Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Who are freaks to you?

Old 01-30-06, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Who are freaks to you?

People that shoot dogs?

Anyway, this isn't meant to be directed at anyone, so if you fit into one of these categories, you are the exception.

These are things people do that you just can't understand. For me, people with many facial piercings....I just don't get it. Let's be honest, this puts you as the grand marshal in the freak parade

Tattos on your face. There are some that can be tiny, I suppose. Perhaps there are some that aren't terrible. But....these types of things belong in the freak parade.

People that get big huge earring plugs that stretch their earlobes, yet they are white dudes....come join my freak parade.

Even if you only have one face piercing, if it is a labret, to me it looks like you have given yourself a place to be hung by when you are in the coat closet. This is actually getting pretty common, I believe. Perhaps if you wind it up, her mouth opens up to reveal a ballerina that spins to the music.

Okay, there is my freak parade, what is it that you just don't understand the reasoning behind? I ask because I want to grow as a person. I try not to be judgemental, but I believe there is something that will make anyone instantly think "FREAK!" in their minds. What is yours?
Old 01-30-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
People who take mirror pictures. Cameras have timers on them now for gods sakes. Anyone who is dumb enough not to know how to use it shouldn't take pictures of themselves.
Old 01-30-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

my first college roommate had the chin piercing. Freaked me out, especially because he was a really weird guy and I'm convinced he wasn't mentally stable either.
What about that lizard guy, he's a bit of a freak I'd say.
Old 01-30-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The people who hang themselves in mid-air from hooks that are hanging out of their flesh. Forget what that is called. Oh and the Christian right.
Old 01-30-06, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
my first college roommate had the chin piercing. Freaked me out, especially because he was a really weird guy and I'm convinced he wasn't mentally stable either.
What about that lizard guy, he's a bit of a freak I'd say.
Good point. I don't mind tatoos on people for the most part. However, when you take on an identity because of it, you are in the freak parade.

Heck, if tatoos take up a double digit percentage of the surface of your body, you at least get a front row ticket.

This guy has it all except the labret. But he adds two things I forgot. If you add implants under your skin to look less normal, get in line....and if you split your tongue, or any other body mutilation, you are in here. If you ever refer to this as "art" we'll at least get you a ticket to the parade.

Old 01-30-06, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
Oh and the Christian right.
I knew I would qualify on someone's list.
Old 01-30-06, 04:26 PM

Long-haired freaky people
Old 01-30-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Groucho
Long-haired freaky people
They need not apply.
Old 01-30-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When I see people like the lizard guy I can only wonder what he's thinking when he's like 70. Walking around with this cane and old hat people laughing at him and him thinking. "What the fuck was I thinking?"
Old 01-30-06, 04:31 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I'd like to get my "freak" on with that labret chick.
Old 01-30-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tramp Stamps, those tattoos girls get on their lower back pointing toward their ass, so their stupid boyfriends know where they like it.
Old 01-30-06, 04:38 PM
Banned

The red people:

Old 01-30-06, 04:41 PM

On the top of my list is this guy that I met that who purposely scarred himself to look like he was attacked by a raptor. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Is he going to go to a bar and say to some girl, "Hey baby, want to see the scars from when I pretended to get clawed by raptor?"

Oh, and then there is this guy who cut his penis in half with a vise, then stitched it back together himself..when he regained consciousness, of course.
Why personally not at all interesting in seeing this, several others have had visual confirmation of this.

I won't even guess at why someone would do that.
Old 01-30-06, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime
Tramp Stamps, those tattoos girls get on their lower back pointing toward their ass, so their stupid boyfriends know where they like it.
Some of us are stupid husbands now.....
Old 01-30-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mr. Self Destruct
Oh, and then there is this guy who cut his penis in half with a vise, then stitched it back together himself..when he regained consciousness, of course.
Why personally not at all interesting in seeing this, several others have had visual confirmation of this.

I won't even guess at why someone would do that.
That's an odd statement to say, considering your name.
Old 01-30-06, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some of us are stupid husbands now.....
I thought all husbands were stupid.
Old 01-30-06, 05:00 PM

The people who hang themselves in mid-air from hooks that are hanging out of their flesh. Forget what that is called. Oh and the Christian right.
I'm the first (they're called flesh suspensions). And I agree with the 2nd.

Oddly enough I know some people that fit in both those catagories, I guess they are "superfreaky"?
Old 01-30-06, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You hang yourself from hooks, monkey?

Why?
Old 01-30-06, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by El Scorcho
You hang yourself from hooks, monkey?

Why?
Well, I seen some pictures of some done, and thought it was amazing how skin could hold somebody up like that. I decided I wanted to try it, partially for the experience of it, and just to see if I could do it, and have such control over my body.

It's an amazing feeling being up there, suspended. I felt calm, peaceful. It also kind of gives me more control over my life, I figure if I can do something like that, if I can handle that pain, then I should handle almost anything.

I've suspended 4 times total. It just makes me feel free and more in control of my life.

It's not for shock value, its not to piss off my parents(they don't even know, and I don't want them to.) It makes me feel like a stronger person.

I do suppose drugs are cheaper though. :-)
Old 01-30-06, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Was thinking about this guy (or at least people who do similar things).

As for facial tattoos, some of them are culturally significant (New Zealand Maoris for example). In that case, it's more just 'different' than freakish.

Can't find it now, but there used to be a site that had a couple of brothers who traded body bits between the two. I think one had removed one of his fingers so that it could be grafted onto the other brother or similar.

I think it was an April Fool's joke and it was shown to be 'theoretically possible', but it was still pretty bizarre none-the-less.
Old 01-30-06, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by naughty jonny
Can't find it now, but there used to be a site that had a couple of brothers who traded body bits between the two. I think one had removed one of his fingers so that it could be grafted onto the other brother or similar.

I think it was an April Fool's joke and it was shown to be 'theoretically possible', but it was still pretty bizarre none-the-less.
http://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/addsub/
Old 01-30-06, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands
Old 01-30-06, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Guys that paint their faces and/or bodies for sporting events.

Guys that wear baseball hats everywhere, including the dinner table.

And furries...definitely furries.
Old 01-30-06, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Guys that paint their faces and/or bodies for sporting events.
Especially the ones who continue to do so in 10 degree weather.
Old 01-30-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Another for the christian right. What goes on in their households is far worse than any tattoo or piercing.

Last edited by Michael Ballack; 01-30-06 at 06:13 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.