Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Know any good Dream Interpretation & Body Language websites?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 06-30-06, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ive been discussing these topics lately with some people and I honestly dont know much on these subjects. Ive been trying to look stuff up on google and everything but get basic adds for someones book.

I would like to read some on these subjects but avoid buying something, I mean isnt that what the internet is for? So if anyone here has found websites on these topics please help out; it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-30-06, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Dream interpretation is basically a bunch of bullshit. At least the stuff that says, "If you dream of a kite, you have worries about health" or "If you dream about cheesecake, something good will come to your family". The other day I dreamt Scarlett Johansson was one of my close friends. I dreamt we went out to dinner with her.

As far as body language, I do remember seeing a lot of books in the bookstore for this. You might try looking under sociology, or sales, or crime (for interrogation). Or search Amazon.
Old 06-30-06, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dreams mean different things to different people. Some have great meaning and some none at all. If you think your dreams are trying to tell you something you should keep a notebook by your bed and write them done. Then try to find a pattern in the dreams in the way they relate to your life.
Old 07-01-06, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My dreams dont seem to say something, they are something. Ive woken up many times thinking that what I dreamt actually happened yesterday! I know fucked up, but Ive met one other person with this "problem"

Im not too keen on looking for books at the store, thats why the request for a site, but since I'll be around one sunday, I may have to bum around and read!
Old 07-01-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ravenous
My dreams dont seem to say something, they are something. Ive woken up many times thinking that what I dreamt actually happened yesterday! I know fucked up, but Ive met one other person with this "problem"

Im not too keen on looking for books at the store, thats why the request for a site, but since I'll be around one sunday, I may have to bum around and read!
I'm going to guess that it's stress. When I was studying for the hardest test I ever took (up until that point), I would constantly wake up for weeks after the test, thinking it was that day; at this point it was summer and I was on vacation out of the country. I had dreamt that I was studying nevertheless.

On the other hand, I sure remember a lot of things about bio.
Old 07-01-06, 09:35 AM
Banned

My dreams are always nonsensical. I used to have a reoccurring dream where I would be chased by a minotaur. I have had dreams where I was swimming in my backyard swimming pool and was eaten by a shark or I went into some office building and starting shooting up the place Matrix-style for no apparent reason. I have never had a "normal" dream. The only thing I have ever noticed my dreams having in common is that I die in the vast majority of them.
Old 07-01-06, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer
Mine are always filled with images of strange pieces of furniture.
knee pads are NOT furniture

Old 07-01-06, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mine are always filled with images of strange pieces of furniture.
Old 07-01-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Huh?
Old 07-01-06, 03:29 PM

What does it mean if you don't remember your dreams?
Old 07-01-06, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
for me, it would probably mean that I dreamt about the winning lottery numbers for the next drawing.

I've always thought that dreams were nothing more than your mind's garbage can. During the night your mind just throws away all the useless crap that it took in.
Old 07-01-06, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
You had too much to drink the night before