Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Gotta love it..

Old 02-05-06, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Gotta love it..

Old 02-05-06, 06:35 AM

Sat down at the table with $15 and change, by the way.
Old 02-05-06, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been playing too much Omaha. It took me a while to figure out what you were excited about.
Old 02-07-06, 06:52 PM

I was playing at a $25 NL table. The guy to my right had been pushing all of his chips into the middle in practically every hand with a decent pot. Even in chat, a couple of guys were like, "now I wish I would've called you when you did that early on." I think he felt that an all-in bet made him invincible against any hand other than the nuts.

So, we were in a hand. He limped in preflop, I raised, the table folded and he called. The guy led out in every hand where he had something. This time, he was acting weak throughout. We both checked the flop, he check/called my bluff on the turn, and he check/raised all-in when I bluffed on the river. He could've had a very strong hand, but if so, he had done a complete 180 in regard to how he'd been playing. (You can see in the screen captures below that I had notes on him). So...

A loose call, yeah...but I was certain enough that I had the best hand to make it worthwhile. Just one of those gut feelings based on the observations I'd made at the table with him. Turns out I was right...and it felt so good to finally catch this guy, and even better to do so with only ace high.

-JP
Old 02-08-06, 10:46 PM

That bet got called...then on the very next hand, I had 99 and the flop came A9x, and I got paid off for another $100 or so. Nice little two card run.

-JP
Old 02-13-06, 03:05 PM

Ahhhahaha. I just won a $36 pot with AQ high. $25 NL table, an aggressive player makes it $1 preflop, a guy calls, I make it $2.75, a few calls. So we go to the flop four handed. 56J rainbow. Check, check, check, the guy on the button make an odd $4.94 bet (he has $13.84 total). I felt like he was stabbing at it, so after the two players, including the initial raiser, fold...I push him and make it $13 straight. He calls. Turn comes an 8. I check hoping he'll go all-in for that last $0.84, I can smooth call and since he was the last aggressor I can muck my bluff after the hand. He checks. River, another 8...check, check, and I take down the pot. All I can put him on is 34 for an open-ended draw, in which case he shouldn't have been in the hand in the first goddamned place. That made me laugh though. Best bluff ever.

-JP
Old 02-13-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What site is this at? There's no way for people to check the hand history and see the mucked cards at showdown?

Edit: Well never mind on the name since it's on the table, but you can't check mucked cards there?

Last edited by WallyOPD; 02-13-06 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-13-06, 03:39 PM

Not that I know of. I'm sure anybody with pokertracker could, but I was more concerned with them being shown at that point in time at the table, since after losing that pot and having a bluff shown, I couldn't even be aggressive with mediocre hands for another good while.

-JP