Reload this Page >

Ever asked a clerk/checkout person out?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-28-06, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at Target today and I was in a bit of a rush when I noticed the guy infront of me was hitting on the girl checking us out. Now he didnt ask for a number but they were chatting and I thought of Deuce when the old lady says "get laid on your own time you little pecker" Besides the chick looked a little put off by it and I felt kinda bad because it must be awkward for her for guys to hit on her while working.

I had to wonder why someone would do this, buy a DVD and soda or something than try hitting on the clerk. It seemed dumb; BUT I remembered I almost did this about 2 years ago with a chick at Best Buy. When I finally got the balls to do it though and had something to buy, she was never seen again. But after seeing the joker in line today try it, Im kinda glad I never did.

I gotta admit it does take a bit of balls to try this so I was wondering if anyone here has ever hit on the opposite sex while they were clerking and naturally, how did it go?

Last edited by Ravenous; 08-28-06 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-28-06, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

not my style, though at least I knew they had a job. I go after established women who can be my sugar momma.

-p
Old 08-28-06, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My brother just did this to the dry clean girl. While he didn't get a date, she did give him $15 off his bill "because he's cute and she's sorry".

Good for him I say.
Old 08-28-06, 12:04 AM

Shit $15? Thats better than a date!
Old 08-28-06, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I got a pair of Revo's for half off becuase the girl gave me her discount...that was pretty cool.

-p
Old 08-28-06, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got a date with the woman who worked at my dog's day care a few years ago.

She was Peruvian. I think things work different over there. Couldn't read her. We had one date and I left it at that.
Old 08-28-06, 12:10 AM

My best bud is Peruvian... theyre an odd folk. But very cool.
Old 08-28-06, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I egged a friend on into asking out a cashier at Target. He ended up getting her number and a couple dates out of it before she suddenly stopped calling.
Old 08-28-06, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I wanted to ask out the counter girl at a video store. I was purchasing "Dead Leaves", "THX 1138", "Videodrome", "Ichi the Killer" and "Demonlover". She was very cute and pretty young (I was thinking college student). She looked at my choices and said "It's nice to see someone who has good taste in movies." Wow, I was floored. We started talking about Cronenberg and Takashi Miike.

She mentioned that Gozu (Miike flick) was opening in a week. I should've asked her if she wanted to go but I've always been shy and sorta let it pass. We talked for 5 minutes (another customer showed up). I even told her I'd bring in my older copy of "Demonlover" since the one I was getting was the newer Director's Cut.

I never asked her name....
Old 08-28-06, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's kinda creepy if you ask me. The chick is paid to be nice, so the dude has a captive audience.

Dude! She smiled at me...
--Dude, she get's paid $8 an hour to smile at you.
No way, I think she digs me...
--.......riiiiiiight.
Old 08-28-06, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I wanted to ask out the counter girl at a video store. I was purchasing "Dead Leaves", "THX 1138", "Videodrome", "Ichi the Killer" and "Demonlover". She was very cute and pretty young (I was thinking college student). She looked at my choices and said "It's nice to see someone who has good taste in movies." Wow, I was floored. We started talking about Cronenberg and Takashi Miike.

She mentioned that Gozu (Miike flick) was opening in a week. I should've asked her if she wanted to go but I've always been shy and sorta let it pass. We talked for 5 minutes (another customer showed up). I even told her I'd bring in my older copy of "Demonlover" since the one I was getting was the newer Director's Cut.

This is kinda the way it was with me with that chick at Best Buy, I was buying Mr Destiny and we were talking about movies we grew up watching. I probably should have acted because opportunities are golden... youve never seen that girl again Tom?
Old 08-28-06, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
It's kinda creepy if you ask me. The chick is paid to be nice, so the dude has a captive audience.

Dude! She smiled at me...
--Dude, she get's paid $8 an hour to smile at you.
No way, I think she digs me...
--.......riiiiiiight.
Yea thats what I pretty much thought. But like Tom shows, in some cases theyre really nice and talking more than they have to with the "have a nice day" stuff.

Actually this did happen to me 2 or 3 years ago. I saw a drop dead hot chick at a CD store and talked to her and wanted to ask her out SOOOOO bad. Never did though, and a year later we ended up working together and becoming friends. We still are (but I wanted more dammit!)
Old 08-28-06, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

she didn't wear a nametag?
Old 08-28-06, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Then you feel like a dick. A hot chick, or any chick for that matter, working retail has to get hit on all the fuckin' time, then, you just become another random asshole makin' a pass.
Old 08-28-06, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I worked as a clerk for 2 years in high school...never hit on, let alone asked out.
Old 08-28-06, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have, and it worked out fairly well. We parted company after a while, but it was fun for the time being.

It's not something I would do on a regular basis, though.
Old 08-28-06, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When I used to work at clothing store, some chick wrote a check and circled her phone number and wrote call me. Needless to say I called and went to her place and fun things happened.
Old 08-28-06, 02:53 AM

Thats pretty cool spiral.

Thinking about it ,theres this chick at another local CD store that Id like to ask, but am weary of seeming creepy. Besides I go there all the time and if she says no, itd be awkward. Maybe I can go the Office Space approach.
Old 08-28-06, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like to whip it out and ask them to ring it up. It is a good icebreaker.
Old 08-28-06, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
There was a really cute girl that worked at a gas station next to my apt. in college. I was in there pretty much daily for cigarettes and it got to the point where, if there weren't any other customers, she'd take a smoke break when I came in and we'd chat for 5 or 10 minutes. After a month or so of this, I asked her out and we met for drinks a couple times. Turned out we didn't really have that much in common, but I didn't regret asking her out. I agree with those saying as a general rule, it isn't really appropriate to hit on someone while they're working, but as with most rules, there are exceptions. If it's someone you see on a pretty regular basis and develop a bit of a rapport with, I don't think it's a big deal.
Old 08-28-06, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
No. But I've wanted too so many times over the years.
Old 08-28-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
youve never seen that girl again Tom?
Uh, not sure. As it turned out, I went back once a week but never saw her. Then a month later I went back. I was standing in the horror section and noticed a girl walking towards me. I thought it might've been her but I didn't wanna say something if it wasn't. The whole time she stood there I kept trying to decide if it was her or not. I know... I should've asked her. Ahwell.
Originally Posted by D.Pham00
she didn't wear a nametag?
This was one of those "mom & pop" stores (for those local folks, it was Blow Out Video), so no nametags. It was until a long time afterward that I realized I should've looked at the receipt to see if her name was entered as the cashier. Arrrgh.
Old 08-28-06, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You should've rented some pr0n and asked her if she wanted to watch it with you.. that definitely would've worked
Old 08-28-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
I like to whip it out and ask them to ring it up. It is a good icebreaker.
Probably not good when it rings up $.99 cents on clearance.
Old 08-28-06, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Probably not good when it rings up $.99 cents on clearance.
I prefer it that way. Why should I deprive the poor of what I have to give.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.