reminds me of Godfathers which I havent had since 1991.
Old 08-29-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pizza Hut has the best thin crust of any fast food pizza place I have been. Their medium and deep crust stuff is average. Cici's deep dish is pretty darn good, especially when it's all you can eat for 3 or 4 bucks.
Old 08-29-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vibiana
Best pizza in Kansas City is Minsky's Nature's Choice, with honey wheat crust and veggies.
That's not pizza, that's some kind of weird-ass hippie pie.
Old 08-29-06, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdollaz
That's not pizza, that's some kind of weird-ass hippie pie.

I know most people like meat on pizza ... I don't, makes it too greasy. They have a great seafood pizza that I like, though.
Old 08-29-06, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cici's is not bad at all for 3.99. Plus they have coupons reasonably regularly. When two adults and a child can eat dinner out, and be full, for less than 7 bucks, well, that gets points from me. I've never gone into my Cici's and not had someone greet me in a friendly fashion. Their deep dish is pretty good, and I love those cinnamon roll things.
That said, it's not the kind of place I would want to go to once a week.

*shrug* I like Pizza Hut, though it is incredibly greasy. I love their breadsticks [as long as they're fresh].
I can't really tell much from that picture, but it doesn't look too good; something about it just looks off. okay...I went to the site. Doesn't look like my kind of pizza, but I don't like 'beef' on pizza anyway.
Their thin crust is good, but I only get it when it's on the buffet....if I'm going to buy a pizza by itself, I want to get more out of it, so I get the regular crust.

Papa John's pan pizza was very disappointing; it didn't have enough sauce, the sauce tasted funny, and the dough wasn't good enough by itself.

We've got a couple of local or small-chain places around us, but I miss the one in my home town. Their pizza was thin crust, and very flavorful. Plus I've been eating there for 20 years [when I'm in town]. heh...they're online. http://www.partnerspizza.com/ I was in second grade with the daughter of the then-and-current owner, so one day we took a 'field trip' to the restaurant to see small business in action..and to eat pizza

Last edited by tonyc3742; 08-29-06 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-29-06, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cici's is too friendly. It's like some kind of cult. I hear "Welcome To Cici's" screamed at me at least 3 or 4 times.
Old 08-29-06, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vibiana
Best pizza in Kansas City is Minsky's Nature's Choice, with honey wheat crust and veggies. If you want meat on pizza, d'Bronx is second best.

I agree with everything you posted but the "nature's choice" shit.....
Old 08-29-06, 02:52 PM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
I really feel bad for all you mass produced pizza eaters out there.
Old 08-29-06, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with everything you posted but the "nature's choice" shit.....
I seem to have wandered into a den of redoubtable carnivores.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.