Cover letter help!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Cover letter help!

Old 03-12-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cover letter help!

Hi,

I started a new job in November on contract, and we got an email on Friday that our department is going to be hiring on for full-time. I doubt I'll get it as there's a couple of people with more seniority than me, and once guy who got hired at the same time as me who's been trained on more different kinds of work in our dept.

Anyways, I'm planning to apply to at least show my interest, does anybody have any recommendations for how to craft a cover letter for this type of internal posting?

Thanks!
Old 03-12-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cover letter for an internal posting should be brief, more like a memo: "Dear Mr. Milkins: I am extremely interesting in applying for the Consumer Advocate position listed as an internal posting on March 5, 2006. As you know, I have been working with the Internal Audit group on contract since November of 2005; what I lack in seniority, I more than compensate with energy, enthusiasm and dedication. I lead our team in review audits and commendations in January after just two months on the job, and I have the full support of my section head, John Franklin, in applying for this position.

I strongly believe in the future of this company, and I would like to participate in that future. I have attached a resume, and am available to discuss this position at your convenience. Thank you."
Old 03-22-06, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Update - got the job!

Thanks, Mojo.
Old 03-22-06, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whaaat
Update - got the job!

Thanks, Mojo.
You're welcome. Just remember -- I AM YOUR ONLY FRIEND.
Old 03-22-06, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NCMojo
You're welcome. Just remember -- I AM YOUR ONLY FRIEND.
It certainly looks that way!