Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Noble Poker Sit'n'Go progressive jackpot.

Old 02-04-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Noble Poker Sit'n'Go progressive jackpot.

A friend of mine just IM'd me and said that he heard from a friend that on Noble Poker, if you finish first or second in five Maui 10-person, $5 + $0.75 sit'n'go tourneys in a row, you get a bonus of $200. If you finish first in five in a row, you get a $15,000 bonus (if the jackpot isn't hit within four weeks of the last winner, it grows by $3,500 a week). On top of that are the regular winnings from the tournaments.

There's also a $25,000 bonus for anybody who wins six Rio $20 + $3 sit'n'go tourneys ($300 to anybody who comes in first or second in six straight).

I went to their site and checked the promotions page, and sure enough, there it was. All of this is on top of the 50% up to $100 initial buy-in bonus (for those, like myself, who haven't yet played there).

Does anybody know anything about Noble Poker and their reliability with promotions? This sounds like it might be worth a shot. I'm inclined to play $5 tourneys anyway...so I may as well be shooting for a jackpot while doing so.

-JP
Old 02-04-06, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So 10 guys get together and pay 287.5 in entry fees and let one guy win every time so he wins $15,000?
Old 02-04-06, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by asabase
So 10 guys get together and pay 287.5 in entry fees and let one guy win every time so he wins $15,000?
No, here are a few points in the official rules for the tournaments:

4. The Jackpot bonus will be paid only after the consecutive winning games have been checked for any signs of collusive play.

5. 5 Consecutive Sit ‘N' Go tournaments with the same 10 players will not be eligible for this promotion.

6. Players from the same IP address, or from the same household, are not eligible to enter the same Sit ‘N' Go tournament for purposes of this promotion.

8. A player found trying to enter with more than one account into a Sit ‘N' Go tournament will not be eligible for this promotion.

10. Any player found colluding during the course of a Sit ‘N' Go tournament in order to win the Jackpot bonus will be disqualified and his account will be frozen.

11. Any player found to be “soft playing” in order to allow another player to win during the course of a Sit ‘N' Go tournament will have his account frozen.

-JP
Old 02-05-06, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
6. Players from the same IP address, or from the same household, are not eligible to enter the same Sit ‘N' Go tournament for purposes of this promotion.
Most sites prevent this at all times, don't they?
Old 02-06-06, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd rather play on Titan. Same everything, but you can also get a promo out of it via PSO. I play the Maui's once in a while.
Old 02-19-06, 05:11 PM

I played these early in January.

Won my first one, then placed 5th in the next one on a horrendous beat. Then, placed 2nd in my next four.

Went into the next one needing a Top 2 to get the $200 bonus, and was in great shape with 4 remaining when I'm dealt AA. Guy infront of me goes all-in. I of course go all-in to isolate him, but guy after me also calls to go all-in.

I'm up against: KK and AQ

Flop: AKJ
River: 10

I go out in 3rd place next hand and miss that bonus literally by one card because of Ace-freakin-Queen (OS) calling two all-in bets infront of him.

Haven't been back there since .

Last edited by indianajdp; 02-19-06 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-19-06, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you were doing good there, why would you not go back?
Old 02-20-06, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm thinking that if I had 4 in a row, I'd sure rustle up some friends to play #5 with me and work out some sort of conference call. You could do it in such a way as to not arouse undue suspicion on collusion. Heck, just have one of them behind you "disconnect" and you'd have a nice little income of chips with virtually no accountability.

Then when the deed is done, share the wealth!
Old 02-20-06, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by actyper
If you were doing good there, why would you not go back?
No good reason, although at first I was really pissed off because that hand just looked way too convenient. I had been using a free $10 they gave me and just have not deposited back there since. Now that I've built up a bit of a bank roll I probably will make my way back there soon.
Old 02-22-06, 08:58 PM

Well, I will be going back after all.

Got an e-mail from Noble on Monday saying they had credited my account with $20. So...I have played .25/.50 NL the last couple nights and have built that up to $106, so I'll start playing the jackpot SnGs again starting tomorrow night.