DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   4 year old Black girl destroys logans steak house. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/447955-4-year-old-black-girl-destroys-logans-steak-house.html)

covenant 12-07-05 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Well, I guess this is all better than <a href = 'http://www.shtick.org/Misc/ryans.htm'>destroying the bathroom at a Ryan's Steakhouse</a>.
-popcorn-

thanks for the link...I haven't seen that story in years!!

Y2K Falcon 12-07-05 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by covenant
thanks for the link...I haven't seen that story in years!!

You're welcome.

The classics are always the best...

bralph 12-07-05 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Wooderson
Plus your date don't want no chicken.

Unless she's black :rimshot:

Mrs. Danger 12-07-05 11:18 AM

Too bad no one lured the girl into the manger's office with a cookie, and then called to cops to report an abandoned child.

Xander 12-07-05 11:28 AM

I think white people are bad dancers.

Wait, what are we talking about again?

Just remember...

Originally Posted by Avenue Q
Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes.

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/avenu...ebitracist.htm

kvrdave 12-07-05 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by gmal2003
This is why I choose not to befriend white people. Seriously. If I have friends that are white, which I do, they initiiated it. Otherwise, I tend to keep to myself because of the "mere observations" they like to make.

I tthought we were friends. :(

But I love this thread :up: It's almost like you killed a dog or something. Did you? Cause that would be awesome.

The Infidel 12-07-05 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by skiblet
White people are bad dancers. Orientals are bad drivers, and rude. Black people get too loud in public. Does that make me racist to say that ?

I made a thread a while back in Adult about "Oriental" girls, and all people wanted to do was bitch about my use of that term, so it truly surprises me that nobody has bitched a lot more about this before now (not that I'm bitching). Go figure.

General Zod 12-07-05 12:50 PM

:lol: :lol: Man this has been the best thread.. I give Skiblet a huge :up: for putting up with all the crap slung his way for daring to use the word "black" a few times. Oh the horror. Oh the shame.

Charlie Goose 12-07-05 12:55 PM

Poor skiblet, he didn't expect this dogpile I reckon.

Anyway, I will admit that I am prejudiced.
Not against blacks, whites, yellows, or any colors of the rainbow, but against OPC.
That stands for Other People's Children. Keep them away from me at all times. I would never have sat there and been victimized by the little terror in a million years. The day I allow OPC to put their grubby little talons in my food or otherwise ruin my meal without speaking up is the day they stick me in a pine box. I will, and have on many occasions, tell the idiot parents to put a leash on their little savage and complained to the manager of the establishment.

Minor Threat 12-07-05 01:02 PM

I wonder if skiblet took his date to SAMBOS for breakfast the next day!?!?!?!?

Tracer Bullet 12-07-05 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
A new race of carpet people.

http://img.engadget.com/common/image...11636178412834

chente 12-07-05 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Minor Threat
I wonder if skiblet took his date to SAMBOS for breakfast the next day!?!?!?!?

I haven't seen a Sambos in something like 30 years. Are there still any around?

Minor Threat 12-07-05 01:10 PM

Nope - they were RACIST!!!!!!!!!!

Groucho 12-07-05 01:57 PM

Looks like one Sambo's is still around.

adamblast 12-07-05 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho

I had no idea! And it's nearby!

Quake1028 12-07-05 02:16 PM

Page 1 and pages 5 and 6 brought the funny. I will pretend the other pages don't exist.

The Bus 12-07-05 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
I made a thread a while back in Adult about "Oriental" girls, and all people wanted to do was bitch about my use of that term, so it truly surprises me that nobody has bitched a lot more about this before now (not that I'm bitching). Go figure.

"Orientals" is the same as talking about "retards" or "cripples" or "the homos" or "colored people."

You have the right to do it. But you'll sound terribly ignorant.

chente 12-07-05 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho

In Santa Barbara. Interesting.

Green Smurf 12-07-05 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Poor skiblet, he didn't expect this dogpile I reckon.

Anyway, I will admit that I am prejudiced.
Not against blacks, whites, yellows, or any colors of the rainbow, but against OPC.
That stands for Other People's Children. Keep them away from me at all times. I would never have sat there and been victimized by the little terror in a million years. The day I allow OPC to put their grubby little talons in my food or otherwise ruin my meal without speaking up is the day they stick me in a pine box. I will, and have on many occasions, tell the idiot parents to put a leash on their little savage and complained to the manager of the establishment.

I have to agree about the OPC. If I'm at a nice restraunt where everything is ala carte people need to get a babysitter for the kids. It's amazing how some people expect everyone else to take care of their kids.

PacMan2006 12-07-05 03:46 PM

Skiblet, a couple things for you...

Don't you think the restaurant in particular was part of the reason for the behavior? I highly doubt had this been a more upper class restaurant that you would've had the same experience if black people been eating there. So, race in that case shouldn't factor in.

Second, had these people been white...would you have mentioned their race in the story? I honestly don't think you would've. So race shouldn't be a factor within your story there, either.

Lastly, how does race play a factor overall in your story? It's not so much that you mentioned that they were black, but that it was completely irrelevant to the story and its outcome. Now, if you mentioned they were black and got thrown out of the restaurant and they complained it was due to their being race...then I'd get you. If they were being loud and some white person said, "hey, shut up you *******"...then I get you. But, it just really seems that you throw it in there for no reason other than to support, maybe even subconsciously, your stereotypical views.

Sure, they were black...but so what? If this is your mentality, why don't you ALSO come here and post about situations where you go to restaurants and black people act completely fine without any problems?

Goldblum 12-07-05 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by skiblet
I saw something pretty outrageous tonight at dinner. I took a date to logans (in case you dont know, Logans is a super-trashy peanuts-on-the-floor steakhouse), and we were seated
in the WORST possible spot in the restaurante, next to two tables pushed together of black women, and they
were all getting extremly trashed! They were so loud and obnoxious that i could tell about half the time my date couldnt
even hear what i was saying, because they were laughing so loud. People were staring. I knew that at any minute
the manager would come out and ask them if they would hold it down a bit. But that never happened. They had a little girl with them
about 3-4 years old.

Now also in this section there were 3 other tables, at one table there was a really elderly couple. They couldnt have
possibly looked any nicer. Very elderly, like late 60s early 70s. Like a picture perfect postcard of grandma and grandpa.
They sat beside each other, very close. Not talking, just enjoying their dinner in silence. (or trying to, lol)

At another table there was a large group, having a birthday party. They had cake on the table, and were passing it around.

At the other talbe was a group of average looking guys, just enjoying their steak dinner.

So, about 10 minutes into dinner, the little girl decides to leave the black women, and go sit down at the table with the
elderly couple. I had a front row seat of this whole thing, and she was there at LEAST 20 minutes.. This little girl
would take things off their plate and eat them. She would hand pick the womans croutons off of her salad!
. She stood up on their table once! She took the womans drink away from her
and drank out of it. At one point she took most of the napkins out of their napkin holder and arranged them
for the couple on the table. LOL! They just sat there helpless!! I didnt know what to do, should I say something?
I just couldnt believe my eyes, plus it was really funny, so i just kept watching. Surely the couple would say something
any minute now OR the little girls mom would reign her in.
The black women were so trashed and oblivious to this that they didnt even see it. I think at one point one of the
more obnoxious ones stood up and yelled, "keisha get yo ass over here now". I couldnt believe what was crazier ;
that the couple never did anything, or that the black women would just allow it to go on as normal. The little girl
took her shoes off and used her tiny feet as a makeshift broom to push all the discarded peanut shells TOWARDS
the old couples table. I was like, oh my god, are they really not watching this?

So then she takes a break from them, and walks straight over to the table with the cake grabs a plate of cake off
of their table, and walks back to the black women and sits down and starts eating it. So the mother of that table
with the cake gets up and storms over and says in a bitchy voice " You know, i didnt give her that she just took it!",
to which the black girls mother replied "Aight, whatevah!"

So then after that, the little girl started to pick out choice peanut shells off the floor and take them to the guys table , and leave
them on their table, like presents, and she would turn around and they would laugh and knock them back off. Then
she would repeat the process. They were luckily just leaving so they were spared too much of this. I noticed that FINALLY
our waiter came around and said, "would yo ulike your check?", and i thought, yes please as fast as you can bring it. As i realized that we were the last table left - I was mortified that it would now be our turn

So as we're getting ready to leave, the black women get up and get ready to leave, and the little girl runs over to the
old couple and plops herself right down in their booth, and refuses to move, for at LEAST 4-5 minutes. The mom was like,
"Come Ai-esha letsgo NOW!, you want to stay with these people, aight, fine, i ain play'n wit chu!" Fionally they all left,
and i just felt so bad for that old couple i wantted to go over there and say something to them. . . but just couldnt
think of anything good. Now i feel kinda bad thinking about it, because i think i should have probably stepped up and said
something. But it was just too crazy, and funny.

What would you have done?

I want to laugh, but it's just so sad. :(

Ah, what the hell. :lol:

Goldblum 12-07-05 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
As a person who waited tables at Applebee's in college, I can tell you black people overwhelmingly tended to be loud, lousy tippers. That's not to say it was the case 100% of the time, but if you had to guess the outcome when they came into the restaurant, it would be a fairly safe bet.

You pointed out an obervation. Therefore, you must be racist.

naughty jonny 12-07-05 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Venusian
I thought this would be an article about a girl setting a restaurant on fire too.

Chalk up another one.

If Skiblet isn't in the reporting game already, then I can see a long career that he's missing out on.

<b>Black Girl, 4, destroys restaurant</b> will sell far more copy than <b>Girl, 4, sits with old folk while parent looks on</b>.

Actually, the funniest thing about the post was this though:

I took a date to logans (in case you dont know, Logans is a super-trashy peanuts-on-the-floor steakhouse)
If you thought it a "super-trashy" steakhouse, why on earth would you take a date there? Masochism? You aren't expecting date+1 to occur and figured that you might as well take her to the worst place you could find?

Fok 12-07-05 05:14 PM

Well the little girl is a fucking bitch just like her mom. I would of spoken to the staff and let them deal with it.

Goldblum 12-07-05 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Fok
Well the little girl is a fucking bitch just like her mom. I would of spoken to the staff and let them deal with it.

Seriously. And why didn't the old people say anything? From my experience, old people are the ones most likely to complain about every little thing.

I must be a bigot. Get the shackles.