DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   This is just plain wrong... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/469754-just-plain-wrong.html)

heavywear 06-23-06 06:08 PM

This is just plain wrong...

this site was featured in a local newspaper recently:

http://www.huggableurns.com/

really warped.

Bandoman 06-23-06 06:11 PM

They stole my idea! Well, actually I just usually take some body parts of my <strike>victims</strike> departed loved ones and shove them into stuffed animals so they can be close to me forever.

General Zod 06-23-06 06:12 PM

I wouldn't want one, but I don't see it as any more or less warped than having an urn in the house anyway.

Bronkster 06-23-06 06:12 PM

Gah! Took me a moment to realize what I was looking at! That's just creepy!

heavywear 06-23-06 06:18 PM

I have a few emails I'm preparing to send them based on this quote:

"Please note: The Teddy Bears, Dog and Cat are made to hold smaller
portions, where as the pillows will hold the remains of an adult."

Dear Sirs, I have a grandfather that will die soon who is quite obese. Is it possible to sew him into a plush barcolounger? I love my Grandpa.

heavywear 06-23-06 06:20 PM

Dear Sirs,

I plan to die next week and I'm wondering if my remains can be crafted into a set of plush beanie babies for my triplets and possibly a travel pillow for my wife. Thanks in advance.

adamblast 06-23-06 06:21 PM

Or give them your weight and ask how many Teddy Bears you'll fill... say that you're planning ahead for your grandchildren... Ask them if they make animatronic bears like Teddy Ruxpin, and if they can feature your real voice, too...

Kittydreamer 06-23-06 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast
Or give them your weight and ask how many Teddy Bears you'll fill... say that you're planning ahead for your grandchildren... Ask them if they make animatronic bears like Teddy Ruxpin, and if they can feature your real voice, too...

:lol: Eww! Ubercreepy!!!

ukywyldcat 06-23-06 07:24 PM

Thats a whole big bowl of wrong.

Seeker 06-23-06 07:27 PM

I could see it for a pet, maybe.

dick_grayson 06-23-06 07:29 PM

shouldn't this be in "hot deals"?

DVD Polizei 06-23-06 07:42 PM

You'd be surprised what remains are put in. Teddy Bears are a compliment. At least for my family. :up:

gmal2003 06-23-06 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast

Teddy Ruxpin is creepy by himself, turn him into a urnbear and thats just too much.

NCMojo 06-24-06 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
You'd be surprised what remains are put in. Teddy Bears are a compliment. At least for my family. :up:

"Mmmm.... soup!"

illini420 06-24-06 08:42 AM

Plenty of ideas for a new horror movie in this thread.

Mrs. Danger 06-24-06 09:18 AM

Anybody who puts my ashes in something like that is going to get haunted!

jazzywoo 06-24-06 09:52 AM

im sorry this is just scary -eek- , just emagine giving your kids a teddy bear and knowing grandads ashes are in it eeww, saying that i dont get these people who get their pets stuffed and keep them in the house -confused- , just get them stuck in the ground and visit the grave , thats what i think anyway , you always photos and your memories , you dont need to get your loved one stuffed into a teddy bear , or get your pet stuffed and put in the corner of you living room, thats my point of view on the subject :)

Bandoman 06-24-06 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by jazzywoo
just emagine

This internet lingo is going way too far. I'm e-frowning.

Gil Jawetz 06-24-06 10:18 AM

That's e-tarded.

mllefoo 06-24-06 10:25 AM

It's no less creepy than my mom keeping my grandmother in a filing cabinet for ten years. :shrug:

I don't care what you keep your ashes in, as long as you can't be mistaken for tea.

jazzywoo 06-24-06 10:29 AM

i read the testimonials i found that one where they had the littles girls twin put in one and then gave it to her very creepy

al_bundy 06-24-06 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by mllefoo
It's no less creepy than my mom keeping my grandmother in a filing cabinet for ten years. :shrug:

I don't care what you keep your ashes in, as long as you can't be mistaken for tea.

you can always use them to add flavor to grilled meat

Buford T Pusser 06-24-06 02:14 PM

Cuddly cremation at its finest.