Humidity affecting switch in Car

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-24-06, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

Ok I have a siren system on a car of mine. Now, whenever I start the car and it's humid out (warm or cold temp), the siren will wail -- even if the switch is off. The only thing I can do is pull the fuse until the humidity goes down.

Now, there are 2 switches. One is a toggle switch, and the other is a spring loaded "push" type switch - that when I depress it and hold it, the siren goes, when I let go, it springs back and the siren stops.

I am assuming that the push switch is bad, or over sensitive because if it was the control box of the siren that was bad, it wouldn't ever work when the toggle switch was off, know what I mean? It just seems that since the push button will activate the siren even when the toggle switch is off, that this is the only switch, that if tripped by humidity, would cause the siren to go off when the toggle is off....

That's just a guess -- any suggestions. I guess i could wait until a day when it goes off by itself, then i could disconnect the push switch and see if it still acts up -- would that be an idea?

Thanks ,.

Matt!
Old 08-25-06, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
replace the toggle switch?