Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Pesci is really living the role of a goodfella.

Old 02-06-06, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pesci is really living the role of a goodfella.

Boca Raton Authorities May Charge Pesci 2 hours, 16 minutes ago

BOCA RATON, Fla. - Police have confirmed that Oscar-winning actor Joe Pesci is being investigated after a fan said the star punched him in the mouth because he snapped a photo of him in a shopping center parking lot.

The "Goodfellas" star gave his account of the Jan. 22 incident last week at a Boca Raton home where he was staying, police spokesman Sgt. Jeff Kelly said. Garry Serino, who was with Pesci at the time, also gave police a statement.

Kelly did not provide details because of the investigation.

"There are two sides to every story," Kelly said.

Police were preparing to send the investigation results to the Palm Beach County prosecutors to determine whether Pesci should be charged with misdemeanor battery for allegedly punching Juan Carlos Montenegro, 24.

Montenegro, a Broward Community College student, told police that after encountering Pesci, 62, he shook the actor's hand and told him he was a big fan. He then purchased a camera, walked toward Pesci and asked for a picture, but the actor refused, he said.

Montenegro kept asking to take a picture, and when Pesci turned, Montenegro took the photograph. Pesci then punched him with his right fist, the report said.

"Kidding? How am I meant to know you're kidding? You're breaking my fucking balls."

If Pesci is charged, he would be issued a court summons, and would not be booked into the county jail, said Mike Edmondson, state attorney's office spokesman.

Pesci's attorney, Jay Julien, did not return a call for comment.
Old 02-06-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It sounds like the idiot deserved to be punched in the face. If this guy was really a big fan, he would have known that you don't keep fucking with Pesci. He'll come back, smash your face and bury you.
Old 02-06-06, 05:14 PM
X
Administrator

I've heard in real life Pesci is very much like the goodfella-type roles he plays.
Old 02-06-06, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Funny how?
Old 02-06-06, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo
BOCA RATON, Fla. - Police have confirmed that Oscar-winning actor Joe Pesci is being investigated after a fan said the star punched him in the mouth because he had a cell phone jammer.
Ok, which one of yous is Pesci!?
Old 02-06-06, 05:45 PM
Suspended

Being punched by Joe Pesci would be like having a fly land on your face.
Old 02-06-06, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You took your boots off? You put your feet on the table? You shit-kicking, stinky, horse-manure-smellin' motherfucker you. You fuck me up over there, I'll stick you in the fuckin' desert. You understand?
[Slaps Cowboy]
Old 02-06-06, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Funny how?
Funny "ha ha"
Old 02-06-06, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by FinkPish
It sounds like the idiot deserved to be punched in the face. If this guy was really a big fan, he would have known that you don't keep fucking with Pesci. He'll come back, smash your face and bury you.
But not before he gets his shinebox.
Old 02-06-06, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And to think, all I could imagine was nice guy Leo Getz.

Seriously, the fan deserved it because he took the picture after Pesci refused. Joe could have been a little nicer, it's just a picture. But still, he says no, that means no.
Old 02-06-06, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
But not before he gets his shinebox.
Damn right!

Old 02-06-06, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
And to think, all I could imagine was nice guy Leo Getz.

Seriously, the fan deserved it because he took the picture after Pesci refused. Joe could have been a little nicer, it's just a picture. But still, he says no, that means no.
Doesn't call for physical attack. Pesci is a psycho midget.
Old 02-07-06, 12:00 AM

you guys are nuts. if someone took my pic while i was walking down the street, after i told them not to, it doesn't mean I can go over and start punching people... luckily i have thick kneecaps so i'm at least safe from pesci.
Old 02-07-06, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A bit over the top, but he did refuse multiple times. According to the story, anyways. I think that just getting in the car and leaving would have been wiser.
Old 02-07-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have two words for the kid: "Billy Bats."
Old 02-07-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by devilshalo
If Pesci is charged, he would be issued a court summons, and would not be booked into the county jail, said Mike Edmondson, state attorney's office spokesman.
The Smoking Gun ain't gonna be happy about this.
Old 02-07-06, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It seems Pesci was actually showing admirable restraint. He could have went in that same store, bought a bat and broke his knee caps. Then as he walked away said "Take a picture of that you fucking fuck".
Old 02-07-06, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And just about the time that I'm coming out of jail, hopefully you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your fucking head open again. Because I'm stupid. I don't give a fuck about jail. That's my business, that's what I do.
Old 02-07-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by X
I've heard in real life Pesci is very much like the goodfella-type roles he plays.
You should start a thread about that.
Old 02-23-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Found this on Fark this morning: Pesci won't be prosecuted for punching the fan.

http://www.local6.com/news/7346457/detail.html
Old 02-23-06, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
are you serious?
Old 02-23-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pesci Won't Be Charged for Alleged Punch

BOCA RATON, Fla. - Oscar-winning actor Joe Pesci will not be charged for allegedly punching a fan who photographed him in a shopping center parking lot, officials said Wednesday.

The Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office will not file charges against the "Goodfellas" star because there was no likelihood of conviction, said to Assistant State Attorney Jill Estey Richstone.

"The investigating officer was unable to determine who the primary aggressor was and there are no independent witnesses to the incident," Richstone wrote in response to a Boca Raton police warrant request.

Broward Community College student Juan Carlos Montenegro, 24, told police that Pesci punched him on Jan. 22 during an exchange at a Boca Raton shopping center. Montenegro told police that after encountering Pesci he shook the actor's hand and told him he was a big fan. He then purchased a camera, walked toward Pesci and asked for a picture, but the actor refused, the police report said.

Montenegro kept asking to take a photograph, and when Pesci turned around, Montenegro took the photograph. Pesci then punched him with his right fist, the police report said.

When Montenegro reported the incident police said his lip was red and slightly swollen, the report said.

An after-hours call to the office of Pesci's attorney, Jay Julien, was not immediately returned.