Reload this Page >

Anyone buy tickets on ebay?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-28-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to get my wife for her birthday, and I've decided I'm going to take her to a KC Chiefs game. I'm not looking for expensive tickets, because she mainly just wants to exprience a game there. I'm looking on ebay, and see some decent prices for tickets. The only other place I can think of to buy them would be Ace Collectibles, but they are too expensive. What has everyone's ebay experience been buying on ebay? Are there other places I should look?
Old 08-28-06, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Might find tickets on craigslist if there is one in your area. On ebay, make sure the sellers have lots of good feedback.
Old 08-28-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

stubhub...

And to answer the question...yes. quite a few times.
Old 08-28-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

StubHub.....excellent service.

btw....if your wife is into going to an NFL game for HER bday....you are a lucky lucky man!

-p
Old 08-28-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't bought tickets on ebay but I've sold a few.
Old 08-28-06, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have purchased Philadelphia Flyers tickets a couple of times with no problems.

Of course make sure the seller has a decent feedback record.
Old 08-28-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

stub hub sucks IMO. i tried buying angels tickets there and the fees amounted to 50% of the ticket price. wtf?! 50%? fuck that.

and i had to go pick them up at a hotel or something near the arena.

ebay was FAR better. just look for reputable sellers and it should be fine. i got basically the same tickets for the game for FAR less and they were emailed to me.
Old 08-28-06, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've used eBay multiple times for concert and sports tickets and never had a problem. As already suggested look for lots of positive feedback.
Old 08-28-06, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No problems on e-bay or craigslist. Also something to look for is a site associated with the KC Chiefs that allows season ticket holders to dump their tickets for individual games. I did this for a bunch of Giants games and got really great seats for not a whole lot of money. I don't remember the site, I'll see if I can dig it up.
Old 08-28-06, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Here you go. It was a division of tickets.com. The nice thing was, I bought tickets off a guy that had great season tickets and ended up just e-mailing the guy once in a while and he'd sell me tickets directly if he wasn't going to the game.

http://ticketscom.razorgator.com/sho...13-3-0-0-0-0-0
Old 08-28-06, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm cheap as hell and find many of the ticket outlets a ripoff. But Ebay has come through for me many times with half price concert tickets for major acts (U2, Stones, Depeche Mode). Like the others said, feedback can be your friend.
Old 08-28-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by monkeyboy
Here you go. It was a division of tickets.com. The nice thing was, I bought tickets off a guy that had great season tickets and ended up just e-mailing the guy once in a while and he'd sell me tickets directly if he wasn't going to the game.

http://ticketscom.razorgator.com/sho...13-3-0-0-0-0-0

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll probably end up going with ticketscom or stub hub. That way I don't have to worry about winning an auction. I did look though, and ticketscom wanted some $22 handling fee. I'll keep looking at craigslist also.
Old 08-28-06, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've had some really great luck getting tickets via ebay - as everyone's said, its all about feedback. Craigslist has also been good to me - the plus for that one is that your shopping in the same city, so picking up the tickets can quell a lot of the online shopping worries.