Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

The Bouillabaise Subterfuge Smorgasbord and Collected Mish-Mash Medley of Miscellany

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

The Bouillabaise Subterfuge Smorgasbord and Collected Mish-Mash Medley of Miscellany

Old 03-07-19, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Bouillabaise Subterfuge Smorgasbord and Collected Mish-Mash Medley of Miscellany

Old 03-08-19, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Bouillabaise Subterfuge Smorgasbord and Collected Mish-Mash Medley of Miscellany

Take a look.
#TrumpHotels
Old 03-08-19, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
Take a look.
#TrumpHotels
Parody AOC Twitter:

Old 03-09-19, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-13-19, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 03-14-19, 09:51 AM

I bought soft tacos at a hole-in-the-wall taqueria last night. They gave me a small bag with some pickled vegetables - carrot slices, whole jalapeno and a radish. What is the purpose of this? Is it like an anti-pasto kind-of-thing to eat on the side or do people put them in tacos?
Old 03-14-19, 09:34 PM

Guy sees other guy pointing bow and arrow at him. First guy gets out his cell phone to take a pic. Second guy shoots arrow and hits him in the phone.
Old 03-15-19, 02:13 PM
Suspended

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

Originally Posted by Kevin Phillips View Post
I bought soft tacos at a hole-in-the-wall taqueria last night. They gave me a small bag with some pickled vegetables - carrot slices, whole jalapeno and a radish. What is the purpose of this? Is it like an anti-pasto kind-of-thing to eat on the side or do people put them in tacos?
Yeah just a thing to eat on the side. I’ve never seen it served in a bag however.
Old 03-15-19, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
Yeah just a thing to eat on the side. I’ve never seen it served in a bag however.
Thanks. This was carryout. I assume if I ate in, they would have been on the side.

Old 03-15-19, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-17-19, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Two men grow up together, but after college one moves to Maryland and the other to Texas. They agree to meet every ten years in Florida to play golf and catch up with each other.
At age 32 they meet, finish their round of golf and head for lunch.
“Where you wanna go?”
“Hooters.”
“Why Hooters?”
Spoiler:

“They have those servers with the beautiful bosoms, the tight shorts, and the gorgeous legs.”
“You’re on.”
At age 42, they meet and play golf again.
“Where you wanna go for lunch?”
“Hooters.”
“Again? Why?”
“They have cold beer, big screen TVs, and side action on the games.”
“OK.”
At age 52 they meet and play again. “So where you wanna go for lunch?”
“Hooters.
“Why?”
“The food is pretty good and there’s plenty of parking.”
“OK.”
At age 62 they meet again.
After a round of golf, one says, “Where you wanna go?”
“Hooters.”
“Why?”
“Wings are half price and the food isn’t too spicy.”
“Good choice”
At age 72 they meet again.
Once again, after a round of golf, one says, “Where shall we go for lunch?”
“Hooters.”
“Why?”
“They have six handicapped parking spaces right by the door and they have senior discounts.”
“Great choice.”
At age 82 they meet and play again. “Where should we go for lunch?”
“Hooters.”
“Why?”
“Because we’ve never been there before.”
“Okay.”

Old 03-18-19, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-18-19, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Makes me happy. Looks like a sweet kitty. The only thing is, some people have severe cat allergies, so those people cannot visit their local public library.
Old 03-20-19, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know the whole story here but I am sure "someone" got outraged over the removal of the cat even though it is a health concern for some. And I am sure they felt proud of themselves for getting the cat back.
Old 03-20-19, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
I don't know the whole story here but I am sure "someone" got outraged over the removal of the cat even though it is a health concern for some. And I am sure they felt proud of themselves for getting the cat back.
I doubt the cat has covered the entire library with dander. Someone with a severe cat allergy would be more endangered by other patrons covered with cat hair.
Old 03-20-19, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-21-19, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
I doubt the cat has covered the entire library with dander. Someone with a severe cat allergy would be more endangered by other patrons covered with cat hair.
From the last article in picture.
Browser got his job at the White Settlement Public Library when he was just a kitten. That was in October of 2010, the library’s website says. He was recruited from a local animal shelter as an inexpensive, effective method of pest control.

In July, a city worker apparently demanded Browser’s removal after the worker was not allowed to bring a puppy to work at City Hall. Two-legged library workers were outraged, and many people who use the library often said that they were unhappy with Bowser’s dismissal.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/library...nted-him-gone/

As of meow the cat stays.
Old 03-21-19, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I remember reading these books when I was a kid, but this had never actually occurred to me:

Old 03-21-19, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
As of meow the cat stays.

X- councilman Clements when asked for comment was silent.

Spoiler:
You could say the cat had his tongue.

Old 03-24-19, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Doug Pender lived all his life in the Florida Keys and is on his deathbed and knows
the end is near. His nurse, his wife, his daughter and two sons, are with him.

He asks for two witnesses to be present and a camcorder be in place
to record his last wishes, and when all is ready he begins to speak:

"My son, Bernie, I want you to take the Ocean Reef houses."

"My daughter Sybil, you take the apartments between mile markers 100 and Tavernier."

"My son, Jamie, I want you to take the offices over in the Marathon Government Center."

"Sarah, my dear wife, please take all the residential buildings on the bay side on Blackwater Sound."

The nurse and witnesses are blown away as they did not realize his extensive holdings, and as
Doug slips away, the nurse says,

"Mrs. Pender, your husband must have been such a hard-working man to have accumulated all this property."

The wife replies, "The idiot had a paper route!"
Old 03-24-19, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Last edited by Mrs. Danger; 03-24-19 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-25-19, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-25-19, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This used to be good stuff!

Old 03-25-19, 09:20 AM
Suspended

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

Note “used to be”.
Old 03-25-19, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
This used to be good stuff!

there is as special place in hell for people that come up with flavors like this....

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.