Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever skiied Taos,New Mexico (in March)?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 12-24-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad, sister, and I are panning a ski trip ifor March and Taos is the closest. If so how was the snow terrain and the nightlife (if any)?
Old 12-25-05, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Taos can piss off. They don't allow snowboarding, so they'll never get my money.

Enjoy your times there though.
Old 12-25-05, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I go to Taos every year. I ski 7 days in Taos then drive up to Wolf Creek for 2-3 days. We always go the end of January.

Taos is in the "Desert Southwest" so snow is hit or miss. Unfortunately for the past five years we have been is has been miss more times then not. Yes we are going Jan '06 and it looks like a really bad year. Hopefully by March it will be nice.

Have you been to Taos before? Why pick there? It is a somewhat unique mountain. As mentioned, no boarding allowed (which I like). It is a steep, and they have an awesome ski school. Their Ski Better Week is literally world known. It is a small village that pretty much rolls up its streets by 10:30 or so, but still plenty of places to grab a cold one. It does not compare to most other resorts (especially Colorado) for Apres Ski stuff, but again many like that. Taos is above all a SKI mountain and everything else comes second.

Be sure and get a green chili cheese burger and beer at Tim's Stray Dog...yummmy

edit: If you are going for more then a couple of days, be sure and get a Taos Card. I think they are $35 and will save you $10 a day on lift tickets and get you discounts on rentals and even some resturants.

Last edited by Sdallnct; 12-25-05 at 02:07 PM.