Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

My Vegas Trip Info Questions Pt. 1 (Hotel)

Old 07-02-06, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Vegas Trip Info Questions Pt. 1 (Hotel)

Ill be going to Vegas August 2nd. This is my first time there and I have alot of questions so Ive decided to break this up into sections. Today my interest is with hotels. I'll be staying at the Renaissance (3400 Paradise Road). My questions are.

1) Is this a good hotel location wise (near/on strip and other locations)?
2) What about bang for the buck (its about 115 per night)?
3)How is the hotel itself (ammenities,cleanliness etc...)?
4) Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Other parts Ill be doing will be traveling,food,tips, and spending.
Old 07-05-06, 05:53 AM
Banned

Never heard of the Renaissance. For 115, id pay more and stay on the strip. If you like seafood, go to the Rio Seafood Buffet. Pricey but its the best buffet in vegas hands down if you like seafood. Enjoy your stay! Im going to be there for a week early august as well. Im staying at a jacuzzi room in a top Rio suite.
Old 07-05-06, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It is across the street from the convention center monorail stop, so you'll be good provided the monrail doesnt break down.
Old 07-05-06, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the replies thus far, keep them coming. Just to add, the last few days of the trip we got a good deal so we are either staying at Treasure Island or the Bellagio. What about those places as well?
Old 07-05-06, 07:45 AM
Banned

Bellagio is awesome to stay at. Love staying there.
Old 07-05-06, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Blitz6Speed
Never heard of the Renaissance. For 115, id pay more and stay on the strip.

Neither have I. If you are going in the middle of summer, you should be able to find decent deals on the Strip. $115 doesn't sound worth it to stay in a no=name off-strip hotel.
Old 07-05-06, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've heard of it. It's a really nice place, the biggest non-gaming hotel in Nevada. So just expect to have to go elsewhere to gamble.
Old 07-05-06, 09:45 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
It is across the street from the convention center monorail stop, so you'll be good provided the monrail doesnt break down.
Unfortunately the monrail prices have gotten ridiculous this year. They have about doubled since I went last year.

Also:
As for the location, the neighborhood was a little "Scary". Being off the strip, you get all the shady areas of the "ghetto". But the monorail is a short 3 minute walk away from the hotel! Easy access to anywhere on the strip! PLENTY of parking as well.
From
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-31...4UlguhHlPiphQB
Old 07-05-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Renaissance??? This isn't Phoenix, this is Vegas. Why waste your time staying in a boring nongaming hotel off Strip? You can stay in a Renaissance type hotel in any other city in the nation. When in Vegas, stay in a real Vegas hotel, whether that be Imperial Palace or the Venetian, and save the Renaissance type hotels when your visiting the inlaws in Boca.

I would rather stay in a dump on the Strip then a nice boring non-gaming hotel off Strip, but that is just me.
Old 07-05-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Between Bellagio and TI, I would obviously choose the B, as it is much nicer. However, my favorite poker room is Venetian, and the TI is accross the street from it, so that would affect my decision. A lot of rooms (including the Venetian and Mirage) have poker room rates. Something to consider.