Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Men - arent you glad you never have to give birth ?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 01-30-06, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Random thought-

thank freaking god i never have to give birth. Men, can you even dare to imagine the pain?

Can you imagine having a growing baby like , mutating and growing and kicking inside of you and then finally pushing its way out of your body through an opening the size of your eyeball. I have heard the pain could be likened to shitting a burning basketball that has razor blades sticking out of it.

Discuss.
Old 01-30-06, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by skiblet
Can you imagine having a growing baby like , mutating and growing and kicking inside of you and then finally pushing its way out of your body through an opening the size of your eyeball. I have heard the pain could be likened to shitting a burning basketball that has razor blades sticking out of it.
I believe you are confusing chld birth with the Alien movie series.
Old 01-30-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After reading the kidney stone thread I'm not sure which is the better tradeoff.
Old 01-30-06, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm a woman and I am thankfull that I don't have to give birth. But I get your point.
Old 01-30-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kidney stones are nature's way of evening things up. Women have menstrual cramps, and labor pains, and men get kidney stones. I still think we owe you some pain, but it's a start.
Old 01-30-06, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
Kidney stones are nature's way of evening things up. Women have menstrual cramps, and labor pains, and men get kidney stones. I still think we owe you some pain, but it's a start.

You think its even? ... i think we got off pretty easy!! oh and we get to pee standing up, wooo.
Old 01-30-06, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Who says men cannot get pregnant?
Old 01-30-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My boys didn't come out that way but yeah, having your gut sliced open while you're awake then having a scar from hip to hip and then having to care for your newborn while you recover isn't much fun either....
Old 01-30-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer
My boys didn't come out that way but yeah, having your gut sliced open while you're awake then having a scar from hip to hip and then having to care for your newborn while you recover isn't much fun either....

whisky tango foxtrot -

the scar goes horizontally?
Old 01-30-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

whisky tango foxtrot -

She is referring to a C section.

My wife had an epideral so she felt no pain at all during the delivery. She still had the pains of preliminary labor and the recovery afterwards, but the actual delivery was pain free. Now that doesn't exactly mean it was a pleasant experience, but much more bearable. I feel for any woman that gives birth without anesthesia. Wow.
Old 01-30-06, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Then there's the whole "can be drafted" and "shorter life span" thing. Good sides and bad sides to being men or women.
Old 01-30-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Women are such wusses. "Oooh, it hurts, the pain," yadda yadda. Whatever. If men gave birth, it'd be like those WW II movies where somebody digs a bullet out of a guy's leg with nothing but a rusty bayonette and a shot of whiskey.

Sure, we might wince a little... but none of this mamby-pamby screaming, "oh, it hurts, it hurts" kind of nonsense.

Old 01-30-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

no, I'm not glad I never have to give birth. and quite frankly, I resent the accusation.
Old 01-30-06, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure if that or being able to pee standing up ranks higher on my "Cooler than women" list.
Old 01-30-06, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk God

whisky tango foxtrot -

It's "scar" and obviously she is oriental.
Old 01-30-06, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by taa455
She is referring to a C section.

My wife had an epideral so she felt no pain at all during the delivery. She still had the pains of preliminary labor and the recovery afterwards, but the actual delivery was pain free. Now that doesn't exactly mean it was a pleasant experience, but much more bearable. I feel for any woman that gives birth without anesthesia. Wow.
I know that! but i thought the incision is made vertically ? ??

Am i stupid?
Old 01-30-06, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Am i stupid?
Obviously, the incision is made in the shape of a "C"
Old 01-30-06, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
Kidney stones are nature's way of evening things up.
Women get kidney stones too.
Old 01-30-06, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Am i stupid?

1. My c-section scar goes from hip to hip, right above my pubic line. This is how most of them are done.

2. Yes. Yes you are stupid.
Old 01-30-06, 11:24 AM

I always used to fear the actual baby coming out part, until I got pregnant and learned that usually it is the labor pains that is much more difficult than the actual delivery.

I had natural (unmedicated) labor and it was not that bad until the very end (the transition phase). I was actually in back labor, which is the worst kind. My baby was posterior and we could not get him to turn naturally so I ended up having a C-section.
So I never got to experience a natural delivery.

I am glad that I got to experience labor naturally. But I feel gypped, I did all that work and did not get to reach the finish line. It would be like running a marathon and breaking your leg at the 25th mile.

C-sections suck.
Old 01-30-06, 11:30 AM

Am i stupid?
They used to long ago be made vertically (known as a classic incision) but that increases your risk of uterine rupture in subsequent deliveries.

Now they usually do them all horizontally.

My baby was C-sectioned after a full labor and 4 hours of pushing, and he was wedged low in my pelvis, so they had to do a T-shaped incision to get him out.

Because of the way I was cut, I will never be able to do a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesearean) which really sucks. So any subsequent children will have to be delivered by C-section.

I suffered horrible complications from my C-section so this makes me question having more kids.
Old 01-30-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Am i stupid?
The incision for a Cesarean used to be made vertically; however, it took a lot longer to heal and left a lot more scarring. Plus, once you had one baby with a vertical incision, you had to have all your subsequent babies C-section too. Horizontal incisions became the norm in the late 70s.

EDITED TO ADD that Jadzia beat me to the punch here. LOL

Last edited by Vibiana; 01-30-06 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-30-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer
my pubic line.
Old 01-30-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I always used to fear the actual baby coming out part, until I got pregnant and learned that usually it is the labor pains that is much more difficult than the actual delivery.

I had natural (unmedicated) labor and it was not that bad until the very end (the transition phase). I was actually in back labor, which is the worst kind. My baby was posterior and we could not get him to turn naturally so I ended up having a C-section.
So I never got to experience a natural delivery.

I am glad that I got to experience labor naturally. But I feel gypped, I did all that work and did not get to reach the finish line. It would be like running a marathon and breaking your leg at the 25th mile.

C-sections suck.
I was in labor for 26 hours with my first born. 4 of those hours where pushing. His head was partially out but his shoulders were stuck so they pushed him back in and took him by c-section. It was awful beyond words and the worst pain I've ever had in my life.

My second baby was born 3 weeks early - I went into labor the night of a full moon. The hospital was on divert from so many moms in labor. I was their last patient before they started sending women to a different hospital. I went in at 4 in the morning, my labor had started at 3 that morning. Anyway, I labored for several hours before my surgery and it wasn't too bad at all.
Old 01-30-06, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
They used to long ago be made vertically (known as a classic incision) but that increases your risk of uterine rupture in subsequent deliveries.

Now they usually do them all horizontally.

My baby was C-sectioned after a full labor and 4 hours of pushing, and he was wedged low in my pelvis, so they had to do a T-shaped incision to get him out.

Because of the way I was cut, I will never be able to do a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesearean) which really sucks. So any subsequent children will have to be delivered by C-section.

I suffered horrible complications from my C-section so this makes me question having more kids.
OMG! I had the exact same thing happen!!!! You should email me, we'll talk more about it. I can tell you all about some of the horrible things that happened afterwards and stuff. [email protected]

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.