Anaheim, CA gang members charged in rape allegedly watched by mother of one

Old 03-13-06, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anaheim, CA gang members charged in rape allegedly watched by mother of one

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...a/14090621.htm

Posted on Mon, Mar. 13, 2006

Gang members charged in rape allegedly watched by mother of one

Associated Press
SANTA ANA, Calif. - Seven gang members and three female associates were charged Monday with raping a woman as the mother of one suspect allegedly watched and encouraged the assault, authorities said.

The 23-year-old victim was targeted because her boyfriend had angered members of the Anaheim gang, authorities said.

She was lured into a hotel room by a female gang associate at a Feb. 23 party then sexually assaulted over a seven-hour period, Anaheim police Chief John Welter said.

He called it "one of the worst rapes I've seen in my 35 years experience."
Authorities identified the 38-year-old "gang mother" as Connie Herrera Retana and her son as 18-year-old Martin Carlos Delgado. Police said the victim was lured into the room and beaten by 23-year-old Jolean Disbrow.

"It makes you shake your head that mothers could be participating," said Orange County Assistant District Attorney Susan Kang Schroeder. "It shows how a group mentality can breed disgusting behavior."

Four suspects were arrested in Garden Grove driving the victim's car.
The gang members told the victim the assault was to teach her boyfriend a lesson and that she would be killed if she reported the crime, Schroeder said. Authorities declined to say what the victim's boyfriend had done.

Along with Retana, Delgado and Disbrow, those arrested were identified as Jesse Bess, 23; Randy Calderon, 18; Keizzy Fierro, 22; Adrian Flores, 18; Raymond Jaramillo, 19; Luis Nava, 19; and Gilbert Ortiz, 15. One suspect, identified as 19-year-old Oscar Jose "Sporty" Barajas, remained at large.

Each defendant was charged with four counts of forcible rape in concert, false imprisonment by violence, forcible oral copulation and forcible sexual penetration by a foreign object by force, prosecutors said.

All but Fierro were charged with dissuading a witness from reporting a crime and criminal street gang activity. Fierro and two others were charged with receiving stolen property - the victim's car. Delgado was charged with one count of unlawful taking of a vehicle.

They were each being held in lieu of $100,000 bail, with arraignment expected Friday.

I saw pictures of all of these losers on CBS2 news a couple of minutes ago. It's one thing to be raped, but to be raped by a gang and for 7 hours, just makes me even more enraged!

And I can see why the 38 year old mother watched, because if you saw a picture of her you'd know that that was the closest she had been to a sex act in 18 years!

I'm sure they will post their photos within a couple of days. And then I can be petty and self righteous and post them!

Chris
Old 03-13-06, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope these people pay dearly.
Old 03-13-06, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Freakin' barbarians! I hope jail teaches them "an eye for an eye".
Old 03-13-06, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6 years each. I've learned that's all Orange County seems to think rape is worth based on recent events.
Old 03-13-06, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gangs should be prosecuted as terrorists.
Old 03-13-06, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmm, too bad impalement went out as a punishment with Vlad Tepes.
Old 03-13-06, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod
6 years each. I've learned that's all Orange County seems to think rape is worth based on recent events.
Yeah, Gregory Haidl.

Chris
Old 03-13-06, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Gangs should be prosecuted as terrorists.
I would have no problem with that.

When you think about how much more terror they have caused in the history of the United States vs. foreign terrorists, I am all for changing the laws to make being a member of an illegal gang (one that promotes violence, drugs, etc. against innocent people) punishable by boot camp prison.

Of course we would then need lots of money to build many more prisons to hold the estimated hundreds of thousands of hard core gang members.

But I think it's time that the rights of the innocent supercede the rights of the not so innocent.

Chris
Old 03-13-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think we need many more prisons, revamped rules for gang members in those prisons--the rules and regs are just insanely ridiculous, and more of a guarantee that a person convicted will do 100% of his time. These kids will do maybe 2 years probation, and probably 6 months of actual delinquent detention in a facility--if that.

We do have the money. We just need to make it a priority. Sexual crimes and violent crimes need to be enforced with the hardest hand of the law. 100% prison time. No parole. No hanging out with your gang buds. No working out. No weights. No TV. The only thing you'll have is a prison cell and food will be delivered to your cell. No lunchroom. No communications with other convicts.
Old 03-13-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Video and pictures of the scum here;
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_072201505.html
Old 03-13-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope those fuckers get it in the ass every night they're in jail then I hope they get shot in the balls and bleed to death. Fucktards.
Old 03-13-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't see how killing them all would negatively impact society in anyway.
Old 03-13-06, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime
Video and pictures of the scum here;
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_072201505.html
Thanx for the link! Now you can all see for yourselves the people that did this terrible thing.

Chris
Old 03-13-06, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Raymond Jaramillo, 19; Luis Nava, 19; and Gilbert Ortiz, 15. One suspect, identified as 19-year-old Oscar Jose "Sporty" Barajas, remained at large.
Isn't there a law or something against reporting the name of a minor involved in a crime? I'm referring to Gilbert Ortiz, the only "child" of the group. Being a minor, isn't he afforded legal rights that the others aren't?

What an awful story.
Old 03-13-06, 11:06 PM

Disgusting. In my area there's been a story in the news lately of an unconscious girl who was gang-raped at one of the rapists' birthday parties, WHILE HIS MOTHER WAS HOME. His mother was also supplying the kids (19-year-olds I think) with alcohol.

I know this isn't at all appropriate, but when they were showing the picture of Jolean Disbrow, I was thinking to myself, "she ought to refrain from plucking her eyebrows so much", and then the newswoman pronounced her name "Ditz-brow"!
Old 03-13-06, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Abranut
Isn't there a law or something against reporting the name of a minor involved in a crime? I'm referring to Gilbert Ortiz, the only "child" of the group. Being a minor, isn't he afforded legal rights that the others aren't?

What an awful story.
The reporter in the video says he's being tried as an adult, so that's probably why his name has been made public.
Old 03-14-06, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by GrimTangent
The reporter in the video says he's being tried as an adult, so that's probably why his name has been made public.
Yes and I have no problem with that.

Anyone 15 years and old, SHOULD be considered and tried as an adult.

Chris
Old 03-14-06, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cue the inevitable charge reduction, and watch for these people to be back on the street a few months after the trial.
Old 03-14-06, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If only Charles Bronson were still alive!
Old 03-14-06, 04:12 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

fuck. FUCK. 7 HOURS??? it's times like this that make it really difficult to believe in a greater good.
Old 03-14-06, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

What a bunch of deranged animals.
Old 03-14-06, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If you watch the video report, the reporter states that the penalty could be around a hundred years for some of the defendants, including the 15 year-old (89 years I believe).
Old 03-14-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
And how much is it going to cost the state to keep them all locked up for so many years? That's money that could be used for education and social programs to help keep this stuff from happening again. Just stab them to death and be done with it.
Old 03-14-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lock them away forever.
Old 03-14-06, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

. 100 years or so in jail for this "people" (more like animals) is not enough. Bring back capital punishment....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.