Reload this Page >

Turned 30 today

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Turned 30 today

Old 08-22-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Turned 30 today

Got the wife, the two kids (one boy, one girl), the house in the suburbs, the riding lawnmower, the widescreen HDTV, and I'm building the home theater.

I've got a good job that pays the bills. I've got an amazing group of friends. My parents are still a big part of my life, and I've got a great brother as well. I've got lots of nieces and nephews and we always have a great time when everyone gets together.

My life has been thankfully tragedy-free. I've met Presidents. I've seen the beauty of this country on family trips and vacations.

Some days I miss the simplicity of being a kid. I miss high school and I miss college. Sometimes I wish I could do it all over again.

But then I look at my life, I look at where I've been and where I hope to go. And I realize, I'm happy. Some days are better than others. Some days I want to scream. Some days I want to cry. But I'm happy, I'm healthy and I'm 30. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way.

Christian

P.S. We're having people over this weekend to celebrate. Gonna be pretty low-key but I'm looking forward to it. How did you celebrate your 30th?
Old 08-22-06, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all the last 6 years have been rather a blur, can't recall what I did for my 30th birthday, all I can say is that even at 36 - I'm feeling old and way out of shape, yesterday's yardwork really put a strain on my back... (whoah is me, me is whoah). - oh and happy B-day
Old 08-22-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Happy birthday, fellow Otter and welcome to the world of the grown-ups. Renew! Renew!

I celebrated my thirtieth by buying a brand new car, then coming home to a delicious seafood carry-out dinner purchased by my then GF, followed by cake and nookie. I'll be turning forty in about 13 months and I hope to celebrate by buying a brand new truck, then coming home to a delicious chinese carry-out dinner purchased by my wife, followed by cake and nookie.
Old 08-22-06, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I booked several bands to play at a club for a big party for me.

It's all downhill after 35, I'm sorry to say! I got all these aches and pains now.
Old 08-22-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven
How did you celebrate your 30th?
Drunk.

In Vegas.

Congrats & happy b-day!
Old 08-22-06, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Happy 30th !
Old 08-22-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Happy birthday to you! I spent my 30th sitting alone in my closet crying. It was fun.
Old 08-22-06, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer
Happy birthday to you! I spent my 30th sitting alone in my closet crying. It was fun.
Leave it to Kitty to harsh the thread

I'm sorry! Happy belated 30th to you!!!

And thanks to everyone else too.
Old 08-22-06, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Happy b-day. 30 is the next 20, or so i've been told.

No idea where i'll be when i'm 30, but i'm hoping I'll be settled in a nice area and doing what I enjoy.

-p
Old 08-22-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Leave it to Kitty to harsh the thread

I'm sorry! Happy belated 30th to you!!!

And thanks to everyone else too.
Sorry, it was just a bad time for me. I'll be 35 this Thanksgiving. *runs off to cry*
Old 08-22-06, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

35 (and 31, 32, 33, & 34) was a hell of a lot easier for me to deal with than 30 was.
Old 08-22-06, 11:47 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the wife, the two kids (one boy, one girl), the house in the suburbs, the riding lawnmower, the widescreen HDTV, and I'm building the home theater.

I've got a good job that pays the bills. I've got an amazing group of friends. My parents are still a big part of my life, and I've got a great brother as well. I've got lots of nieces and nephews and we always have a great time when everyone gets together.

My life has been thankfully tragedy-free. I've met Presidents. I've seen the beauty of this country on family trips and vacations.
Okay, now I hate you.

Happy birthday!
Old 08-22-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by nevermind
35 (and 31, 32, 33, & 34) was a hell of a lot easier for me to deal with than 30 was.
Agreed.

Congrats, you old coot.
Old 08-22-06, 12:02 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

i have no idea who you are, but congrats!
Old 08-22-06, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hi, Draven - nice to meet you!
Old 08-22-06, 12:46 PM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi, Draven - nice to meet you!
See, you seemed very stable and well adjusted until you started posting to yourself. That may be a red flag.

Oh and happy B-Day.

Old 08-22-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega
See, you seemed very stable and well adjusted until you started posting to yourself. That may be a red flag.

Oh and happy B-Day.

The wits, they are slipping.

I find myself saying things my father said when I was growing up. Things that will blow your mind. Things like "speaking of video games, we need to get some milk."

There's something wrong with me.
Old 08-22-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 08-22-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Happy B Day. I turned 30 this past Feb. ( Groundhog Day to be exact ) I feel good too, I have my own business, the house, the cars, no kids ( thank God ), no wife yet. My uncle had a big party for me at his house, and alot af family and friends showed up. Enjoy yourself, you sound like you deserve it.
Old 08-22-06, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Happy Birthday. I am 26 and feel like im trapped in a 40 yr olds body. Each day is different. I am not that out of shape, about 20 extra pouds, bad knees and some other joints. I have the best girlfriend in the world, and one of the best jobs. I try to eat as healthy as I can to lengthen my stay here, but sometimes I can't resist certain temptations. oh yeah and Happy Birthday!
Old 08-22-06, 02:10 PM

Some days I miss the simplicity of being a kid. I miss high school and I miss college. Sometimes I wish I could do it all over again.

But then I look at my life, I look at where I've been and where I hope to go. And I realize, I'm happy. Some days are better than others. Some days I want to scream. Some days I want to cry. But I'm happy, I'm healthy and I'm 30. Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way.

Christian

P.S. We're having people over this weekend to celebrate. Gonna be pretty low-key but I'm looking forward to it. How did you celebrate your 30th?

I am turning 30 in a few months and I am starting to get the b-day blues. I am starting college, no idea what I am going to major in, my boyfriend is a few years younger than me so all the women in my life are asking "is he going to want a family when you do?" and that's driving me nuts!! I may be in a closet crying that day too..but that's my poo-poo party.

You sound like you really have a great life, for only being 30! Happy Birthday!!
Old 08-22-06, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

msblue, I feel your pain, my girlfriend is 5 years younger then me. I recently went back to school too. Cheer up
Old 08-22-06, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by M2theAX
msblue, I feel your pain, my girlfriend is 5 years younger then me. I recently went back to school too. Cheer up
Thanks (That's the same age difference for me & my bf too)
Old 08-22-06, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

30 was so not a big deal for me. i dont get why people start to freak.

i am 33 now. for my 30th I threw myself a party so the wife wouldnt try a suprise. in my yard, DJs, lots of drinking.

the main difference is now our parties dont have keg beer that runs out. we have fancy import bottles that are always left over becasue now everyone drinks wine and grey goose.

oh, and the wife gave me a weber.
Old 08-22-06, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Happy birthday!

I've contemplated what I'm going to do for my 30th next February. I think I'm going to ride a solo-century and maybe even go up to 150 miles.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.