Reload this Page >

Anyone Else Hate Their Neighbor?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 03-24-06, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I live in an apartment & noise is obviously expected but my dumb ass, inconsiderate neighbor has this habit of BLASTING his music anywhere between midnight & 4 in the GOT damn morning. And seeng as his bedroom is RIGHT next to mine, it's like his radio is next to my ear. I've banged on the wall & his door (to which he actually turned it UP...fucker)....police have been called twice....I've complained to my landlord & she said she'd talk to him. She said after a 3rd complaint...he goes & he's up to 2. Just last Friday he had his bass heavy music going at 3 in the morning until about 3:45 when it FINALLy went off. I was gonna go talk to my landlord but never got around to it & let it go after a few days cuz I don't want to look like i"m a whiny bitch when it happend almost 5 days ago.

This dude must seriioulsy smoke some good shit cuz he seems obvlivous that he's in an apartment and you have neighbors. My landlord said he's got a good job & doesn't work until the late afternoons but for some reason he's got his alarm going off at 7 in the morning & I work afternoons so I usually sleep until noon or so cuz I go to bed around 3 or 4 but I get woken up to this pricks' radio EVERY morning. AM I being TOO picky about this or is he just an ass? I know the majority of people work "normal" hours but for the love of god, are some people that frickin retarded that they don't think for a second other people may not work the same hours? Ok, done with my rant. Discuss.........
Old 03-24-06, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk God

If I don't like one of my neighbors, I evict them.
Old 03-24-06, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd definitely react the same way as you. Keep calling the police and making reports to the landlord until you get some peace and quiet. If the guy is a big enough prick to turn the music -up- in leiu of your complaints, he deserves any citations or eviction that comes his way.

-JP
Old 03-24-06, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do you have access to the building fusebox? I used to turn off my inconsiderate neighbor's juice when they'd blast the stereo too late. They didn't know it was me and so they'd turn it down thinking the volume is what blew the fuse.
Old 03-24-06, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Be a man and punch him in the eye. Then take his girlfriend and smoke his weed. And if he does it again punch him in the other eye and take his beer and when you have drank to much and have to pee do it in his butt.
Old 03-24-06, 05:05 AM

It's a common rule in an apartment. Don't blast your stereo unless you like having the police at your door. His ass should be gone by now. I don't think you've overreacted at all.
Old 03-24-06, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, when that fucktard turned the music up when you knocked on the wall that was a declaration of WAR. Fuck 'em. Keep complaining and calling the cops until he's gone. I work weird hours too so I'm up all night but I do my best to keep the noise down because I don't want to bother my neighbors.

--

As far as neighbors, when the retard couple downstairs have sex the bitch screams like a banshee. I don't hate them but it's still pretty gross.
Old 03-24-06, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
As far as neighbors, when the retard couple downstairs have sex the bitch screams like a banshee. I don't hate them but it's still pretty gross.
Fuck you. Aside from the drooling and spasms, she's a great girl. If you got to know the two of us, you'd realize that. You'd also realize that I'm a love machine and she can't help it.
Old 03-24-06, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hate my whole neighborhood. Ive never had an apartment but if someone fucks with me and sleep (the best part of the day imo) than its war. I wouldnt call cops or landlords, just "throw down"

Ive come close with asses who like playing their car stereo louder than shit and the whole block can hear a repeating bass line from fucking Tejano. Man, im getting pissed just thinking of it...
Old 03-24-06, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Ive come close with asses who like playing their car stereo louder than shit and the whole block can hear a repeating bass line from fucking Tejano.

Good ol' San Antonio.
Old 03-24-06, 06:09 AM

Yes, I hate one of my neighbors. I wish I had the money to buy property that isn't close to neighbors.
Old 03-24-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Do you have access to the building fusebox? I used to turn off my inconsiderate neighbor's juice when they'd blast the stereo too late. They didn't know it was me and so they'd turn it down thinking the volume is what blew the fuse.

good info...gonna have to look into that as the box is right below me...

You'd think that this guy would get a clue, especially after the cops already came to his door AND the landlord talked to him but nope. I may not be the brightest bulb but I was considerate enuff to buy a wireless headset as soon as I moved into my apartment simple cuz it's an apartment. Maybe I'll cut out a picture of one and slide it under his door...

Last edited by phatboy; 03-24-06 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-24-06, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't know one of my neighbors, so I consider them strange and different. My other neighbor is great, I couldn't ask for anyone better to live next door.

About a year and a half ago, I had a party here and I see my neighbor from two doors down walk in. I thought he was going to complain but he came with his own beer glass and asked if he could join us. (Of course I said yes).
Old 03-24-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Bus
About a year and a half ago, I had a swingers party here and I see my neighbor from two doors down walk in. I thought he was going to complain but he came with his own beer glass and asked if he could join us. (Of course I said yes).
Old 03-24-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, the bitch in my building who keeps getting the shit kicked out of her by her boyfriend and the police that have to come every few weeks and do a full investigation because yesterday he tried to stab her, is really starting to piss me off. Man, if moving wasnt such a pain in the ass, I would definitely move out of this shit hole.
Old 03-24-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I live in a racially mixed building and am just about the only white person. There are apartments and rental houses for several blocks around me, and there are loads of blacks and Latinos. Some of them get to playing their rap or mariachi or whatever too loud, and that's when Vibiana calls the friendly boys in blue.

One time one of the Latino boys started bitching about police harassment and I reminded him that if he's playing his music loud enough to disturb other people, being asked to turn it down is not harassment. He didn't much care for my reminder, but then it's hard to teach a cretin anything, whether he has a Senor Wences accent or not.

EDITED TO ADD that if the recent fire at my building, or the even more recent robbery of my apartment, is the responsibility of any of my neighbors, I intensely loathe that person. However, since I am a Christian, if that person will confess their sin to me and offer to make amends, I will joyfully accept their apology before beating the shit out of them.
Old 03-24-06, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I avoid all my neighbors. They're not noisy, but they're messy and lazy. The dopes next door still have icicles lights up from Christmas and they never brought in their 5' lighted Santa, just hid him behind the big bush right in front of their house. The woman across the street walks her ratdog on my lawn when I'm not home.
The others try and say hello to me as I go by.
Believe that shit? Hello. Geez.
Old 03-24-06, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've lucked out with neighbors in the past. I think you're being pretty nice about the situation, and handling it in a good, escalating fashion. I think the fusebox idea is a good... maybe you could get the key to it from the landlord?
Old 03-24-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Call the cops every half-hour until they do something about it. That's their job and I would just bug the hell out of them until they do their job.
Old 03-24-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NORML54601
Awesome.
Old 03-24-06, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Fuck you. Aside from the drooling and spasms, she's a great girl. If you got to know the two of us, you'd realize that. You'd also realize that I'm a love machine and she can't help it.

Old 03-24-06, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by The Bus

About a year and a half ago, I had a party here and I see my neighbor from two doors down walk in. I thought he was going to complain but he came with his own beer glass and asked if he could join us. (Of course I said yes).

That's kinda cool.
Old 03-24-06, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

We don't hate any of our neighbors. They may not be our buddies but they are mostly fine.

Can't believe Phil L hasn't posted more in this thread.
Old 03-24-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it's like in your lease that you're obligated to hate some of your neighbors .
Of the 7 other units in my building, I hate 1 of them with a passion (some weird family with an adult daughter living in a one bedroom apartment and this annoying barking dog that they never tell to shut up), mildly dislike 1 of them (this white trashy woman with a yipee dog who is always slamming the apartment and lobby doors), am friendly with one (guy across the hall from me), and used to date another one of them (she lives at the other end of the building, nice enough girl but she'll drop out of contact for weeks at a time and then call me up like we just talked a day ago or something. On a side note, white trashy woman was knocking on my door the first time the girl I dated in the complex was over; the white trashy woman somehow tripped her breakers and didn't know how to reset them which was annoying since I had a girl over). Anyway, It's real weird. Like some kind of weird Melrose Place only without the pool and where I'm probably the most attractive person here which is a scary thought! Can't wait to buy a house hopefully next year!

Last edited by Cardiff Giant11; 03-24-06 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-25-06, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phatboy
So I live in an apartment & noise is obviously expected but my dumb ass, inconsiderate neighbor has this habit of BLASTING his music anywhere between midnight & 4 in the GOT damn morning. And seeng as his bedroom is RIGHT next to mine, it's like his radio is next to my ear. I've banged on the wall & his door (to which he actually turned it UP...fucker)....police have been called twice....I've complained to my landlord & she said she'd talk to him. She said after a 3rd complaint...he goes & he's up to 2. Just last Friday he had his bass heavy music going at 3 in the morning until about 3:45 when it FINALLy went off. I was gonna go talk to my landlord but never got around to it & let it go after a few days cuz I don't want to look like i"m a whiny bitch when it happend almost 5 days ago.

This dude must seriioulsy smoke some good shit cuz he seems obvlivous that he's in an apartment and you have neighbors. My landlord said he's got a good job & doesn't work until the late afternoons but for some reason he's got his alarm going off at 7 in the morning & I work afternoons so I usually sleep until noon or so cuz I go to bed around 3 or 4 but I get woken up to this pricks' radio EVERY morning. AM I being TOO picky about this or is he just an ass? I know the majority of people work "normal" hours but for the love of god, are some people that frickin retarded that they don't think for a second other people may not work the same hours? Ok, done with my rant. Discuss.........
It looks like this guy likes to sleep from 4am till 2pm in the day. Suggestion. At 5:30am (He's not completely asleep yet and he's just about to be), knock on his door so fucking loud he'll think War Of The Worlds is real. And I let the motherfucker know personally you don't appreciate his indifference to other tenants. Problem should be solved rather quickly.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.