Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

SoCal = Crazy (Big Pics, LONG Winded Trip Writeup, more)

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 01-03-06, 12:58 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just got back from my SoCal trip. Visiting inlaws during the holidays. Made the most of it, so here it goes..... (pics below)

Being found in a place called Oceanside, which is about 45 minutes north of San Diego and an hour and a half south of LA, we weren't close to anywhere in particular, or that far away for that matter. With the help of a TomTom GO 300 and a Honda Accord we kept busy.<hr>Day 1 Saturday
Travelling. Woke up at 4:30AM to get to the airport by 5:00AM. It's close to my house so a cheap taxi ride and we are there. Get to Denver. They announce they need to bump some people. You get $200 and some food vouchers. We go for it to get there by 1:00PM instead of 11:00AM. The new gate is on the other side of the airport. Get all the way over there. OOPS, they forgot to give us a ticket for the plane, just gave us the vouchers. Go all the way back, get the ticket, bitch and get more food vouchers. Go back. Eat at Emeril's with $25 worth of food vouchers and yet somehow spend $35 for 2 people. Wife thinks she loses cell phone, isn't actually lost but a good scare nevertheless. Get on plane get to San Diego.

Hit ground in San Diego. No one is picking us up at the airport because of "traffic", inlaws want us to figure out how to get to their place using the transit system. Schlepping all of our luggage around some train system that doesn't run all that often sounds tedious after getting up at 4:30AM and ready to crash. Take a "shuttle" instead, which is amazingly like a taxi except they don't have seatbelts, you negotiate the price ahead of time and the guy doesn't know where he's going. For $65 we are taken to Oceanside, about an hour away. Traffic is very light (hah) but the guy gets lost a few times yet eventually gets us there. Rest of the day is a tired fog. Think we exchanged presents at night.<hr>Day 2 Sunday
Still a bit bonked out from the trip I guess. Christmas day. Had some fun with the kids, playing around the house. Nice day out. Went to Oceanside Pier. Saw some cool pelicans. Didn't do much of anything.<hr>Day 3: Monday
Sunny day. Went to Legoland. $50 for admission per adult? WTF?! Almost turned back at the gate. That's $6 less than Disney. They were giving out free tickets for another day, but it's friggen Legoland and I have no desire to return. Everyone there is a middle aged family with kids. EVERYONE. Me and my wife were out of place. Heh. I felt like crap this day for some reason, so didn't want to go on any rides (not really any crazy ones to go on though). Looked at Lego Cities most of the time.

Tried to scalpt the extra tickets on the way out, almost had someone hook line and sinker until my wife opened her mouth and nixed the entire deal by asking the guy if he planned on coming back. About an hour later we start talking again after I unsuccessfully try to scalp them in the parking lot.

Rest of the day a blur. Think we ate at In N Out, good burgers.

Legoland<hr>Day 4 Tuesday
We head to a local Circuit City in Vista to pickup a GPS Unit, end up with a TomTom GO 300. Very nice unit, works awesomely. About 2 hours later we are on Venice Beach. This place is a trip. Quasi-naked dudes working out at an outdoor gym on the sidewalk, tons of "World Famouse" hotdog and pizza places on one side, tons of crazy looking dudes selling various junk on the sidewalk on the other side.

A street performer was beginning his show and we were the first ones there. I somehow ended up in the show of this dude who was dressed like a fireman. Said he was going to light himself on fire. He didn't. He was going to light a cigarette in my mouth but it turned out to be a joke, hah. He chose a girl out of the audience to lift up with his head, this part wasn't a joke. Pretty cool. Dude was kinda nuts but it was funny. He must make mad loot doing this but is missing most of his teeth (said UCLA is going to fix them for free).

Skateboarders had their own area, unlike in Minnesota these dudes were pretty good. Walked down to the beach, nice views! Ended up eating at some hotdog joint a chili dog, was very good and greasey. Decided we had to get to Beverly Hills/Rodeo Drive so off we went.

On the way over the traffic was hideous. The driving here borders on idiotic, overly aggressive and at times suicidal. Now in San Diego the driving wasn't that bad, but here it's just ugly. People don't let you in, people will speed up into you and fly around you if you are both exiting a ramp and going slower than they are, or pass you on the highway by flying into you to let you know you are going slower than they are. Everyone drives an SUV and drives really aggressively. And you wonder why this place is a smoghole.

Get to Beverly Hills, parking is hell but find a spot. Get out, walk to Rodeo. See some nice Ferraris, Royals Royces, and Bentleys. Tons of Asian tourists taking pictures in this entire area. Walked into Tiffany's and looked at $500K rings. They wouldn't tell me if this is where Kobe got his famous Rape Ring from but I suspect it to be the case. Get treated nice in all the stores, no one that snobby. Walk into this crazy looking Buddhist place and buy some tea and "Holy Water Spray". Very nice customer service They have this really nice Buddhist area for massages and whatnot, but pretty spendy for this. Get some coffees at some Hawaiin Coffee joint and we drive off for the Hollywood Sign Hike.

It's about 9:00PM when we get to the Hollwood Sign Hike. TomTom is telling us to drive and drive and it seems like this small backstreet, I'm thinking we are lost. We get to the end. Some old guy is talking to his maid, we ask him if this is the right place. He says just a minute, comes out 4 minutes later and tells us it is. Proceeds to show us his backyard which has a magnificient view of the Los Angeles area. Absolutely stunning. Really nice old guy named "Bob" who takes a few pictures of us in front of the view, tells us how to get up to the Hollywood Sign.

Wow this is a good hike, seems like it takes forever, the air is pretty chill up here. Pretty creep hike, no flashlight so dark as hell. Get to the top, hmmm ok pretty cool. Get down to the bottom, on the way down we here all these coyotes from 2 different areas, sounds like there's a fight or something with one group of them... so as we are running to the car we see some people with flashlights or something, make it to the car and drive off.

Eat at Tommy's on the way home, good burgers!

Crazy Venice Beach Show

Rodeo Drive

Hollywood Sign Hike View at night
<hr>Day 5 Wednesday
Today was all about La Jolla & San Diego. After a long day in LA, looked for something closer. Using RandyC's San Diego post as our guide, we first went to BJ's Pizza. GREAT PIZZA. The Pizzamookie is definitely awesome too. Next stop is La Jolla Cove. Sunny outside, chill air, wonderful view. Pregnant seals are pretty cute. Walk over to Prospect Street. Hmmm there's a cool looking fondu place (Forever Fondu I think) there. Opens at 5:00PM so we walk around until is open. Get a great view of the beautiful sunset. Forever Fondu opens and we have some really yummy sweet chocolate fondu. Oh yeah, have some room for Cold Stone Creamery after that, yeah we're pushing it. Wife has me go to Victoria Secret to watch her try on lingerie and then we head over to Old Town.

Old Town is mostly closed, but a few shops open. Really neat place with a nice Old Timey feel. Just did some browsing here, nothing too special. Afterward we tried to hit Tecolote Mexican Restaurant from Randy's post but we only found the same Fondu joint as before. Tried Palenques, but I must have found the wrong address when I googled for it because it was the wrong Palenques (no Mexican food to be found). Oh well, we weren't hungry so we just headed home.

La Jolla Cove

La Jolla Cove

La Jolla Cove

PETA People? Seconds later some crazed hairy creature-man attacked them with a caveman style club.

Pregnant Seals - After the hairy man-creature got through with them...

La Jolla Sunset
<hr>Day 6 Thursday
After a light Wednesday we have enough energy for Disneyland. About 50 minutes away. Out the door at 8:00AM, get there at 9:00AM, buy tickets, this place is absolutely packed. We get into the park and the line to Fast Pass Space Mountain is about half an hour long and totally chaotic (budgers galore), but we finally get it Fast Passed... for 5:50PM! Jeesus. I forgot something in the car, head back, go to wrong lot (Mickey and Friends instead of Timon... poor signage telling you where to go). On the way back I hear the park is completely sold out for Disneyland, and it's about 9:45AM or so. Hmmm... get back in. Tons and tons of people walking insanely slow in big groups side-by-side. Wife was waiting for me in Star Wars, I try and find her to no success, get stuck in line and find her at the end of the ride waiting for me. Ride is pretty crappy to be honest.

Next get in line for Buzz Lightyear Blaster. Huge line, 60 minutes. Not a horrible ride, but not that good either. Start walking over to Adventureland to get Fast Pass for Indiana Jones, but need to kill some time until we can get next Fast Pass. Takes forever to get over there, they are routing the traffic so you can't go into it through the Adventure Landing entrance, only through Frontier Land. Park is totally chaotic with people pushing and rushing while others walk slow. People with 6 year olds in giant baby carriages are plowing through the crowd bumping into everyone. Large families of 8 or more people who seem to be speaking Spanish slowly walk side-by-side through the crowd at the same time, almost impossible to go anywhere. Place is a total disaster, way too many people in the park.

Long story short on Disneyland, we stayed until 11:30PM, went on all the good rides and saw the fireworks and part of the laser show. For some idiotic reason we went on Splash Mountain (because there was no long) at about 10:00PM and it was cold out, sitting in the middle of the flume we got drenched. So, ready to leave. Have Wild Mountain Fast Passed for 10:45. Go on that cold and wet. Wife HAS to go on Small World. 45 minute wait, cold wet, shivering, ride gets stuck at the end. Finally get out of this hellhole of a place. Feet tired as can be, totally exhausted from the crowds, cold wet tired. The park is just way too small, poorly designed and a bit outdated. We hit In N Out on the way home, good shakes.

Overcrowded Disneyland

Overcrowded Disneyland
<hr>Day 7 Friday
Did nothing on this day, exhausted from Thursday. Hung out with the family.<hr>Day 8 Saturday
Visited a certain Melon-Loving Man at Point Loma Seafoods. Food was awesome. Totally fresh & tastey. Good company. Rainy out today. Take a ride in an amazing car, wheeeeee.... Head home for a church thingy at night. Wasn't that bad.

Yellow Elise<hr>Day 9 Sunday
Inlaws drive us to aiport (wow!) and get home at about 11:00PM. 2nd flight is delayed so capt gives free DirectTV to everyone and I watch WSOP Main Event the whole way home.<hr>

What I learned:

- San Diego drives pretty well but LA is some crazy driving
- You can have a "Heart" symbol on the license plate
- If your license plate isn't customized, you are a nobody
- You don't need a front license plate for your car
- You don't need any license plate for a new car, not even a temporary one
- Spanish isn't really necessary, at least in all the day-to-day non-touristy stuff I did
- In N Out is pretty good, but not the be-all end-all of burgers (I liked Tommy's more)
- Bob up near the Hollywood sign is a cool old dude
- Venice Beach is a talented hobo's paradise
- The Lotus Elise has extremely predictable handling. By predictable I mean it'll corner like a mofo and make the hairs on your neck standup.

Special thanks to: RandyC's San Diego thread and all of the "What To Do in LA" threads.
Old 01-03-06, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
What I learned:

as well as a hand a few other symbols.
Actually, usually it means the opposite. If you have a personalized plate, you're probably a tool.
Actually, yes you do, unless they changed the law in the last year or so. My wife was ticketed for no front plate.
You need a piece of paper in your window though.
- Spanish isn't really necessary, at least in all the day-to-day non-touristy stuff I did
Unless you're a public school teacher.
- In N Out is pretty good, but not the be-all end-all of burgers (I liked Tommy's more)
I think both are just ok.
Indeed. And crazy persons too.
Old 01-03-06, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you had a good time and it was nice meeting you and your's. Next time, you get to drive.

I need to update the San Diego thread. Some of that restaurant info is getting old.
Old 01-03-06, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Randy's holding out on us...we could've had a quick Otter Meat.

Glad to hear you had a nice time down San Diego way (except for Legoland).
Old 01-03-06, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wife HAS to go on Small World. 45 minute wait, cold wet, shivering, ride gets stuck at the end.
I understand this is the exact procedure they use on the "high-value" cases at Gitmo.
Old 01-03-06, 09:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice write-up and pics (loved the La Jolla Sunset).
Old 01-03-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DodgingCars
Actually, usually it means the opposite. If you have a personalized plate, you're probably a tool.
Can anyone guess who was too cheap to get a personalized plate?
Old 01-03-06, 10:17 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Randy's holding out on us...we could've had a quick Otter Meat.

Glad to hear you had a nice time down San Diego way (except for Legoland).
Oh Legoland was way fun. I just kinda felt crappy that day. It's an amazing place for kids and a lot of the stuff made me crack up. Like the Mindstorm programming class we took, they have this teacher crack all these jokes during the presentation and not a single child or adult in the room laughed. Poor guy, I only wished I video taped it.

When I have kids it's the first place I'm going next time. My sis in law thinks they jacked up the price for the holidays but I'm not so sure. Looks like they are adding onto it, so will probably be better in the future.
Old 01-03-06, 10:50 AM
Mod Emeritus

Other thoughts:

- People in San Diego are extremely friendly
- People in Los Angeles are very friendly
- There's tons of cool stuff to do in SoCal, I could really live here, esp with the weather
- San Diego must be great in the summer
- Los Angeles didn't seem that polluted or dirty to me at all
- Los Angeles downtown is awesome
- The views from Hollywood sign at night were amazing
- My inlaws are super religious born again Christians and believe in creationism
- Their church is actually pretty cool though
- The holiday rides (Small World & Haunted Mansion) were pretty cool
- Space Mountain wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, although it was VERY cool... it needs more steep drops
- Texas & USC were at Disneyland, USC left pretty quickly, the Texas guys stuck around and went on rides
- Next time I'll get my pass at CostCo
- Peter Pan acts very flamboyently

More pics tonight
Old 01-03-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DodgingCars
Actually, yes you do, unless they changed the law in the last year or so. My wife was ticketed for no front plate.
No kidding? I have no front license plate for 16 years and no one stopped me for that. Heck, I haven't updated the license plate sticker! (I live in Orange County, by the way)
Old 01-03-06, 11:05 AM
Mod Emeritus

>>> Disney has some really good rides

In this order I rank them

1) Indiana Jones
2) Wild Mountain
3) Space Mountain
4) Splash Mountain
5) Haunted Mansion
6) Matahorn
7) Pirates of Caribbean
8) Buzz Light Year
9) Star Wars
10) Small World

Oh yeah... Ariel
Old 01-03-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe your "in-laws" wouldn't pick you up at the airport. That's bullshit. I hope you stuck a lump of coal in each of their stockings.

And your nucking futs for going to Disneyland w/ those crowds. I would have turned around and left the minute I saw the crowds in the parking lot.

Nice pics of La Jolla and Randy's car. I saw an orange one in the drive thru at Taco Bell recently - nice little car.
Old 01-03-06, 11:37 AM

I'm guessing that "Wild Mountain" = "Big Thunder Mountain"
Old 01-03-06, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

People in Los Angeles are very friendly
I noticed that too whenever I go down there. Very nice people.

Los Angeles didn't seem that polluted or dirty to me at all
The smog in summer is brutal. But in terms of garbage strewn everywhere, I've never noticed LA to be like that.
Old 01-03-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What I learned:

- San Diego drives pretty well but LA is some crazy driving
- Bob up near the Hollywood sign is a cool old dude
- The Lotus Elise has extremely predictable handling. By predictable I mean it'll corner like a mofo and make the hairs on your neck standup.
Try driving in Temecula (about 30 mins north of Oceanside) the traffic is insane. But yeah, LA traffic I have seen people make left turns from the right turn lane, run red lights, honk if you don't go the mili-second the light turns green, etc.

I see alot of the hearts on the license plates, I think it's stupid.

I guess I am a nobody

As far as I know, you do need a front plate, some people just don't have them.

New cars have a small ID tag on the inside passenger side of the windshield that has all the info in case you get pulled over.

In-N-Out is great, and so is Tommy's. We just had a Tommy's open out here, actually. Fat Burger is great, too, but you've peobably had them before. Not sure if they're in MN, but they are in Vegas.

I have lived in CA all my life (27 years) and never been to Venice Beach, or La Jolla for that matter.

Sounds like you had a good time. I loved your "rape ring" quip, by the way, and that's rare considering I usually support Kobe 110%.
Old 01-03-06, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

>>> Disney has some really good rides

In this order I rank them

1) Indiana Jones
2) Wild Mountain
3) Space Mountain
4) Splash Mountain
5) Haunted Mansion
6) Matahorn
7) Pirates of Caribbean
8) Buzz Light Year
9) Star Wars
10) Small World

Oh yeah... Ariel
Indiana Jones over Space Mountain? NEVER!

Did you get whiplash on the Matterhorn?
Old 01-03-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by McHawkson
No kidding? I have no front license plate for 16 years and no one stopped me for that. Heck, I haven't updated the license plate sticker! (I live in Orange County, by the way)
I didn't think front plates needed stickers. It's probably one of those laws like driving in the rain with your lights on. Cops rarely enforce it.
Old 01-03-06, 02:31 PM
Mod Emeritus

Strange about the front plates being required. I know they are required here in MN and EVERYONE has them pretty much. Our temps are big pieces of paper we put on the back. Saw tons of sweet new cars with no plates at all. A couple of new Ferraris in Rodeo that made me go I also took a dump on the 2nd floor of some building in Beverly Hills and the places was awesome, all marble and no one around at all.... It was weird but totally cool. I also got the trots after eating at Pollo Loco near Disneyland and my wife had to pull over because we couldn't find a place with a bathroom and I ***HAD*** to go, so I took a dump on the side of an old road at night. Damn you Pollo Loco! God the Churros are good there and the chicken was really good Unfortunately my colon disagreed.

Nick - The lady at Tiffanys was really cool with us. I asked her if this is a place where someone like Kobe would go to buy a ring for his wife, she cracked up but held it in and said they aren't allowed to divulge that information.

I must have been cranky when I wrote the original writeup, because it's a big negative. My only real problem with the area is the traffic in LA, probably because I almost got into an accident at an intersection because some idiot blocked me into an open intersection and I had to go around this person and someone coming from the other way almost nailed me (and easily could have).

You should really get down to Venice Beach, it's a total trip. I think it embodies the SoCal experience and culture really well. La Jolla Cove is really beautiful and Prospect Street is very nice. If you go down there, have a pizza at BJ's first, get the Pizzamookie, go park at the Cove, go over and watch the seals, enjoy the views. Then walk back and up over to Prospect Street, it's right there. Forever Fondu is very tastey and highly recommended. Take your wife to the Victoria's Secret and buy her something nice. Then drive over to Old Towne (if you haven't been there before) and check out the old shops.

I tell you the TomTom GO 300 really made the trip so much fun and it would have never been possible to do without it. I did want to go back to Hollywood another day and do the studio thing, but the Disney trip wiped us out and it's a long drive back.

Randy - meeting you, seeing your Elise & going for a ride was the icing on the cake of an already great vacation.

I'll post more pics this week.

Last edited by Gallant Pig; 01-03-06 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-03-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I didn't think front plates needed stickers. It's probably one of those laws like driving in the rain with your lights on. Cops rarely enforce it.
I'm speaking of rear license plate sticker that I haven't updated since May - I better do it as soon as I get a chance.
Old 01-03-06, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Traffic is San Diego and Los Angeles depends a lot on the time of day. During rush hour, people just act differently. Normal people become dickheads. In San Diego, that means between 7:30am-9:30am and 4:00pm-6:30pm. In Los Angeles, that means between 7:30am until 7:29am.

Seriously it is not that bad, but as you get into congestion and specially in LA, you need to shift gears into a more aggressive style..or get used to people cutting you off.

In regards to front license plates, I have not had one on my car since 1990. No problems so far. There are ways to handle not having one, including temporary mounts for the fix-it ticket, to showing the cop the banged up front plate that was recently "ripped off" the front of your car... or the claim that you drive and exotic and there is no front bumper to mount one to. I designed a temporary mount for the Elise so I could put on one for 5 minutes.
Old 01-03-06, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
You should really get down to Venice Beach, it's a total trip. I think it embodies the SoCal experience and culture really well.
Glad to hear Venice Beach is still like that. It's been forever since I've been there. It holds a special place in my heart. It was the first place I'd ever seen topless women at the beach when I was a young thing.
Old 01-03-06, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hey randyC, when can our San diegan dvd talk members get test drive of your car?
Old 01-04-06, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Other thoughts:
- People in Los Angeles are very friendly
Except when you want to get in their lane.

- There's tons of cool stuff to do in SoCal, I could really live here, esp with the weather
If you could cut the traffic and housing prices in half, I'd said Socal would be close to Heaven.

- Los Angeles didn't seem that polluted or dirty to me at all
The smog in the summer can be pretty bad. It's pretty nice during the winter months. The smog is also mostly inland. The coastal area usually has pretty good air, year round. I think I notice more littering & grafitti in LA than in other cities like: Phoenix, Sacramento, Denver, etc. etc. etc. But it's not necessarily a dirty city. Hey, there is palm trees in the hood.

- Los Angeles downtown is awesome
Really? Why? There's nothing really down there but office buildings. The central library is awesome though (8 stories!).

- My inlaws are super religious born again Christians and believe in creationism
So am I. Although what you mean by creationism and super religious might be different than what I mean by it. I'm not uptight and prude and I don't believe that dinosaur bones were put their by Satan to trick us.

- Their church is actually pretty cool though
I hope it's not Rick Warren's church. That place is gawdy (not God-dy). And I'm not much of a fan of Warren, personally.

- The holiday rides (Small World & Haunted Mansion) were pretty cool
Those are the only 2 right? I like the Haunted Mansion during the holidays.
Old 01-04-06, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RandyC
Seriously it is not that bad, but as you get into congestion and specially in LA, you need to shift gears into a more aggressive style..or get used to people cutting you off.
LA traffic keeps getting worst and worst. 10 years ago it wasn't a big deal to drive the 405 on a Saturday. Now... it's always a big deal to drive on the 405. It just seems to get more and more congested. If you live close to your work place though, traffic probably wouldn't seem as bad. And if you live close to most of the things you want to see/do then you also don't need to worry about the traffic much.

In regards to front license plates, I have not had one on my car since 1990. No problems so far. There are ways to handle not having one, including temporary mounts for the fix-it ticket, to showing the cop the banged up front plate that was recently "ripped off" the front of your car...
I had my front plate in my trunk for 2 years and just never felt like putting it on, because I had to drill holes to mount it. Then my wife got pulled over. As long as you actually fix it, the ticket was only $10, so I mounted the plate after the ticket and drove it to the station to prove it was on and the copy signed off the ticket.

The cop did tell me wife that the cop that gave her the ticket must have been bored and a jerk, cause he wouldn't have bothered.
Old 01-04-06, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As far as In-n-Out Burger goes...

My uncle tells me you have to go to the right one. He's a photographer who used to travel to LA all the time and now lives in Laguna Beach. Which one did you go to? I went to the one near that famous outlet mall when you drive from Vegas to LA and it was pretty good. I found the burger to be great for a fast food place(nothing compares to a steakhouse type burger), but the shake to be almost too ice creamy.
Do you have kids? If you did, then I wouldn't have left Disney and dissapoint them but if you didn't and it was just adults, you should have left.
When I went in October, I found Rodeo Drive to be a pretty intimidating. Maybe it was just my own insecurities but I just didn't feel a welcome vibe at Rodeo. Let's just say my mom and I experienced some reverse discrimination from a black security guard at what I remember being the Guess store.

I agree that I didn't see smog and found LA to be very clean, more clean then Chicago. Only thing we saw that was bad was a homeless man outside The Comedy Store and smelled a piss odor on the street once.

People really do drive insane in LA. Freaking motorcyclists weeving through lanes. Definetely have to be alert there.

One thing I noticed: If you live here in Chicago, a nice car like a bmw or mercedes get's noticed. In LA, it seems to be if you don't have a nice car i.e. own an average car like a ford, gm, and toyota, you tend to stand out but probablly not in a good way.

I used to be one of these guys who said he would never leave Chicago, but after going to LA I've changed my mind. If I ever aquired the money to live a nice life style somewhere, I'd come to LA. Love the weather and style around there.

P.S. It's true what they say about the women. Freaking 10's everywhere. Doesn't compare to anywhere else I've been.

Last edited by Michael Ballack; 01-04-06 at 10:25 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.