Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Help with drinks of an alcoholic nature

Old 02-07-06, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Help with drinks of an alcoholic nature

So my friends were in Philly, PA last week and they found this beer called Yuengling Lager. They say it is the best beer that they have ever had. Unfortunately the brewery doesn't ship it, and no where here in CA carries it. So, my Otter community I turn to you in my time of need... and what I need is a 12 pack of Yuengling Lager shipped to me in time for my friend's birthday which is in the first week of March. I will gladly paypal someone the money to cover the cost of the beer, the cost of packaging and shipping, and a few bucks thrown in as "thanks buddy!". So, if you can get Yuengling Lager where you live and are willing to send me some I would greatly appreciate it. Just get in contact with me via my email: [email protected] if you can help me out. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I hereby certify that I am over 21 years of age (29 in fact) and that it is completely legal for me to purchase and consume beverages of an alocoholic nature.
Old 02-07-06, 06:01 AM

Yuengling Lager is indeed the best lager I've ever had.
I live in Connecticut and travel for business to PA. about four times a year. The first time I tried it on tap, I was in heaven. Their regular beer is about the same flavor as a Budweiser but the lager is incredible. They also make a beautiful Porter and a Black & Tan (my favorite).
Now every time I go to PA. I have to pick up cases for my friends.
The last time I went, I picked up 15 cases!!.
They do distribute to New Jersey and I believe they have a brewery somewhere in florida (Tampa??), but they don't distribute to anywhere else.
I'm going to PA the week of the 20th. I will be picking up quite a few cases as I'm now taking orders (as well as Steelers memorabilia).
I have no problem shipping you a twelve pack, but I have no idea how I would ship it, and I couldn't guarantee the bottles wouldn't break.
Also, you should keep in mind that bottles and cans can and do explode due to the air pressure on a plane.
Old 02-07-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ah yes, the Yuengling addiction. Every time I hit the east coast I always try to bring some back. Good luck.
Old 02-07-06, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yuengling is great... for the price. I would take it hands down over any other lager and I generally don't drink any big brewer beers except for Coors Light when I want water with alcohol.

I'd have no problem shipping you some if you do me a favor and do the legwork as far as what kind of packaging you would like for it, etc. Also, keep in mind you probably want bottles, not cans.