Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

How is Howard Stern doing on Sirius?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

How is Howard Stern doing on Sirius?

Old 01-13-06, 06:17 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are articles written with tilde's instead of periods taken seriously?
Old 01-13-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by tommy28

i guess you missed the part where they were booing all night during the game everytime XM was mentioned.
According to sbs

So what your saying, is that according to Stern's 8 rating in NY, that of the 18,000 people in attendance, the 1440 who were Stern listeners, not rabid fans, but listeners, pressured everyone else into booing?

Lordy, lordy, lordy

Deftones, you love arguing hard facts...you take it from here.

BTW, the post on SBS says the guy was watching it on TV...how exactly does a TV viewer hear XM 'mentioned' and booed during a game? Does Sam Rosen or Sal Redlight Messina scream LETS HEAR IT FOR XM out of the broadcast booth?

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 01-13-06 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-13-06, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
According to sbs

So what your saying, is that according to Stern's 8 rating in NY, that of the 18,000 people in attendance, the 1440 who were Stern listeners, not rabid fans, but listeners, pressured everyone else into booing?

Lordy, lordy, lordy

Deftones, you love arguing hard facts...you take it from here.

BTW, the post on SBS says the guy was watching it on TV...how exactly does a TV viewer hear XM 'mentioned' and booed during a game? Does Sam Rosen or Sal Redlight Messina scream LETS HEAR IT FOR XM out of the broadcast booth?
I didn't hear it and neither did you. I'm not saying it did happen or didn't happen. But to equate market share out of what people are doing in an arena is either pretty funny or pretty sad. I'm not sure which.
Old 01-13-06, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Deftones
I didn't hear it and neither did you. I'm not saying it did happen or didn't happen. But to equate market share out of what people are doing in an arena is either pretty funny or pretty sad. I'm not sure which.
Wait, are you arguing with the theory of random sampeling and statistics?

If Stern's rating was 8, then it translates that appx. 8% of the people in the arena were listeners...so to say that MOST of the people there were booing Hugh Pinero because they love stern is either funny or sad on your part.
Old 01-13-06, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Wait, are you arguing with the theory of random sampeling and statistics?

If Stern's rating was 8, then it translates that appx. 8% of the people in the arena were listeners...so to say that MOST of the people there were booing Hugh Pinero because they love stern is either funny or sad on your part.
Keep going dude, this is priceless.
Old 01-13-06, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Keep going dude, this is priceless.
Yes, statistics and math are CRAZY!!!

However, your wild assumptions with no supporting evidence are very level-headed and grounded
Old 01-13-06, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Do some research on mob mentality and crowd dynamics and come back and post an informed statment. kthxbye
Old 01-13-06, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, a guy who spits out jibberish and ignores cold hard facts now wants someone to write a research paper? Why bother? You wouldn't read that anyway, too many facts in there.
Old 01-13-06, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do some research on mob mentality and crowd dynamics and come back and post an informed statment. kthxbye
Im stunned...I honestly cannot believe how far you will go to prove a non point.

So your theory is this...if I may...

You believe that in an area where Howard Stern has 8% of the people listening to him, that MOST of the crowd was Howard Stern fans. And that the people that booed a non Ranger during a ceromony for a beloved Ranger retiring, booed an XM exec because they love howard and therefore hate XM.

The other half, was following along because of a mob mentality...in a venue where they were not actually a mob, but people honoring a hero. Now, you have no proof they even booed...but you know WHY they booed.

I say, that according to statistics, probably no more than 10% could have been Howard listeners, and of that 10%, even less would be rabid enough to boo a fucking CEO...in actuality, I believe that IF THEY DID BOO, its because sports crowds ALWAYS boo corporate sponsors annoying fans during ceremonies.

Umm....YEAH, I do believe that I should do some sociology research before embarassing myself in the above argument
Old 01-13-06, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Steam
Wow, a guy who spits out jibberish and ignores cold hard facts now wants someone to write a research paper? Why bother? You wouldn't read that anyway, too many facts in there.
Awesome. The other village idiot has arrived.

Equating a market share with what people are chanting at a hockey game is sound theory, really. No it is. It's done all the time.

For two guys who are so obviously XM fanboys, this is a whole new stratosphere in terms if sheer stupidity.

Again, I ask. If you are going to make a statement, make sure you have knowledge and the inkling of an education that might be able to back it up.
Old 01-13-06, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Equating a market share with what people are chanting at a hockey game is sound theory, really. No it is. It's done all the time.

For two guys who are so obviously XM fanboys, this is a whole new stratosphere in terms if sheer stupidity.

Again, I ask. If you are going to make a statement, make sure you have knowledge and the inkling of an education that might be able to back it up.
What in the holy fuck are you talking about?
Old 01-13-06, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Im stunned...I honestly cannot believe how far you will go to prove a non point.

So your theory is this...if I may...

You believe that in an area where Howard Stern has 8% of the people listening to him, that MOST of the crowd was Howard Stern fans. And that the people that booed a non Ranger during a ceromony for a beloved Ranger retiring, booed an XM exec because they love howard and therefore hate XM.

The other half, was following along because of a mob mentality...in a venue where they were not actually a mob, but people honoring a hero. Now, you have no proof they even booed...but you know WHY they booed.

I say, that according to statistics, probably no more than 10% could have been Howard listeners, and of that 10%, even less would be rabid enough to boo a fucking CEO...in actuality, I believe that IF THEY DID BOO, its because sports crowds ALWAYS boo corporate sponsors annoying fans during ceremonies.

Umm....YEAH, I do believe that I should do some sociology research before embarassing myself in the above argument

Go to any sporting event. Get about 10 percent of the given crowd (since that's what you claim is Stern fans), and have them start chanting something in unison. Or booing. Or even starting a wave.
Old 01-13-06, 07:36 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jesus Christ, will you guys just grow up and stop this pointless bickering? It's annoying.
Old 01-13-06, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Go to any sporting event. Get about 10 percent of the given crowd (since that's what you claim is Stern fans), and have them start chanting something in unison. Or booing. Or even starting a wave.

So you AGREE that these posts are wrong...

NY is howard country....
My guess is half the Arena are Stern fans and the other half just went along.

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/foru...pic.php?t=35601
Well, Messier has been on Stern's show quite a few times. Not to say that the arena was anti-XM, but let's be honest. Most people in NY love howard, so it's not that hard to believe.
BTW, you made the last one.

SO, therefore, if you agree that those posts are wrong, and my whole reason for posting here was to point out that they were probably wrong...

then what the hell are you arguing with me about?

what?
Old 01-13-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Jesus Christ, will you guys just grow up and stop this pointless bickering? It's annoying.
It's funny. This is a Sirius thread, isn't it?
Old 01-13-06, 07:38 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's funny. This is a Sirius thread, isn't it?
It's supposed to be.
Old 01-13-06, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Bandoman
It's supposed to be.
Funny. I must've missed that in the title. Didn't Dead tell Steam to stay out of the last one? Maybe Tommy needs that reminder too.
Old 01-13-06, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Funny. I must've missed that in the title. Didn't Dead tell Steam to stay out of the last one? Maybe Tommy needs that reminder too.
your calling for the mods to remove me from the thread?

Is that what your doing?

Really?

You sure dude?

I posted a comment and you nagged me to death, like you always do. How is this my fault?
Old 01-13-06, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Is that what your doing?

Really?

You sure dude?

I posted a comment and you nagged me to death, like you always do. How is this my fault?
Yeah. You don't have free will, bro.

You just can't resist the urge to come into these threads and rile everyone up. Stay to your stupid ass XM threads and we'll stay in here. Pretty simple solution.

Last edited by Deftones; 01-13-06 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-13-06, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

SHHHUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! I'm sick of this fucking shit. That's why there is now a seperate xm thread. Jesus Fucking Christ.
Old 01-13-06, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is that what your doing?

Really?

You sure dude?

Personally I wish they would. It's fucking annoying as hell having to read past all your xm fanboy crap in this Sirius thread. There's an XM thread, why not just spout your opinions about XM and O&A there.
Old 01-13-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
SHHHUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! I'm sick of this fucking shit. That's why there is now a seperate xm thread. Jesus Fucking Christ.
Exactly. It's funny. Look at that new XM thread. Since everyone was warned, there's been a few posts in there from Sirius "people" but nothing major. Now look at this thread and see how many posts by just Steam and Tommy are in here alone.
Old 01-13-06, 08:32 PM
Mod Emeritus

Deftones, you know better than to make comment like this. If there are threadcraps, just report them. Personally attacking another forum member will only get *you* in trouble.