DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Anyone here have a Motorola Razr V3? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/445666-anyone-here-have-motorola-razr-v3.html)

King Voodoo 11-17-05 08:35 PM

Anyone here have a Motorola Razr V3?

I am thinking of gettnig one and I want to know if you can make your own ringers with the video camera. i.e. video a friend and then make that video the ringer when they call. If you know please sell me on this phone cause i want one. thanks.

Mookysdad 11-17-05 10:02 PM

I'd suggest you take a look at HowardForums.

There are forums for all of the mobile phone manufacturers and service providers. Once you wade through all the crap posts, there is some good information to be had.

Best of luck.

tsohg 11-17-05 11:09 PM

I have one and I *think* you can. I know you can have a persons picture show up when they call. When I get home I'll dig out my manual and confirm.

Ergyu 11-17-05 11:13 PM

I have one. Nope, you can't do that. You can make MP3 ringtones on your computer and transfer them with bluetooth or a generic USB adapter. The video on these things sucks ass anyway, especially compared to my roommates LG. The phone works very well though, and is a quite solid for how thin it is. Multimedia isn't it's strong point though.

tsohg 11-17-05 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ergyu
I have one. Nope, you can't do that. You can make MP3 ringtones on your computer and transfer them with bluetooth or a generic USB adapter. The video on these things sucks ass anyway, especially compared to my roommates LG. The phone works very well though, and is a quite solid for how thin it is. Multimedia isn't it's strong point though.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of digging through my crap. :up:
Do you ever have trouble hearing through the ear piece? Sometimes it seem like the volume is set to low when I have it all the way up.

PhYbEr 11-17-05 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by tsohg
Thanks for saving me the trouble of digging through my crap. :up:
Do you ever have trouble hearing through the ear piece? Sometimes it seem like the volume is set to low when I have it all the way up.

That is a Motorola issue, not just your phone, if you look around you will find all kinds of people complaining about low volume.. I have a moto v620 and it's the same way..also on my old v300. I like motorolas though so I don't worry about it.. I use a bluetooth headset when driving..

Maxwell Smart 11-18-05 09:26 AM

Same here, I have one and my only issue is the volume thing.

adamblast 11-18-05 10:23 AM

I have one. I also agree the volume should be higher. The vibrate is weak as well. Great phone for looks and games. Howardforums is the place to go, for sure.

AGuyNamedMike 11-18-05 10:56 AM

Ditto on the low volume thing, but if you got it from a good store they will swap it out until you get a loud one. I went through 3 v262 phones until I got one that I could use normally. Disappointing flaw on otherwise excellent family of phones.

King Voodoo 11-18-05 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ergyu

Oh ok well thats good enough. How decent are the pictures? Are you at least happy with those?

Breakfast with Girls 11-18-05 11:32 AM

I would hold out for the V3x. It's the upgrade with a 2 MP camera instead of a shitty 0.3 MP VGA camera, removable memory, and 2-way video calling.

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro.../0,,95,00.html

DaveNinja 11-18-05 12:07 PM

Pictures are pretty crappy. i just like it because its thin so it fits in my pocket well. i havent noticed a volume problem with mine

Fok 11-18-05 12:57 PM

These phones look great, but if you were to drop it, would that be the end of the world? I have the Motorola v60i, great phone and it's quite tough, but not as pretty as some of the new ones.

King Voodoo 11-18-05 07:31 PM

Cool ordered it today. Is it easy to make ringtones for it? Or am i going to pull my hair out?

ZakVTA 11-18-05 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
I would hold out for the V3x.

Wow, maybe it's just the pictures, but that new one looks way thicker than the current one.

Breakfast with Girls 11-18-05 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by ZakVTA
Wow, maybe it's just the pictures, but that new one looks way thicker than the current one.

It's marginally thicker. I think the 2 MP camera (very rare in US cell phones -- the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Sony Walkman phone) justifies it.