Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

So, I just told a girl that im seeing that her family is "trashy". It didnt go well

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

So, I just told a girl that im seeing that her family is "trashy". It didnt go well

Old 01-01-06, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so, - this girl that ive been seeing for about 5-6 weeks decided that tonight would be the "take me to meet her parents" date. This has been a really really nice girl (so far). Very well mannered, has a good job, nice car, fun to be with, etc.. SO far all is well. She was very excited about me meeting her family "clan", and was very proud of the idea, and of her family and friends. I thought, what the heck. Its new years eve, itll be a party, ... itll be fun.

I could not have been more wrong.

The first feelings of dread began to creep over me when i first saw the driveway. And not to mention, it was out in the middle of NOWHERE. So the driveway was a dirt road OFF OF SOME OTHER DIRT ROAD. I was like oh my god, we're in the woods. So finally we get to the house. It was so poorly lit that i couldnt tell if it was a trailer or not. There were trucks all over the place. Before we got out of the car she said, now - just be warned, these people are kinda rough around the edges. I said a silent prayer, and opened my car door.

I could hear dogs barking in the woods.

I could hear children screaming and crying inside the house.

I fought off every voice of common sense and survival instinct that screamed inside of me to turn and run.

Now, as some of you may know - i use the term "trashy" loosely, and on a regular basis, but this time - it really does mean what it sounds like. The inside of their house was disgusting beyond words. It reaked of burnt food and cigarette smoke. There were cigarrettes on the carpet. There must have been at LEAST (LOL) a hundred beer bottles or opened alcohol containers scattered amoung the living room/dining room. About half of the people there looked up from what they were doing to say hi. It was a true white-trash spread too - hot dogs, cheetos, chocolate, pepsi, and some other unidenified meat. Nascar pictures and posters proudly adorned the living room walls.

But heres where it gets good-

I decided to get over the fact that they are backwoods redneck people that dont clean up. Ok, no big deal. I can still hang out for a little while and have a few drinks and have adecent time.

The filth that spewed out of 2 of the womens mouth was like watching a freak show. Ive never heard a grown woman and a MOM use the word m0therF**ker in front of her child. I heard every word in the book within a time span of 60 minutes, C**t, C**ksu**ker, Mother F-er, Fagg*t, *******. It was absolutely unbelieveable, i mean there were 4 - 8 year old kids at table. They gave their kids beer. They blew smoke in my face like i was invisible. I believe at one point one of the women came out and said to me "next time dont piss on my toilet seat m*therF*cker!"

So, after about an hour i had just had all i could stand, and i said to her "you bout ready to go!?"

Then in the car, i said - "sorry dear, but ... that was just a LITTLE bit more trashy than i was used to" (what i meant was - your family are a race of subhuman neantherdals that redefine the term white trash). She didnt appreciate it, and i doubt ill hear from her again. But, i made it back home alive, and that pretty much is as happy of an ending as you can hope for in this kinda situation.

Last edited by skiblet; 01-01-06 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-01-06, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by skiblet
Were you having steak?
Old 01-01-06, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
I don't know what's weirder, the fact that you would call your new girlfriend's family "trashy" to her face, or that she was actually excited about exposing you to the horror you described.

Are you sure she just didn't take you to an amusement park, and secretly got you a ticket to the "Deliverance Experience"?

Personally, I would have waited to see whether or not she was embarrased by her family before calling them trashy, but if your account was accurate at all, I can't say I blame you.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 01-01-06 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-01-06, 05:53 AM
Premium Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the planet Earth.

All of that is expected when you pee on a foreign toilet seat!
Old 01-01-06, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
skiblet... Always sensitive, Always in Trouble.

WWSS

What Would Skiblet Say?
Old 01-01-06, 06:32 AM
Banned

Run, man! Run for the hills!
Old 01-01-06, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The_Infidel

Personally, I would have waited to see whether or not she was embarrased by her family before calling them trashy, but if your account was accurate at all, I can't say I blame you.

thats exactly what i was thinking as we left! As we got in the car i was just kinda silent for about 30 seconds, thinking - surely at any second now shes going to say, " I am SOOOOOOoo sorry about all of that!"

but she said something like that " that was fun eh?"
Old 01-01-06, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Were you having steak?

i WISH i had been at logans instead of there, in fact id spend the rest of eternity at logans instead of one night at this freakshow.
Old 01-01-06, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to foward your experience to Texas. Apparently they think gay parents are a bad influence for "dem normal-like folk youngins."
Old 01-01-06, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
You messed up, man. This was a good thing.

She's got all these positive attributes (according to your description) that make her desirable to you, and (because of her background) she's never gonna expect anything of you.
Old 01-01-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by skiblet
The filth that spewed out of 2 of the womens mouth was like watching a freak show. Ive never heard a grown woman and a MOM use the word m0therF**ker in front of her child. I heard every word in the book within a time span of 60 minutes, C**t, C**ksu**ker, Mother F-er, Fagg*t, *******. It was absolutely unbelieveable, i mean there were 4 - 8 year old kids at table. They gave their kids beer. They blew smoke in my face like i was invisible. I believe at one point one of the women came out and said to me "next time dont piss on my toilet seat m*therF*cker!"
Wow! What do you call an act like that?
Old 01-01-06, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

""I believe at one point one of the women came out and said to me "next time dont piss on my toilet seat m*therF*cker!"""
Can't aim *therF*cker!?
Old 01-01-06, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here are my thoughts. Most times when recreating a scene described above the teller usually stretches the truth. The fact you told your friend to her face that her family was trashy was plain stupid. Sorry dude but every thread you have about a girl is never good. Ever. Unless you get over some things you'll be single forever. Just because a house is on a dirt road?? We have several communities in my area with upwards of a million dollar homes that are off dirt roads. It's just the nature of the area.

Granted if the women spoke like that that could be a bit much for me too. I think it's time you just found a good man.
Old 01-01-06, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's pretty rude to piss on someone's toilet seat. Shame on you.
Old 01-01-06, 09:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kantonburg

Granted if the women spoke like that that could be a bit much for me too. I think it's time you just found a good man.
*raises hand*
Old 01-01-06, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
*raises hand*

I don't know. Your family isn't too trashy are they?

Skib's experience sounds like my brother's in-laws. It's funny because while I could do a decent job of fitting in with those folks for an evening if I had to, my brother is way out of his element around his wife's family.

He was telling me about how his wife went to have a drink at the local bar with her three sisters and he stayed back with the boyfriends and husbands watching NASCAR or something and when the girls came back one of them mentioned that some guy hit on one of the girls and then called them dumb bitches when they rebuffed his attempts and all the guys were going to go and fight them. I doubt my brother has evere been in a fight past the 2nd grade and certainly not a bar fight. Luckily for him it was all drunk talk. Poor kid.
Old 01-01-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dork
Wow! What do you call an act like that?

Spoiler:
The Aristocrats!
Old 01-01-06, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, I wish you had that on tape! It could have been a great pilot for a sitcom on Fox.

None of them looked like this, did they?
Old 01-01-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It is scary to think about, but there are a lot of these types of people around. Remember, George Bush was elected president. Twice!
Old 01-01-06, 10:18 AM

I think you were right on on just speaking up and saying what you thought of the experience. If you would have not said something and waited until the next time you saw her, she might think you're trying to use the family as an excuse to some other problem you had with her.

If was truly as you stated then I feel sorry for this girl as she seems to have herself together. There's too many fish in the sea for you to put up with the filth she has attached to her. Good luck.
Old 01-01-06, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you never hear from her again, let me be the first to say....

pics?
Old 01-01-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 01-01-06, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Run, don't walk, away. It definitely sounds like you're not from a rural (I'm being polite here) background. You're not Henry Higgins, and she's not Eliza Doolittle. If she's proud enough of her background to take you there, she won't want to leave it. She may think she does, but in the end she won't. Not for you, not for anyone. She'll be shocked and offended that you don't dive right into it and embrace it as your own.
Old 01-01-06, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Call her up, apologize, and offer to make it up to her by throwing a party for all of them at your place next weekend.
Old 01-01-06, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Your lucky they didn't turn you into chilli or some other food stuff...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.