Reload this Page >

How is Howard Stern doing on Sirius?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

How is Howard Stern doing on Sirius?

Old 01-10-06, 11:11 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steam
Anyway, there is tons of shit that I would love to comment on here regarding the show but I won't. ...
Steam, this just comes across as baiting Stern listeners in a thread dedicated to Stern on Sirius. If you don't like him and his show, then just don't post in the thread.
Old 01-10-06, 11:14 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by Deftones
Why not. You pretty much singlehandedly fucked up every other discussion.
And posts like this, that respond to the problem, only feed the fire. Just report the problem posts and consider putting the poster on your ignore list.
Old 01-10-06, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Haven't heard today's show yet but I listened to a bit of Bubba's first show. I tuned out after about 30 minutes when they were doing a horribly fake bit about getting "ned" back on the show.
Old 01-10-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
It's like having pronoun trouble... Only without the pronouns.

Is this better?

"Salesman said it basically disconnects your regular car radio antenna when the satellite radio is on, and when you turn the satellite radio off, it reconnects the regular car antenna..."

YES Thanks for the help
Old 01-10-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dead
Steam, this just comes across as baiting Stern listeners in a thread dedicated to Stern on Sirius. If you don't like him and his show, then just don't post in the thread.
Thanks - He only had one post on the OnA thread. Me thinks he is in the closet.
Old 01-10-06, 05:19 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sulu's doing great as the announcer. He seems to fit right in.
Old 01-10-06, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
It's like having pronoun trouble... Only without the pronouns.

Is this better?

"Salesman said it basically disconnects your regular car radio antenna when the satellite radio is on, and when you turn the satellite radio off, it reconnects the regular car antenna..."

Make sure it really works that way! I bought one of these to connect my iPod to my old stereo, it basically rendered my antenna worthless because the thing never powered off - i needed to (but never did) install an on/off switch for it... granted I bought the thing for $15 bucks on ebay.

Otherwise, you should be 100% happy with thie device because it will give you a nice, clean signal.
Old 01-10-06, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by HN
Sulu's doing great as the announcer. He seems to fit right in.

did you hear sulu and arnold schwarzenegger...

friggin priceless.....
Old 01-10-06, 06:10 PM

Why O&A are mad at stern: http://rapidshare.de/files/10810750/...vs_oa.mp3.html

One of O&A "best bits":

http://rapidshare.de/files/10811288/...its13.mp3.html
Old 01-10-06, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Flashback
Thanks - He only had one post on the OnA thread. Me thinks he is in the closet.
Try the posts I have on other message boards dealing with O&A. I used to like Stern. His tired schtick and constant hypocrisy are extremely bothersome. That is all.
Old 01-10-06, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Try the posts I have on other message boards dealing with O&A. I used to like Stern. His tired schtick and constant hypocrisy are extremely bothersome. That is all.
Originally Posted by Dead

Old 01-10-06, 07:09 PM

People on the O&A board complain about stern fans being "drones". it is funny, because most of their arugements against stern are inlcuded in the audio clip I posted above - same arguement over and over again.

I listened to O&A's take on stern w/ regards to his actions, mindfull that their version of the facts are JUST as slanted/biased as stern's view.

They fail to address the NUMBER ONE REASON Mel, Viacom (and everyone else they mention) continue to kiss howard's ass...

Stern turned his morning show into a BILLION DOLLAR revenue generator with commercial spots. For O&A to complete IGNORE this and say that Stern is an egomaniac/whining bitch that cries to Mel (and everyone else) about this that and the other thing is VERY ignorant (or self-serving) on their part.

It is easy to say "stern is egomaniac, they wanted us to sign a contract w/ $100,000 fines if we attacked stern"

vs.

"stern make brings in so much revenue for viacom, they wanted us to sign a contract w/ $100,000 fines if we attacked stern".

They (viacom, et.al.) were merely protecting their revenue streams.

Meanwhile, they have been attacking stern on an almost daily basis, it hasn't done anything for their show!

Last edited by Sloth911; 01-10-06 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-10-06, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

2nd day and i found myself wanting to stay in my car to continue listening. (Like the old days.) Can't wait for the streaming feed... wonder how it will affect my work.

Hate ta even mention this...but... is the whole 'hoohoo tell em Fred' based on the perception that Howard says he invented a lot of stuff? Then...OandA play clips of Howard doing the Pat O'Brien bit and they say THEY invented playing them? Am I missing something?

Nice ta laugh in the AM again. I like Carolla but the 4 days I tried him out just didn't do it for me. I thought Leykis from 4-8 was funny tho.
Old 01-10-06, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Might wait, until my report, I'm getting this done on Sunday. It's a 20 buck part, 20 install, so figure what the [email protected] I dont' want to try to get out my factory radio.

I have static on almost all channels, so we shall see.

Salesman said it basically disconnects your radio antenae when the radio is on, and when it's off reconnects it, so should be very clear. Hopefully so.

I did this for my wifes car to listen to her mp3 player, it is great, but make sure you are getting one with an on off switch. You will be very happy with it!
Old 01-10-06, 07:51 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sloth911

Thanks for the link, I never knew O&A's side of the story. I figured something like that happened. If that's true, Howard was a total dick to them, but that's hardball in the business world. They had a contract. It doesn't affect the humor of Howard's show, or O&A's I still like them both.

Last edited by Bandoman; 01-10-06 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-10-06, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Thanks for the link, I never knew O&A's side of the story. I figured something like that happened. If that's true, Howard was a total dick to them, but that's hardball in the business world. They had a contract. It doesn't affect the humor of Howard's show, or O7A's I still like them both.

of course stern was a total dick-

he`s Howard Stern
Old 01-10-06, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by BassDude
2nd day and i found myself wanting to stay in my car to continue listening. (Like the old days.) Can't wait for the streaming feed... wonder how it will affect my work.

it seems stern is back and more funny then ever....bringing sulu on was pure genius....
Old 01-10-06, 08:16 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tommy28
of course stern was a total dick-

he`s Howard Stern
It would actually be interesting if he were to talk about it, but he really has nothing to gain by engaging O&A in the battle they seem to so desperately want.
Old 01-10-06, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bandoman
It would actually be interesting if he were to talk about it, but he really has nothing to gain by engaging O&A in the battle they seem to so desperately want.

the FM war days are over.
o&a had 1 year to do something to make a splash on satellite,and did NOTHING.
why give them the headlines they couldn't
get on there own.
Old 01-10-06, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020
I did this for my wifes car to listen to her mp3 player, it is great, but make sure you are getting one with an on off switch. You will be very happy with it!
Thanks for the heads up, that's two people who mentioned this. I assume those guys know I want to use my radio again, but maybe not. I'll talk to them.
Old 01-10-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sloth911
People on the O&A board complain about stern fans being "drones". it is funny, because most of their arugements against stern are inlcuded in the audio clip I posted above - same arguement over and over again.

I listened to O&A's take on stern w/ regards to his actions, mindfull that their version of the facts are JUST as slanted/biased as stern's view.

They fail to address the NUMBER ONE REASON Mel, Viacom (and everyone else they mention) continue to kiss howard's ass...

Stern turned his morning show into a BILLION DOLLAR revenue generator with commercial spots. For O&A to complete IGNORE this and say that Stern is an egomaniac/whining bitch that cries to Mel (and everyone else) about this that and the other thing is VERY ignorant (or self-serving) on their part.

It is easy to say "stern is egomaniac, they wanted us to sign a contract w/ $100,000 fines if we attacked stern"

vs.

"stern make brings in so much revenue for viacom, they wanted us to sign a contract w/ $100,000 fines if we attacked stern".

They (viacom, et.al.) were merely protecting their revenue streams.

Meanwhile, they have been attacking stern on an almost daily basis, it hasn't done anything for their show!
I think Howard being the main guy at Infinity is understandable and common knowledge. So there is no need for them to constantly mention that since they are not really bad mouthing Mel for doing it (they may mock him sometimes but they aren't stupid). They bring it up to show Howard's hypocrisy. Take the part in "Private Parts" where Pig Vomit takes Howard to meet Imus and Imus wants nothing to do with him and tells him to "F off" and they show Howard with a confused look on his face. He is making Imus look like an asshole in his movie yet three years down the road he is doing the same thing to O&A.

As for the contract Infinity wanted them to sign in order to get out of their contracts, if O&A truly were nothing as people on here like to claim what was the need for that stipulation and why did they keep them on the bench for as long as they did? The reason is they were scared of what they could do to Howard.
Old 01-10-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BassDude
Hate ta even mention this...but... is the whole 'hoohoo tell em Fred' based on the perception that Howard says he invented a lot of stuff? Then...OandA play clips of Howard doing the Pat O'Brien bit and they say THEY invented playing them? Am I missing something?
"Hoo Hoo, tell 'em Fred" is based off Howard saying on his show years ago that he invented WOW. It was a weak attempt by him and predictably Fred didn't say a thing. It plays off Howard's constant claims that he invented everything and people on radio weren't doing anything before him.

O&A were being sarcastic regarding the Pat O'Brien clips. They have said in the past that something like that is in the public domain. While Howard was claiming that the Pat O'Brien stuff was new, O&A were simply pointing out that they did that eight months ago and for someone who claims to be an innovator he sure is following their moves pretty well.
Old 01-10-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As for the contract Infinity wanted them to sign in order to get out of their contracts, if O&A truly were nothing as people on here like to claim what was the need for that stipulation and why did they keep them on the bench for as long as they did? The reason is they were scared of what they could do to Howard.

So what exactly have they done to Howard in the year of free reign they've had?
Old 01-10-06, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
So what exactly have they done to Howard in the year of free reign they've had?
The two years they had to sit out hurt a lot of their momentum so they are having to build up their audience from scratch. Unlike Howard they weren't able to trumpet and advertise their move on air for over a year.
Old 01-10-06, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The two years they had to sit out hurt a lot of their momentum so they are having to build up their audience from scratch. Unlike Howard they weren't able to trumpet and advertise their move on air for over a year.

Wouldn't "building up their audience" go alot faster if they just did there own thing and not a Howard Stern update everyday?

At the end of the day I don't really care since one show has no impact on the other I just find the whole thing funny.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.