Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Are Black people Generally Friendlier than White people

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Are Black people Generally Friendlier than White people

Old 01-27-06, 02:07 PM
  #1  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 251
Are Black people Generally Friendlier than White people

I don't mean to sound Racist or anything here but do you generally find that Black people are more Friendlier than White people. Wherever I am out a Black person will say "Hey, How you doin? or "Hey, How's it goin" and talk with me but a White person will just ignore me most of the time. Btw I'm White.

Last edited by feral125; 01-27-06 at 02:12 PM.
feral125 is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:12 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,851
I find taller people to be better critics of music because this one guy I know likes bands I like and he's pretty tall.
The Bus is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:13 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
AGuyNamedMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Posts: 15,218
I dunno, I live in the South and everyone says hi down here.
AGuyNamedMike is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:15 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Phoenix AZ - West Side
Posts: 2,262
Yes. Yes they are.
BassDude is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:16 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Region 1
Posts: 16,291
I'm in NYC, so everyone is an asshole.
zuffy is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:16 PM
  #6  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 32,992
Originally Posted by BassDude
Yes. Yes they are.
That was a very pleasant reply. Are you black?
Bandoman is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:21 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Posts: 10,909
Yes, I find Soundview, Brownsville, Compton, and Detroit to be some of the frendliest places on earth.
Tommy Ceez is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:23 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Under Golden Gate Bridge
Posts: 10,912
In my experience, blacks are more likely to say "God bless you." I'm not black but I'm "of color."
big whoppa is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:25 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: My Car
Posts: 6,752
absolutely not
Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:25 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DeputyDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,081
Originally Posted by feral125
I don't mean to sound Racist or anything here but do you generally find that Black people are more Friendlier than White people. Wherever I am out a Black person will say "Hey, How you doin? or "Hey, How's it goin" and talk with me but a White person will just ignore me most of the time. Btw I'm White.
No you are not being racist, in fact you are not being racist enough. They are only "being friendly" and talking to you in order to distract you while their buddy steals your wallet.
DeputyDave is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:26 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Phoenix AZ - West Side
Posts: 2,262
Originally Posted by Bandoman
That was a very pleasant reply. Are you black?
Thems that talk, don't know. And thems that know...don't tell. (/Da Mayor)








(yes)
BassDude is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:26 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,851
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Yes, I find Soundview, Brownsville, Compton, and Detroit to be some of the frendliest places on earth.
You took the subject of the original poster (Blacks) and then circumvented it by mentioning environments and areas where there is both high crime and a high percentage of Blacks. In that way, you've actually made them seem less friendly completely negating the original poster's hypothesis! Bravo to you sir, for saying what no one else was brave enoug hot say and wrapping it up in a such a juicy little bon mot.
The Bus is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:27 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
Originally Posted by AGuyNamedMike
I dunno, I live in the South and everyone says hi down here.
what he said
Venusian is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:29 PM
  #14  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 251
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
No you are not being racist, in fact you are not being racist enough. They are only "being friendly" and talking to you in order to distract you while their buddy steals your wallet.
Now, that sounds Racist! I have never had my wallet stolen yet.
feral125 is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:30 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Phoenix AZ - West Side
Posts: 2,262
(BassDude sneaks up behind feral)
BassDude is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:30 PM
  #16  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Democratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 22,995
My conclusion.

1. Young educated and working blacks (20-35) will give you the nod like what's up man when you walk by them.
2. Hoodlum blacks will probably say "fuck you looking at". My response is "what the fuck you want" and we both part ways.
3. Older blacks will probably give you a hard stare and walks away.
Myster X is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:31 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 14,338
[QUOTE=feral125]I don't mean to sound Racist or anything here but do you generally find that Black people are more Friendlier than White people. [QUOTE]

No but I do find that newer members are more smarter than the rest of us.
cdollaz is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:35 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lyon Estates
Posts: 10,795
Originally Posted by Myster X
My conclusion.

1. Young educated and working blacks (20-35) will give you the nod like what's up man when you walk by them.
2. Hoodlum blacks will probably say "fuck you looking at". My response is "what the fuck you want" and we both part ways.
3. Older blacks will probably give you a hard stare and walks away.

I'd be embarassed/ashamed if I posted that. You need to get out more.
dick_grayson is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:40 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Looking for my pants...
Posts: 2,029
Originally Posted by big whoppa
In my experience, blacks are more likely to say "God bless you." I'm not black but I'm "of color."
Ooh what "color" are you?

La Bella Rose is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:42 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DeputyDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,081
Originally Posted by feral125
Now, that sounds Racist! I have never had my wallet stolen yet.
Well, you're white and that obviously makes you too unfriendly to fall for their scam.
DeputyDave is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:44 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Posts: 10,909
Originally Posted by The Bus
You took the subject of the original poster (Blacks) and then circumvented it by mentioning environments and areas where there is both high crime and a high percentage of Blacks. In that way, you've actually made them seem less friendly completely negating the original poster's hypothesis! Bravo to you sir, for saying what no one else was brave enoug hot say and wrapping it up in a such a juicy little bon mot.

That post sounded 'fake' friendly...you must not be black
Tommy Ceez is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:46 PM
  #22  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 8,668
It's all socio-geographics.
story is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:50 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Under Golden Gate Bridge
Posts: 10,912
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
No you are not being racist, in fact you are not being racist enough. They are only "being friendly" and talking to you in order to distract you while their buddy steals your wallet.
big whoppa is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:50 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Janitor's closet in Kinnick Stadium
Posts: 15,726
Originally Posted by The Bus
You took the subject of the original poster (Blacks) and then circumvented it by mentioning environments and areas where there is both high crime and a high percentage of Blacks. In that way, you've actually made them seem less friendly completely negating the original poster's hypothesis! Bravo to you sir, for saying what no one else was brave enoug hot say and wrapping it up in a such a juicy little bon mot.

Gold Jerry! That's gold!!
Mopower is offline  
Old 01-27-06, 02:51 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 522
This thread is stupid.

Do unto others comes to mind. I don't remember a skin color being part of the quote.
aerobson is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.