Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Adultery Ending in Decapitation

Old 07-02-06, 05:43 PM

Adultery Ending in Decapitation

This an old news story, but it's scary and true. Link>http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/headless.asp

Like something out of a horror movie:

Beheaded for Trouble

Claim: A cuckolded husband presented his wife with the head of her lover.

Origins: Our grisly tale begins with this newspaper clipping from December 1993:
FULDA, Germany, Dec 8 (AFP) - An American soldier cut off the head of his pregnant wife's lover and put it on her bedside table in the hospital here where she was about to give birth, a spokesman at the German public prosecutor's office said on Wednesday.

The angry husband struck on Tuesday when his rival, a fellow GI in the American 11th cavalry regiment, was phoning the woman from nearby Sickels military airfield.

The first soldier cut off the second one's head with a knife, then drove to the hospital and showed it to his wife and left it there. The victim just had time to call down the telephone, "Your husband is coming," the German sources said.

An American army spokesman confirmed a decapitated body had been found in a telephone box at the military airfield. U.S. military police held the first man for questioning. He was not immediately named.

You might think that so gruesome a tale couldn't get worse, but you'd be wrong.

In December of 1993, Gregory Glover paid the ultimate penalty for messing with another fellow's wife. His friend, Stephen Schap, didn't take the news of Glover's wrongdoings all that gracefully, coming as it was from his pregnant wife's lips with her about to give birth to this other man's child.

Leading up to this gruesome event was the breakdown of the Schaps' marriage. Posted to a U.S. Army airfield in Germany, Sgt. Schap and his wife grew apart over time, a condition Schap was seemingly unaware of, but one with which his wife was all too painfully in touch. Communication broke down, loneliness set in, and a friendship with one of her husband's army buddies progressed from the platonic to the physical.

Diane Schap asked for a divorce at various times, citing marital breakdown as her reason, but her husband always managed to talk her into trying again. He was unaware (or perhaps uncaring) of the depth of her dissatisfaction and completely in the dark about her involvement with another man. As well, there was the coming child to consider, a child Schap did not know was not his.

And so the stage was set in early December of 1993. Schap discovered indications of his wife's infidelity from reading her diary while she was away for a weekend visiting a girlfriend. Though she'd previously asked for a divorce, she'd never mentioned her relationship with Glover. The news in her diary came as a shock to Schap; upon her return he asked her pointblank if she'd been sleeping with his friend. She assured him she had not been, and this assurance appeared to satisfy her husband. He contacted the base chaplain the next day to make arrangements for Diane to return to the States; the two of them had finally reached agreement on a divorce.

Diane was hospitalized on December 7 for complications relating to her pregnancy. It was then that she decided that her husband must be told about the parentage of the child she was carrying. She shared her news with him from her hospital bed, and he initially appeared to take it well. (Since Schap had already resigned himself to the marriage's being over, perhaps this wasn't all that unexpected a response.) Within the hour he returned in an agitated state, demanding to know details of who her lover was and where they'd made love.

After this confrontation, Schap left "to pack his things." In reality he went to seek out Glover. Schap found him in a phone booth on the base, in the process of conversing with Diane. The lovers had been speaking for 5 or 10 minutes, Diane testified, when Glover suddenly swore twice. The second expletive was "cut off mid-breath," she said. "Then all I heard was the dial tone."

Glover suffered slight knife wounds in the telephone booth, then tried to escape on foot. He ran a short distance but slipped and fell, and Schap was quickly on top of him, according to witnesses. Schap stabbed his victim 10 to 15 times before beheading him.

We quote Diane Schap's recollection of the events from her description of them at Schap's trial:

After checking into a German hospital in Fulda that day, she had been obliged to confess to her husband that she was pregnant by another man.

A few hours later she was speaking by phone with that other man, Glover, a personable 21-year-old soldier who was a friend to both the Schaps. The line suddenly went dead. Now, around a half-hour later, she heard footsteps coming quickly down the hospital hallway. She recognized them as her husband's.

The door burst open, and there stood Stephen Schap, according to her testimony, his chest heaving, clothes speckled with blood. He was carrying a Head gym bag. "He had the sports bag over his shoulder, and it looked like it was full," she said.

It was. Her husband reached into the bag, she said, and pulled out Glover's head.

"He grasped the head in both hands and he tried to push it in my face. I kept screaming and screaming," she said, sobbing as she testified.

"Look, Diane Glover's here! He'll sleep with you every night now. Only you won't sleep because all you'll see is this," Stephen Schap told her, according to her testimony.

Doctors who had heard the terrified screams ran to the room. There they found Diane Schap, her face pale with shock, bedclothes spattered with blood. Stephen Schap sat at the foot of the bed, across his wife's legs. And on the night stand, facing Diane Schap, was Glover's head.

Stephan Schap was courtmartialed for the murder of Gregory Glover in April 1994. He was found guilty and given a mandatory life sentence.

Barbara "lost his head over a love affair" Mikkelson

Last updated: 28 December 2005
is all I can say. I know that adultery sucks but I certainly think the vengeful, jealous husband went way too far.
Old 07-02-06, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Someone always seems to lose their head when cheating is involved.

-p
Old 07-02-06, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He was carrying a Head gym bag. "He had the sports bag over his shoulder, and it looked like it was full," she said.

It was. Her husband reached into the bag, she said, and pulled out Glover's head.
Yes, I guess he was.
Old 07-02-06, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

He'll never be the head of a major corporation...
Old 07-02-06, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In vengeance, I would say he jumps to the head of the class.
Old 07-02-06, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That guy was an idiot. He was 7 heads short!!

-p
Old 07-02-06, 10:54 PM
Suspended

Now THAT is giving your wife head.
Old 07-03-06, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Don't hospitals have security,alot of staff and cameras? How could he not be suspiscous walking through a hospital covered in blood carrying the gym bag?

It seems alittle peculiar that no one noticed and or thought something was up.
Old 07-03-06, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would imagine people cut themselves all the time before going to hospitals. I've walked into a hospital with blood on my clothes before. I've never been in a German hospital, but I do know that not all hospitals have much security.
Old 07-03-06, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Yeah, I remember this. I was living in Berlin at the time and still involved with the military community. This was big buzz, especially since infidelity was rampant. Heck, when I was a young, single PFC with more balls than brains, I had a bit of a rep as an "FTX Romeo" (FTX is "Field Training Exercise, and an FTX Romeo is a fella who hits the clubs on post when the big combat units are in the field and the lonely wives are looking for no-strings hookups). I guess I was lucky! [rubbing neck thoughtfully]
Old 07-03-06, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Now THAT is giving your wife head.
Wouldn't that be more like his wife giving HIM head?
Old 07-03-06, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The moral of the story is: Don't lose your head over a woman.
Old 07-03-06, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
The moral of the story is: Don't lose your head over a woman.
The gay-male version is: Marie Antoinette, surely not the only queen in history to lose her head over a basket.
Old 07-03-06, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kind of surprised that this story isn't out of the middle east and it's the man who was decapitated.
Old 07-03-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Kind of surprised that this story isn't out of the middle east and it's the man who was decapitated.

There it is not news.
Old 07-03-06, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I consider this a measured and appropriate response, given the crime.
Old 07-03-06, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
Don't hospitals have security,alot of staff and cameras? How could he not be suspiscous walking through a hospital covered in blood carrying the gym bag?

It seems alittle peculiar that no one noticed and or thought something was up.
Germany or Florida? Ever heard of that game? Apparently many weird sex news stories and bizzare shit like this happen a lot in Germany and Florida so it's possible...well actually...it's pretty apparent...that no one gave him a second thought.
Old 07-04-06, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted Bushdog:
I consider this a measured and appropriate response, given the crime.
So you think in retaliation to adultury the appropriate response is to kill the guy sleeping with your wife, remove his head and then present it to your spouse...!?
Old 07-04-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Cancer Man
So you think in retaliation to adultury the appropriate response is to kill the guy sleeping with your wife, remove his head and then present it to your spouse...!?
It is tough to connote a joke without using smilies, though, at times, I try.
Old 07-04-06, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
No of course not. Don't be ridiculous. You behead the wife, then present to the guy sleeping with her.
Now that thinking ahea...oh never mind.
Old 07-04-06, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The first soldier cut off the second one's head with a knife, then drove to the hospital and showed it to his wife and left it there. The victim just had time to call down the telephone, "Your husband is coming," the German sources said.
That's pretty amazing considering he didn't have a head at the time!
Old 07-05-06, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bushdog:
It is tough to connote a joke without using smilies, though, at times, I try.
Thank God you're only kidding, Bushdog, since I've posted this story on another forum and some of the posters there actually thought the wife and murdered man got what they deserved and adulterers should be killed. They were being honest with their opinion and not kidding around.

Don't get me wrong, the wife was very foolish and the murder victim was possibly a rat but they did not deserve what happened to them and the deranged husband is the bigger monster in this story, even though he had been initially wronged.
Old 07-05-06, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cancer Man
Lord Darnell got away with it ...

NOTE: google "Matty Groves" for the explanation.

Last edited by Vibiana; 07-05-06 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-05-06, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk God

whats a Head gym bag?
Old 07-05-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Originally Posted by twikoff
whats a Head gym bag?

Well, that's actually a racket bag, but you get the idea.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.