DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   4 year old Black girl destroys logans steak house. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/447955-4-year-old-black-girl-destroys-logans-steak-house.html)

tasha99 12-17-05 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Damfino
OK, here's my own favorite restaurant horror story from the Circus Circus buffet in Las Vegas circa 1988 (don't judge me, I was poor back then)...

This white family comes in with 6 children ranging from 0-10 years of age. The kids are unruly except for the sleeping baby. The parents actually did try to keep them in line but then the baby starts crying. Mom was quick to find the problem and proceeded to change the baby right there on the table! It's a boy! They even left the soiled diaper on the floor under the table while they finished eating!

Sounds almost like my restaurant horror story. I was eating at a Chinese restaurant in Anjongni, South Korea, and a couple of old Korean people came in with a baby. The baby had nothing but a top on, and when he had to pee, they held him up and let him pee in the aisle between our tables. It was a boy too, and though I gave him no points for his aim, he had some power behind that spray. His grandma and grandpa laughed at how cute his going wee wee in the restaurant was.

True story. I just left after that since I was pretty grossed out. Guys pee in the streets in Korea (or at least they did where I was in the 80's (not to generalize), but I thought inside a restaurant was pushing it.

dork 12-17-05 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by tasha99
Sounds almost like my restaurant horror story. I was eating at a Chinese restaurant in Anjongni, South Korea, and a couple of old Korean people came in with a baby. The baby had nothing but a top on, and when he had to pee, they held him up and let him pee in the aisle between our tables. It was a boy too, and though I gave him no points for his aim, he had some power behind that spray. His grandma and grandpa laughed at how cute his going wee wee in the restaurant was.

True story. I just left after that since I was pretty grossed out. Guys pee in the streets in Korea (or at least they did where I was in the 80's (not to generalize), but I thought inside a restaurant was pushing it.

I heard they also think it's funny to do that in your Coke.

tasha99 12-17-05 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by dork
I heard they also think it's funny to do that in your Coke.

Uh, that's China. -ohbfrank-

The Bus 12-19-05 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
Ain't that the truth,

About two minutes before the movie a man and women walked in with about a 5-6 year old boy and sat in front of me. Now this is a rated R film with scenes of rape, fighting, shooting, killing, language, etc. Not only did they let this little kid run free, but at one point the bad guy in the movie says some like "I'm going to kill all your women", guess what the little kids does? Starts yelling "kill all your women, kill all your women". And the "parents" laugh and then try to keep him quite. But of course after the parents laugh, he keeps going an going!

Hard to do in an empty theatre, but in a crowded theatre, just yell at the parents. One time I yelled "Take that baby out of here!" --- there was a few seconds of stunned silence, then clapping. We all enjoyed the movie.

dieinafire 12-10-07 12:42 PM

Sorry about bumping, but I don't think anyone asked this in the whole thread, did the OP end up getting laid that night? That would explain this girls standards a little bit.

superdeluxe 12-10-07 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by skiblet

What would you have done?

I would have left and got the manager to take care of the situation. If I was in a decent mood, I would have let the black women know, but I am sure they would have done the 'whatevah'.

Then I would escalate.

MBoyd 12-10-07 01:10 PM

oh my, it's back . . .:lol:

acubfaninmd 12-10-07 01:13 PM

when i saw thread title i was expecting a story of a black girl actually destroying a steak house by maybe burning it down with matches or something. what a surpise did i get.

General Zod 12-10-07 01:15 PM

For those of you not wanting to read the whole thread and just want a quick visual synopsis.. I bring you, from page 10, this amazing graphic by j_sutton:

http://www.redstep.net/files/skib.jpg

Charlie Goose 12-10-07 01:45 PM

http://www.charliegoose.homestead.co.../threaddie.jpg

And it sure is a good thing we've managed to tame our blacks in the last two years.

al_bundy 12-10-07 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Damfino
OK, here's my own favorite restaurant horror story from the Circus Circus buffet in Las Vegas circa 1988 (don't judge me, I was poor back then)...

This white family comes in with 6 children ranging from 0-10 years of age. The kids are unruly except for the sleeping baby. The parents actually did try to keep them in line but then the baby starts crying. Mom was quick to find the problem and proceeded to change the baby right there on the table! It's a boy! They even left the soiled diaper on the floor under the table while they finished eating!

that's nothing

one time i was eating a burger and someone started shooting up insulin a few tables away. made me puke

criptik28 12-10-07 05:52 PM

Man oh man, how did I miss this thread?

My quick hits:

Using a person's race in a story to help improve descriptions only makes sense if you do it consistently. Focusing on one particular race is a little questionable.

Please do not use the term "Oriental" unless you're talking about carpets, vases, food, etc.

There seem to be way too many Caucasians here at DVDTalk (or just in this thread). :) More than the average in the US, I'd wager. Wonder why?

Asians are bad at driving? Please. If you're going to stereotype, at least use one that's more generally accepted. Good at math. Good at playing piano/violin. Small penis. Nerdy. Whatever.

ukywyldcat 12-10-07 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod

I can't imagine the what the fallout would have been had I drawn that pic and posted it. Classic, though. :lol:

4KRG 12-10-07 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by criptik28
Asians are bad at driving? Please. If you're going to stereotype, at least use one that's more generally accepted.

That must be why if you google up "asians can't drive" there are seemingly endless hits :lol:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22as...&start=10&sa=N

but if you google the phrase "germans can't drive" it brings up 3 hits

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...n%27t+drive%22

I think it is generally accepted.

;)

NotThatGuy 12-10-07 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Venusian
maybe not racist, but certainly ignorant to try to generalize millions of people into bad dancers, bad drivers, rude, and loud.

Yeah, leave the white, asians, old, and black people stereotypes out of it!!

God...I loved this thread. I'm just re-reading for a good laugh.

-p

criptik28 12-10-07 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by 4KRG
That must be why if you google up "asians can't drive" there are seemingly endless hits :lol:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22as...&start=10&sa=N

I can say as an Asian I've never heard of that. The other ones I mentioned? Almost weekly. :)

Mordred 12-10-07 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by criptik28
I can say as an Asian I've never heard of that. The other ones I mentioned? Almost weekly. :)

That's shocking. At least here that's a stereotype (sadly often true) you hear rather frequently. My wife is half asian so we joke that she got the good driving genes.

dork 12-10-07 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mordred
My wife is half asian

So she's so-so at math, plays piano badly, and has a medium-sized penis?

4KRG 12-10-07 06:52 PM

You can not argue with GOOGLE!!!! ;)

(and no, I am not going to google "asian small penis" ;) )

criptik28 12-10-07 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by dork
So she's so-so at math, plays piano badly, and has a medium-sized penis?

rotfl 5/5

Gizmo 12-10-07 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod
For those of you not wanting to read the whole thread and just want a quick visual synopsis.. I bring you, from page 10, this amazing graphic by j_sutton:

http://www.redstep.net/files/skib.jpg

Love the watermelon!

NotThatGuy 12-10-07 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by joltaddict
That would be the best forum word filter ever.

Do *NOT* give tila access to the forum word filter!!!

-p

Sorraffy 12-10-07 08:44 PM

if this statement was said to start with, your entire story about a bad outing would have been made a lot easier to convey with less fuss

"I went to Logan's Steak House tonight and encountered the following within a 10 foot range: 4 year old kid with parents who don't need to be parents"

that pretty much tells your story in a much simplified manner

Lara Means 12-11-07 12:21 AM

Black people are so funny.

Joe Molotov 12-11-07 12:57 AM

Can we get an update, has reconstruction started on Logan's Steakhouse yet?