DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   4 year old Black girl destroys logans steak house. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/447955-4-year-old-black-girl-destroys-logans-steak-house.html)

dork 12-07-05 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by skiblet
It also could have been moneisha.

I'm not editing my post.

skiblet 12-07-05 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by nevermind
Yet you included (and even capitalized) the word black in your thread title.

Would you believe , your honor, that that is strictly a typographical error with regards to the capitalizaion?

LiquidSky 12-07-05 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Brain Stew
I prefer to think that the reason someone is an asshole is because they are an asshole, not because they are black.

:thumbsup:

nevermind 12-07-05 09:07 AM

Would you believe , your honor, that that is strictly a typographical error?

Not at all.

Typographical would be 4 year old Balck girl destroys logans steak house.

just saw your edit: Yes I could believe it was typographical. It still had no business being in your title or post if you expect me to believe this:

I would like to make a comment on that, i think that is half way correct. It doesnt have anything to do with your SKIN COLOR, buta lot more to do with your environment, your culture, and your family values/upbringing, etc..

I wrote the story because I was appalled that what i saw was totally normal and acceptable to one family, but was embarrassing and an obnoxious freakshow to the rest of our half of the restaurant.

Turd Ferguson 12-07-05 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
So, did the girlfriend dump the racist, cheap OP that wouldn't even stand up to some obnoxious 4-year old?

"Standing up to" that 4-year old would get you a fake nail scratch that would require a shot. Avoiding shitty chain restaurants is the better strategy.

Puzznic 12-07-05 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Numanoid
This story has NOTHING to do with race. It has to do with people who are unwilling or unable to control their children. Bad parenting and rude social behavior are learned traits. The rude people in this story are rude because they have been raised to be rude by other rude people. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE.

Do you think there is a gene inherent to black people that causes them to be rude? Come on. There are just as many rude white people (acutally probably way more) as well as other races. It's simple nature vs. nurture. If you seriously believe that the amount of melatonin in a person's skin has anything to do with their ability to behave well in social situations, then sorry, but you're a racist.

What i said was just in response to the discussion of the thread up until that point more than the original story.

Of course there are alot of rude white people but there are alot more white people in general. Stereotypes start to creep in when you see high percentages of a said race doing something.

I never said it has anything to do with the amount of melatonin in someone's skin. It could also be cultural and many other reasons. The reason or cause doesn't really change anything.

dork 12-07-05 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
Rude is rude, and poor parenting is poor parenting. However, skib's description painted a very detailed image of the people involved.

Yeah, it made me imagine Halle Berry, Tina Turner, Maya Angelou and Condoleezza Rice all eating potato skins together.

skiblet 12-07-05 09:11 AM

You know what would have made this thread more interesting - and way more volatile (lol)

Is if i had told the story with no mention whatsoever of any color or race or any "clues", and then at the END of the story to take a poll , of all viewers, to vote on whether or not they thought the women were white. . . or black.

Comments ?

maxfisher 12-07-05 09:16 AM

A couple weeks ago, I went to dinner at a fairly nice local restaurant to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. There were 6 tables, each seating roughly 8 people, in the room we were dining in and a pretty bizarre scenario unfolded.

These fairly trashy looking white people at one of the tables had a kid, probably about 2 years old, that started screaming his fucking head off. The mom told him to be quiet once or twice and then just gave up. Her solution? She turned his highchair around so he was facing away from the table. Of course, this just caused the little bastard to scream even louder. I mean, it was the loudest I've ever heard a kid scream in public, if not anywhere. Just amazing.

After he goes on for about 10 minutes, literally, his mother gets up and drags the high chair across the room and positions him so he's facing the wall. At this point, he's actually closer to another table than he is to the one with his family. She just leaves him there, screaming his ass off while they continue to eat. By now, every other party in the room is giving them dirty looks and multiple people have complained to their waitress and asked to speak to a manager. I finally got up and went to talk to the manager and he told me that he was sorry but there was nothing he could do and it wasn't the restaurant's policy to discriminate against people with young children.

Anyway, after the little kid (who, if you've forgotten, was white) went on for a total of close to 20 minutes, the other patrons started hurling insults at the family. It started with people coughing and saying shit under their breath and quickly escalated to yelling stuff like 'Shut the kid up or take him outside you idiot.' It was hilarious. And the people yelling the insults were for the most part, nicely-dressed, classy looking people. After just a couple minutes of people yelling things, the lady finally retrieved her kid from where she'd positioned him along the wall and the whole family left. They got a standing ovation as they exited. I've never seen anything like that happen in a restaurant.

dork 12-07-05 09:17 AM

"Melatonin"? :hscratch:

Wooderson 12-07-05 09:19 AM

Shiblet, are you scared of black people because it sure sounds like it. Hey I'll give it to you that some of those black women can whoop almost any white man's ass but for you do nothing, even just sneeking off and telling the manager without anyone knowing is what you should have done. Trust me, when you are in you 60's that couple sitting there just taking it will be YOU. Plus you just showed your date your a whimp and she will never look at you as her protecter only as a chicken and she don't want no chicken.

dork 12-07-05 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by maxfisher
A couple weeks ago, I went to dinner at a fairly nice local restaurant to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. There were 6 tables, each seating roughly 8 people, in the room we were dining in and a pretty bizarre scenario unfolded.

These fairly trashy looking white people at one of the tables had a kid, probably about 2 years old, that started screaming his fucking head off. The mom told him to be quiet once or twice and then just gave up. Her solution? She turned his highchair around so he was facing away from the table. Of course, this just caused the little bastard to scream even louder. I mean, it was the loudest I've ever heard a kid scream in public, if not anywhere. Just amazing.

After he goes on for about 10 minutes, literally, his mother gets up and drags the high chair across the room and positions him so he's facing the wall. At this point, he's actually closer to another table than he is to the one with his family. She just leaves him there, screaming his ass off while they continue to eat. By now, every other party in the room is giving them dirty looks and multiple people have complained to their waitress and asked to speak to a manager. I finally got up and went to talk to the manager and he told me that he was sorry but there was nothing he could do and it wasn't the restaurant's policy to discriminate against people with young children.

Anyway, after the little kid (who, if you've forgotten, was white) went on for a total of close to 20 minutes, the other patrons started hurling insults at the family. It started with people coughing and saying shit under their breath and quickly escalated to yelling stuff like 'Shut the kid up or take him outside you idiot.' It was hilarious. And the people yelling the insults were for the most part, nicely-dressed, classy looking people. After just a couple minutes of people yelling things, the lady finally retrieved her kid from where she'd positioned him along the wall and the whole family left. They got a standing ovation as they exited. I've never seen anything like that happen in a restaurant.

I voted that the trashy people were black.

skiblet 12-07-05 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by maxfisher

Score one for Blacks (well against whites).

BLACKS: 1
WHITEY: 1

skiblet 12-07-05 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Wooderson
Shiblet, are you scared of black people because it sure sounds like it. Hey I'll give it to you that some of those black women can whoop almost any white man's ass but for you do nothing, even just sneeking off and telling the manager without anyone knowing is what you should have done. Trust me, when you are in you 60's that couple sitting there just taking it will be YOU. Plus you just showed your date your a whimp and she will never look at you as her protecter only as a chicken and she don't want no chicken.

Did you READ the story? I mean, yeh i felt sorta bad for the couple, but it was HILLARIOUS. it was too funny to go get the manager. (plus i wouldnt want to get shot in the parking lot, etc.)

Numanoid 12-07-05 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Puzznic
I never said it has anything to do with the amount of melatonin in someone's skin. It could also be cultural and many other reasons. The reason or cause doesn't really change anything.

Yes it does. If that were the case, the word black would have been replaced by "member of a differing socio-economic class and/or cultural stratum"...all EIGHT times it was mentioned.

TheNightFlier 12-07-05 09:22 AM

Did you READ the story? I mean, yeh i felt sorta bad for the couple, but it was HILLARIOUS. it was too funny to go get the manager. I mean she was picking the croutons out of her salad and eating them.

Hilarious to who? A 13 year old?

Minor Threat 12-07-05 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Wooderson

Sheer fucking Texass poetry.....

RoyalTea 12-07-05 09:25 AM

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

skiblet 12-07-05 09:25 AM

well , it wasnt too hilarious to the old couple who sat there quietly like victims for over 20 minutes.

Ok, sorry - IM AN A HOLE because i was entertained by that. IF they were really bothered they could have just gotten up and moved., but they didnt so oh well. the show continued on.

Come on you people can insult me better than this -

Venusian 12-07-05 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
Rude is rude, and poor parenting is poor parenting. However, skib's description painted a very detailed image of the people involved.

then why didn't we get the race of the other people involved?

Numanoid 12-07-05 09:27 AM

Come on you people can insult me better than this -

Ahhh, I see now.

-notrolls-

The Bus 12-07-05 09:28 AM

Did you READ the story? I mean, yeh i felt sorta bad for the couple, but it was HILLARIOUS. it was too funny to go get the manager. (plus i wouldnt want to get shot in the parking lot, etc.)

That explains all the :lol: and rotfl as reponses to your story. It's a Certified Laff Riot™

The Bus 12-07-05 09:29 AM

Ok, sorry - IM AN A HOLE because i was entertained by that.

Your thread title is not "4 year old Black girl entertains me at cheap steak joint."

JasonF 12-07-05 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by tasha99
A few days ago I spent almost half an hour on a call looking for the very cheapest Caribbean cruise possible--one that had a senior discount AND was valid for a couple of coupons. The customer's name was Mrs. McGregor.

To be fair, Mrs. McGregor was her married name -- her maiden name was Goldstein.

skiblet 12-07-05 09:30 AM

well it was funny for a second, until someone shoved the race card back up my ass.