Reload this Page >

Sick of rude people (long rant)

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 12-28-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've had it with these people. Two instances in the last two days where I have come across really rude people who are in customer service. The first one was at the 7-11 where I was standing near the lotto counter and looking through my purse for my credit card. I had money out along with several other things from my purse. All of a sudden this girl comes out from the back (they have a special line for lotto) and just picks up my money. I said "No" and she looks at me and says "What do you want?" I said nothing and she comes back with a rude, "Well, why are you standing here?" I was like uh, there is no one behind me and gave her the your a bitch look and walked away. Then today I go to return some makeup at the mall and sent me to customer service uptairs. This was due to the fact that I lost the debit card the item would be credited back on and had to give them a different card. So I go where it says customer service and the girl is looking at me saying she can't take cosmetics before I even explain what I am trying to do. She just stood there shaking her head no before I could even talk. Finally, I was like "Can you please stop shaking your head no at me." and left.
I am really starting to hate people. Seriously. I mean these people are in customer service, I don't care if they have sand in their vagina, put on an act if you are having a bad day or are just a miserable person. Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it off my chest!

Last edited by hippie68; 12-28-05 at 03:23 PM. Reason: forgot a letter
Old 12-28-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I seem to have notice a lack of "Christmas spirit" that you can usually pick up on this year. I don't really know how else to explain it myself.. but people do seem generally nastier lately.
Old 12-28-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's pretty rude to talk about people behind their backs. I think we should hear their sides before making any judgments.
Old 12-28-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hippie68
I don't care if they have sand in their vagina
Does everyone in customer service have a vagina?

Seriously though, I've found that in such situations, if both parties take a step back and try to look at things from the other's perspective, things work out much better. Problem is, most CSR's don't care, or don't have the ability to put themselves in the customer's position, even if and when the customer's willing to.

Sadly, I don't see customer service, in general, getting any better any time soon.
Old 12-28-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rude customer service reps? I can't believe it. Next thing you'll be telling me that there are customer service reps who can barely speak English!
Old 12-28-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dont come to NY...You may spontaneously combust.
Old 12-28-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My car has the cloak of invisibility today as it seems everyone is cutting me off on the freeway.
Old 12-28-05, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

A pet peeve of mine that happened 3 times in the final Christmas shopping rush: People violating the express lane rule. They pretend they don't see the sign and bring their carts loaded with stuff to the express lane and always end up ahead of me. The stores don't enforce it either. I think they should be forced to wait in line until it's their turn and then have the cashier tell them "Sorry, my register will only ring up a maximum of nine items. You'll have to go to another line."

And another thing- Why do they still have checks? Don't most banks issue debit cards with their checking accounts. I hate having to wait for someone to dig around in their purse for a checkbook, then dig around for a pen, then write out the check, then find their ID, then wait for some supervisor to approve the check. (I know this part is sexist, but trust me, men hate to use checks.)

Whew, it does feel good to rant.
Old 12-28-05, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am really starting to hate people.

I've been there for a few years now. It's not as bad as you think.
Old 12-28-05, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Quatermass
I think they should be forced to wait in line until it's their turn and then have the cashier tell them "Sorry, my register will only ring up a maximum of nine items. You'll have to go to another line."
Then you'd have to wait as the customer bitches that the cashier should just ring up multiple separate transactions.
Old 12-28-05, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Then you'd have to wait as the customer bitches that the cashier should just ring up multiple separate transactions.
Right - I didn't think of that. They'd probably go through the entire checkbook ritual for each one, too.
Old 12-28-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Quatermass
And another thing- Why do they still have checks? Don't most banks issue debit cards with their checking accounts.
I use checks to pay bills, but I don't get why anyone would write one in line at a store. The few checkwriters out there seem to be calligraphists or something since it takes them 4 minutes to fill one out.

I like using self-checkout lines since I usually just grab a few things and want to get in-and-out. Before it used to not be a problem because everyone hated 'em, but now that people are more comfortable with self-checkout, they have no problem pulling up with a cartful of sixty things and spending a minute and a half scanning each one.
Old 12-28-05, 04:48 PM

an employee at macys was very nice and helpful to me. i thought to myself, "i should find her manager and and let him/her know what a good job she is doing"

then i thought to myself that this is what her job IS. people are so rude and bad at what they do lately that when someone actually does their job the way they should i should congratulate them?
Old 12-28-05, 04:49 PM

i've had it with these people. Two instances in the last two days where I have come across really rude people who are in customer service. The first one was at the 7-11 where I was standing near the lotto counter and looking through my purse for my credit card. I had money out along with several other things from my purse. All of a sudden this girl comes out from the back (they have a special line for lotto) and just picks up my money. I said "No" and she looks at me and says "What do you want?" I said nothing and she comes back with a rude, "Well, why are you standing here?" I was like uh, there is no one behind me and gave her the your a bitch look and walked away. Then today I go to return some makeup at the mall and sent me to customer service uptairs. This was due to the fact that I lost the debit card the item would be credited back on and had to give them a different card. So I go where it says customer service and the girl is looking at me saying she can't take cosmetics before I even explain what I am trying to do. She just stood there shaking her head no before I could even talk. Finally, I was like "Can you please stop shaking your head no at me." and left.
I am really starting to hate people. Seriously. I mean these people are in customer service, I don't care if they have sand in their vagina, put on an act if you are having a bad day or are just a miserable person. Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it off my chest!

First things first, you're a girl, right?

Chris
Old 12-28-05, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SoSpacey
an employee at macys was very nice and helpful to me. i thought to myself, "i should find her manager and and let him/her know what a good job she is doing"

then i thought to myself that this is what her job IS. people are so rude and bad at what they do lately that when someone actually does their job the way they should i should congratulate them?

If I come across someone that has gone out of their way to help me I will usually tell their superior if they are are near. I manage a restaurant and love it when people come up to me to compliment, not complain.
Old 12-28-05, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
First things first, you're a girl, right?

Chris

Last time I checked...
Old 12-28-05, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Last time I checked...
Can I check?
Old 12-28-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The problem is 9 out of 10 people are assholes. More and more through the years I have lost faith in humanity. I give people a chance and keep an open mind. Yes, sometimes people are OK, but really when it comes down to making an effort for someone else, people are too busy talking on their cellphones to slow down and give a shit about others. I agree. People in general suck.
Old 12-28-05, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I work in customer service and while I never condone rude behavior from my associates towards any customer. There are occasions where the customer brings it on themselves. Arguing about returns policies with the associate while they are merely trying to explain the policy to the customer, who either refuses to understand or can't comprehend what they are being told.

For instance, any special order placed at our store prints a "customer agreement" which clearly states " a 15% restocking fee applies if returned for any reason other than damage or defect" which we have the customer sign that they agree to those terms. Yet every customer who tries to return their special order just because they don't like it or changed their mind wants to argue about the restocking fee to the point that it always involves a manager that basically tells them the same thing.

Or then you have the customer who brings in a regular stock item to return without a reciept and gets bent that we can only give store credit at the current retail of that item.

I'm fairly sure these practices have been in place in most retail stores over the past few years yet it is always a surprise to these people.

No one can truly understand a customer service position unless they have worked one. I guarantee that your outlook to a certain extent will change and you might have a better understanding why at times associates may not always conduct themselves like they should. I'm not condoning their behavior, but it is more than the person just being nasty. It's usually because they have been verbally abused all day long which I think is tough for anyone to take and always have a smile on their face.
Old 12-28-05, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by saoirse
The problem is 9 out of 10 people are assholes. More and more through the years I have lost faith in humanity. I give people a chance and keep an open mind. Yes, sometimes people are OK, but really when it comes down to making an effort for someone else, people are too busy talking on their cellphones to slow down and give a shit about others. I agree. People in general suck.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I told my husband last year I wanted a shirt that says, "I hate people" and he got it for me. I haven't worn it yet but I am getting pretty close to getting up the guts. He wears it all the time and the funny thing is, he doen't hate people. Everyone always asks him if he does when he wears it and I told him next time someone asks just to tell them to F off.
Old 12-28-05, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm really sick of what has happened to the once easy-going hippies.
Old 12-28-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It all depends on where you live. In big cities people are assholes. Where I live in Hickville, USA people are so nice it makes you want to punch them in the face.
Old 12-28-05, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Numanoid
I'm really sick of what has happened to the once easy-going hippies.

Careful, she might tell you to 'F' off.

Chris
Old 12-28-05, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower
It all depends on where you live. In big cities people are assholes. Where I live in Hickville, USA people are so nice it makes you want to punch them in the face.
So then you (not you) become the asshole?

Chris
Old 12-28-05, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

, I don't care if they have sand in their vagina
Well someone from this story definitely has sand in their vagina.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.