Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Married Otters: When did you know that your SO was "the one"?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-21-06, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard a lot of stories where one partner in a relationship said that after the first date, or the first kiss, or the first whatever, that they knew they'd found the man or woman they were meant to marry. (Usually one person knows from day one, and the other person takes several months or years to come to the same realization...)

So what's your story? How did you and your wife or husband meet? When did you know that he or she was "the one"???
Old 08-21-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Didn't we already do this topic?
Old 08-21-06, 10:51 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-21-06, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I knew I'd spend the rest of my life with her after the first pregnancy. That's how we do things in Oklahoma.
Old 08-21-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After our first kiss.
Old 08-21-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When I got to stop paying.....
Old 08-21-06, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As soon as she told me she was pregnant, I knew she was the one.
Old 08-21-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I knew one of them WASN'T "the one" when she started singing "The Rodeo Song" in front of my parents after a couple of beers.
Old 08-21-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When I first saw you, I saw love. And the first time you touched me I felt love. And
after all this time, you're still the one I love
Old 08-21-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk God

I fell in love with my wife from a picture I saw at a family friends house. She was in the 7th grade at the time. I was 32. Actually, I was in the 9th grade. I met her about 9 months later.
Old 08-21-06, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
She was in the 7th grade at the time. I was 32.
Koo koo kerchoo, Mr. Robinson.
Old 08-21-06, 12:21 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
I fell in love with my wife from a picture I saw at a family friends house. She was in the 7th grade at the time. I was 32. Actually, I was in the 9th grade. I met her about 9 months later.

You am dumb. I was out of the 9th grade by the time I turned 25.
Old 08-21-06, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When she decided not to file for the restraining order. *sniff*
Old 08-21-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The first time she went ass to mouth. Word of advice guys: Don't base who you're going to marry on whether she will go ass to mouth on the first date.
Old 08-21-06, 01:47 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

18-Year-Old Miraculously Finds Soulmate In Hometown

"PESHTIGO, WI—In a miracle that defies statistical probability, Corey Muntner, 18, reported Monday that he found his soulmate, Tammy Gaska, right in his very own hometown of Peshtigo.

"They say God puts one special person on this planet who is your one true love," said Muntner, who has left Marinette County twice in his life, both times for marching-band competitions in nearby Menominee. "It's incredible, but I somehow found mine right here in the town where I've always lived. If that's not fate, I don't know what is."

Muntner, a 2001 graduate of Peshtigo High School, met Gaska, currently a junior at the school, in November 1999 in the student parking lot.

"I was hanging out by my car with my buddy Bryan, and this really hot chick comes walking up," Muntner said. "She asks us for a smoke, and I give her one of my Camels. So Bryan, who's a good guy but kind of a goober, says, 'What are you doing Saturday night?' She says, 'Nothing with you.' Then, for some reason, I say, 'How about me?' and she smiles and says, 'Sure.'"

"That girl's name, you ask?" Muntner continued. "Tammy Gaska."

Relationship experts estimate that the chances of meeting someone in your lifetime that you fully connect with on a spiritual, intellectual, and physical level are one in 2.3 billion, making the geographic proximity of the soulmates nothing short of astonishing.

"How often does a person find their one true love at all, much less in the tiny rural Wisconsin town where they grew up?" Muntner said. "That's why me and Tammy are still going out even though she gave Danny [Corvo] a hand job in the Copps [Food Center] freezer a few months ago. You just don't give up on true love."

Muntner said he very nearly did not meet Gaska, making their union all the more incredible.

"When I was in 10th grade, my dad got a job offer in Manitowoc, and we almost moved," Muntner said. "If he'd taken the job, I would have never met Tammy. It's pretty scary to think about how close that was to happening. Obviously, somebody up there wanted us to be together."

Muntner said he knew almost immediately that he and Tammy were "so meant to be together."

"I could tell on the first date that Tammy was Mrs. Right," Muntner said. "When she told me she wanted to eat at Schussler's Supper Club, I was like, 'That's my favorite place in town!' What are the odds that out of Peshtigo's five restaurants, we'd both like the same one?"

While many of his friends have had to search the state, country, or at least somewhere outside a three-mile radius to find "The One," Muntner said he is doubly blessed that Gaska lives a mere four blocks away.

"My friend Rodney [Auer] has a girlfriend who lives all the way over in Oconto Falls," Muntner said. "Sometimes, he doesn't get to see her all week if something is wrong with his truck. I don't think I could stand to be away from Tammy for that long."

Muntner, who prior to meeting Gaska had dated only two girls, one for five weeks and the other for two months, said he is amazed that he was able to find the perfect person so quickly—and in a town of only 3,400 people.

"Tammy is really special." Muntner said. "Most people who marry someone from their hometown just settle for whatever's around. I'm glad I didn't have to do that."

article here: http://tinyurl.com/o3xn7
Old 08-21-06, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Onion I presume?
Old 08-21-06, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
"They say God puts one special person on this planet who is your one true love,"
"They" are morans. Statistically, she would be Chinese.
Old 08-21-06, 02:02 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

but for MrPayroll, its cute latin women between the ages of 18 and 23.
Old 08-21-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I figured my wife was the "one" when no other chick was stupid enough to date me.
Old 08-21-06, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When he didn't leave after I said I wouldn't sleep with him until we were married. (wants me, not just sex). Previously other guys had been only about getting in my pants. Granted, I was only 18 when we started dating. From what I've heard, it's pretty much that way after 18 too. Put out first night on campus. I changed my mind
Old 08-21-06, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was love at first sight when I met my wife. DAMMIT! Never trust love at first sight.
Old 08-21-06, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Vibiana
I knew one of them WASN'T "the one" when she started singing "The Rodeo Song" in front of my parents after a couple of beers.
She? Did I miss something?
Old 08-21-06, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kantonburg
She? Did I miss something?
Yes. Quite a lot. Everything.

Old 08-21-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

when she told me
Old 08-21-06, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"They" are morans. Statistically, she would be Chinese.

It's funny because it's true.

I don't buy the whole "the one" theory. There are many, many women I could still love.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.