DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   4 year old Black girl destroys logans steak house. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/447955-4-year-old-black-girl-destroys-logans-steak-house.html)

Sdallnct 12-11-05 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by bballing
Bad parents suck.

Ain't that the truth,

Last night I went to the mall to walk around a little and decided to see a movie. The next movie was Derailed with Jennifer Aniston. I know it got mixed reviews (at best), but thought what the heck.

About two minutes before the movie a man and women walked in with about a 5-6 year old boy and sat in front of me. Now this is a rated R film with scenes of rape, fighting, shooting, killing, language, etc. Not only did they let this little kid run free, but at one point the bad guy in the movie says some like "I'm going to kill all your women", guess what the little kids does? Starts yelling "kill all your women, kill all your women". And the "parents" laugh and then try to keep him quite. But of course after the parents laugh, he keeps going an going!

Also strange at the movie is that two people behind me walked in with a large pizza. WTF? Just a weird overall experience.

The movie? Oh, nothing great, but not as bad as the reviews say, IMHO.

qpid 12-11-05 09:56 PM

I've been here for 5 min trying to think of something funny to add to this but I can't

I hate you all...

NotThatGuy 12-11-05 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
...decided to see a movie.
...Not only did they let this little kid run free, but at one point the bad guy in the movie says some like "I'm going to kill all your women", guess what the little kids does? Starts yelling "kill all your women, kill all your women". And the "parents" laugh and then try to keep him quite. But of course after the parents laugh, he keeps going an going!

A HUGE reason why I rarely go and see movies. If I do, I go to a later show. I don't put up with people's crap. Just because you can tune your kids out...doesn't mean I can!!

(Ironically, I probably come off as someone who can't stand kids....that isn't the case, I can't stand kids who have shitty parents!)

-p

PhYbEr 12-11-05 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by pedagogue

(Ironically, I probably come off as someone who can't stand kids....that isn't the case, I can't stand kids who have shitty parents!)

-p

Be careful in this thread! It sounds to me like your making a generalization! Are you saying that all kids who have crappy parents are bad? I guess it's ok since you didn't tell us what ethnicity they were...

NotThatGuy 12-11-05 11:37 PM

I obviously meant pigmy-nordics with a 3rd uncle who was italian! Those people make horrible parents!! ;)

-p

mndtrp 12-12-05 12:27 AM

Good thread. Definately the most enjoyable one where someone posts something, and there are 5 pages of racist screaming afterwards.

clsmooth71 12-12-05 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I'm sorry that your night out was ruined by a bratty kid and irresponsible adults but I'm just wondering why you are mentioning the fact that they were black. I don't think that type of behaviour is just exclusive to black people. :shrug:

besides that ^^^^^ so how exactly did the "4 year old Black girl destroy logans steak house???" -rolleyes-

DRG 12-12-05 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
About two minutes before the movie a man and women walked in with about a 5-6 year old boy and sat in front of me. Now this is a rated R film with scenes of rape, fighting, shooting, killing, language, etc. Not only did they let this little kid run free, but at one point the bad guy in the movie says some like "I'm going to kill all your women", guess what the little kids does? Starts yelling "kill all your women, kill all your women". And the "parents" laugh and then try to keep him quite. But of course after the parents laugh, he keeps going an going!

Well don't leave us hanging! What color were they???

;)

DRG 12-12-05 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by mike7162
I saw a white child kick his father in the nads while sitting in a shopping cart and scream "I hate you, you bastard!" because he woudn't buy him a candy bar.

I saw a latino child slap her mother on the ass because she wouldn't respond to her repeated calls of "Mommy"

I saw a black child walk down an aisle in a supermarket and systematically knock down every item he could get his hand on

I saw two asian children (twins maybe) run in circles in a very crowded and active restaurant parking lot

"And we end on the logo: United Colors of Benetton. So, how was the commercial pitch?"

latenight 12-12-05 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by clsmooth71
besides that ^^^^^ so how exactly did the "4 year old Black girl destroy logans steak house???" -rolleyes-

She destroyed their reputation and probably cost them a star or two.

latenight 12-12-05 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod
Of all the people i've known who's been a waiter or waitress they've all told me that blacks are the rudest, loudest, and worst tippers overall. So I don't think you are alone in your observation.

As a waiter, bar tender and one who has had waitresses; my personal experience in this area backs up this statement.

latenight 12-12-05 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Of all the the black people I've spoken to, they've all told me that whites are the most likely to lynch.

Actually that was true in the past. However this practice has been hampered of late, which may explain why the 4 year old was running wild.

latenight 12-12-05 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Numanoid
This story has NOTHING to do with race. It has to do with people who are unwilling or unable to control their children. Bad parenting and rude social behavior are learned traits. The rude people in this story are rude because they have been raised to be rude by other rude people. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE.

Do you think there is a gene inherent to black people that causes them to be rude? Come on. There are just as many rude white people (acutally probably way more) as well as other races. It's simple nature vs. nurture. If you seriously believe that the amount of melatonin in a person's skin has anything to do with their ability to behave well in social situations, then sorry, but you're a racist.

Why "way more"? Actually there are more dark skinned humans on this planet than white. I would think it would be the other way around.

latenight 12-12-05 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by skiblet
Did you READ the story? I mean, yeh i felt sorta bad for the couple, but it was HILLARIOUS. it was too funny to go get the manager. (plus i wouldnt want to get shot in the parking lot, etc.)

Yea thats right. All black people carry firearms just to shoot people that correct their behavior.

latenight 12-12-05 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Skiblet, a couple things for you...

Don't you think the restaurant in particular was part of the reason for the behavior? I highly doubt had this been a more upper class restaurant that you would've had the same experience if black people been eating there. So, race in that case shouldn't factor in. ( so I should expect this type of behavior whenever I go to a cheap eatery?)

Second, had these people been white...would you have mentioned their race in the story? I honestly don't think you would've. So race shouldn't be a factor within your story there, either.(Knowing Skibby as do I would say yes)

Lastly, how does race play a factor overall in your story? It's not so much that you mentioned that they were black, but that it was completely irrelevant to the story and its outcome. Now, if you mentioned they were black and got thrown out of the restaurant and they complained it was due to their being race...then I'd get you. If they were being loud and some white person said, "hey, shut up you *******"...then I get you. But, it just really seems that you throw it in there for no reason other than to support, maybe even subconsciously, your stereotypical views. (it plays a larger factor. apparently this behavior is frequent and is an area of common ground from which to converse)

Sure, they were black...but so what? If this is your mentality, why don't you ALSO come here and post about situations where you go to restaurants and black people act completely fine without any problems?

( why? because that is not entertaining. lets see a news cast where they show a busy intersection with no accidents)

latenight 12-12-05 12:59 PM

Sorry for all the post. Just trying to catch up

Seantn 12-12-05 01:32 PM

Yea thats right. All black people carry firearms just to shoot people that correct their behavior.
Seriously??? ALL of them? Damn, I need to start watching my back.

Damfino 12-12-05 03:54 PM

OK, here's my own favorite restaurant horror story from the Circus Circus buffet in Las Vegas circa 1988 (don't judge me, I was poor back then)...

This white family comes in with 6 children ranging from 0-10 years of age. The kids are unruly except for the sleeping baby. The parents actually did try to keep them in line but then the baby starts crying. Mom was quick to find the problem and proceeded to change the baby right there on the table! It's a boy! They even left the soiled diaper on the floor under the table while they finished eating!

Flashback 12-12-05 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Damfino
(don't judge me, I was poor black then)...

:horse:

PrincessT 12-12-05 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Chicken & Watermelon? Score!

I pictured white guys with that comb forward haircut with 6 little hairs over the forehead sticking up. You know, that hip original look that 95% of the male population under 20 wear.

Wow, nobody's bashed on you for a wide-sweeping generalization based on age. And I'm not gonna start! It's like the anime-hair-wanna-be-but-don't-have-enough-gel-to-go-further look.

Sdallnct 12-12-05 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
Well don't leave us hanging! What color were they???

;)

French

clsmooth71 12-17-05 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by clsmooth71
besides that ^^^^^ so how exactly did the "4 year old Black girl destroy logans steak house???"

Originally Posted by latenight
She destroyed their reputation and probably cost them a star or two.

http://maxe.ausgamers.com/images/*****_please.jpg

:rolleyes:

suziq999 12-17-05 08:55 AM

Jeez, I haven't been here or posted in months because I thought it was getting a little boring around here! However this thread is entirely too entertaining. I must check in more often.

NotThatGuy 12-17-05 09:34 AM

That'll learn ya to ignore dvdtalk! And after that learnin', ya gotta track down that family and learn them too! ;)

-p