Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

I don't want you people touching MY meat!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-27-06, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inspiration found here.

So, according to that article:

Move out of China's big cities or even into the suburbs, however, and shopping habits become more traditional as income levels fall. At a Vanguard supermarket in an unfashionable part of Shenzhen, manager Hu Fan tries to satisfy traditional and modern tastes. On the ground floor people net live fish and pick through tanks of frogs, trussed turtles and glistening chicken feet. But next to the unwrapped meat (shoppers traditionally like to handle meat to test its freshness), are plastic-covered pieces with reassuring expiry dates. Shoppers can choose from 130 types of fruit, twice the number found in a typical market.
My question is, can you really tell if meat is fresh just by handling it? I mean, if there're maggots crawling all around it and it's a different color than it should be, then I'm sure if feels different. But if it's a day old or 5 days old, is there really that much of a difference?

Regardless, I wouldn't want you Otters touching my meat beforehand. I mean, what if I want to eat it raw and you all had spread your diseases all over it with your filthy, unwashed hands!

-ringding-

Last edited by DrRingDing; 08-27-06 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-27-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Meat that is not yet spoiled, but will "turn" very soon, feels slimy.
Old 08-27-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's ok, I don't want to touch your meat anyways!!!!
Old 08-27-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Speaking of meat.......I had a really weird dream about fish last night. I'm not really a big fan of open water and whatnot. Scuba diving is different because i see the fish, I just don't like not seeing waht is going by me. So anyhow, I had this weird dream where I was trudging through the swamp and there were fish, eels, etc. It was funny though, this thing latched onto my hand and wouldn't come off, and then this big ass fish saw it so it came for it, grabbed it off my hand, and I sorta flung it at something....it was funny.

Yeah so...I have weird dreams sometimes.

-p
Old 08-27-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pedagogue
Speaking of meat.......I had a really weird dream about fish last night. I'm not really a big fan of open water and whatnot. Scuba diving is different because i see the fish, I just don't like not seeing waht is going by me. So anyhow, I had this weird dream where I was trudging through the swamp and there were fish, eels, etc. It was funny though, this thing latched onto my hand and wouldn't come off, and then this big ass fish saw it so it came for it, grabbed it off my hand, and I sorta flung it at something....it was funny.

Yeah so...I have weird dreams sometimes.

-p
You live in Florida.

It was probably real.
Old 08-27-06, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
You live in Florida.

It was probably real.
Yeah, you are probably right.

-p