Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man guilty of sprinkling feces on store goods

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...r.612a7a7.html

Video
http://nbc4la.feedroom.com/index.jsp...7dafbf6236ffe7

Man guilty of sprinkling feces on store goods

02:32 PM CDT on Thursday, October 27, 2005

By DEBBIE DENMON / WFAA-TV

Store video cameras captured images of a man allegedly sprinkling fecal matter on store goods. The man accused of sprinkling dried fecal matter over fresh baked goods at a Dallas grocery store was found guilty Wednesday.

Customers shopping at the Fiesta store on Ross Avenue complained about a stench while shopping in the bakery, which prompted managers to put in a security camera. What they found shocked them.

The video captured Behrouz Nahidmobarekah reaching inside a bag and sprinkling its feces content over the bakery goods.

"This is probably the most bizarre case I've ever encountered," said Taly Haffar, prosecutor.

The prosecution said they believe the defendant contaminated the food because he was angry at the way he was treated at the store

However, medical experts at the trial said it was the customers at the store that paid the biggest price from his actions.

"To cause an infection in an individual you need essentially two things," said one medical expert during the trial. "You need exposure, which would be to the fecal matter, and you would essentially need the host. That's the defense, and that is why he plead not guilty."

Proving the actions potential danger to the public was essential to the prosecutor's case.

"It's not enough that is grosses you out, and it grosses everyone of us out, but what you have to prove is that it will probably cause serious bodily injury," said Clark Birdsall, defense attorney.

Prosecutors said the defendant visited the store at least eight times. An idea that has some customers disturbed.

"Yea, that grosses me out," said customer John Cameron. "That's disgusting. But it doesn't change how I feel about the store. It's a great store."

However, one mother of two said she might have thought twice about her donut purchase had she heard the story before she shopped at the store.

"I didn't know that," she said. "Had I known this, I wouldn't have bought anything like that."
Old 10-31-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

What a crappy thing to do.

"These chocolate sprinkles taste like sh*t!"
"Mommy, why are there pieces of corn on my doughnut?"

Last edited by Pointyskull; 10-31-05 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-31-05, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What a dipshit. This is the kind of stuff showing blatant disregard for other people that should get someone a life sentence and a kick in the balls.
Old 10-31-05, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He needs to be analyzed by a pyschiatrist for sure.

This story reminds me of an apartment my sister moved into with some friends when she first moved out of the house. She had taken one of our dogs with her and the landlord, while he did not have a rule against pets, apparently didn't want the dog in the apartment. One day my sister came home to find poop on the carpet, and she said she thinks that the landlord did that to make it look like the dog had pooped on the carpet, but she could tell it was NOT dog poop, but clearly the size of something that would come out of a grown ass man.
Old 10-31-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by calhoun07

This story reminds me of an apartment my sister moved into with some friends when she first moved out of the house. She had taken one of our dogs with her and the landlord, while he did not have a rule against pets, apparently didn't want the dog in the apartment. One day my sister came home to find poop on the carpet, and she said she thinks that the landlord did that to make it look like the dog had pooped on the carpet, but she could tell it was NOT dog poop, but clearly the size of something that would come out of a grown ass man.
No way! Was it this guy?
Old 10-31-05, 05:18 PM

Shouldn't that be grown man's ass?
Old 10-31-05, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We as a society must not tolerate this disgusting behavior. Death penalty.
Old 10-31-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Typical right wing opression of freedom of expression. People offended by it don't have to eat it.
Old 10-31-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
No way!
Way. The reason that my sister and her roommates thought it was the landlord is because he was known for going into the apartment when they weren't home before. They had suspected, but they came home one time to find him in there. Needless to say, my sister found a new place to live QUICK.

I wished we would have had a way to get that poop tested to prove it was his. He wanted to make the dog look bad, as if my sister would get rid of the dog. The dog had to come back to my mom's house after my sister moved, as the next apartment didn't allow pets at all, but at least she was away from that freak of a land lord.
Old 10-31-05, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey has anyone seen Groucho lately?
Old 10-31-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Typical right wing opression of freedom of expression. People offended by it don't have to eat it.
Old 10-31-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Proving the actions potential danger to the public was essential to the prosecutor's case.

"It's not enough that is grosses you out, and it grosses everyone of us out, but what you have to prove is that it will probably cause serious bodily injury," said Clark Birdsall, defense attorney.

I don't understand this... so, if he had put something non-poisonous on bakery products there would be no case?? Why isn't simply tampering with food against the law?
Old 10-31-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
"Mommy, why are there pieces of corn on my doughnut?"
Old 10-31-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
How do you "sprinkle" feces? I guess it wasn't fresh feces....
Old 10-31-05, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TomOpus
How do you "sprinkle" feces? I guess it wasn't fresh feces....
I found another article that tells what he did that should help explain.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...06/detail.html

Cabbie Caught Sprinkling Dried Feces On Food
Man Used Cheese Grater To Grind Dried Feces

UPDATED: 1:14 pm CDT October 27, 2005

DALLAS -- A man convicted this week for tainting grocery store baked items by sprinkling dried feces on the food is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday.

Prosecutors had store surveillance videotapes from a Fiesta grocery store of two incidents in July.

"He takes his own fecal matter and spread it to the wind over the food going to the public," prosecutor Will Ramsey said in court. "It's just so disgusting and, you know what, people get hurt."

The 49-year-old taxi driver was charged with two felony counts of tampering with consumer products. However, defense attorney Clark Birdsall told jurors that there was no way to prove that Behrouz Nahidmobarekeh's actions would have harmed anyone.

"It's OK to be angry at the defendant. I am. But you've got to follow the law," Birdsall said.

Customers had complained that the fresh-baked items smelled and tasted like manure. Nahidmobarekeh said in a statement that he sprinkled the material on the baked goods because store personnel mistreated him.

The video showed Nahidmobarekeh take a bag from his pocket and toss what he said was feces on baked items. The video showed him repeat the action several times.

In the statement, Nahidmobarekeh said he took his own feces and dried it in the sun. He then used a cheese grater to grind the material into smaller portions.

A jury convicted Nahidmobarekeh, who now faces punishment ranging from probation, to two to 20 years in prison.
Old 10-31-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks for the info. That explains it.

ewwwww
Old 10-31-05, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In the statement, Nahidmobarekeh said he took his own feces and dried it in the sun. He then used a cheese grater to grind the material into smaller portions.
Wow, he, um, put a lot of thought into it.
Old 10-31-05, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sprinkle me some of that game
Old 10-31-05, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bronkster
I don't understand this... so, if he had put something non-poisonous on bakery products there would be no case?? Why isn't simply tampering with food against the law?
The same reason we have different requirements for a person being killed. Murder and self-defense, for example. While the end result is someone dead, I wouldn't necessarily like all dead body cases to be chalked up as an automatic murder.
Old 10-31-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That "I'll read one more thread before dinner" idea wasn't my best ever.
Old 10-31-05, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
I'm not sure a pyschiatrist would be good enough. I think this definitely needs to get a visit from an analrapist.
Old 10-31-05, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Baseball bat this guy's head.
Old 11-01-05, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Sun-Dried Turdmatoes? What's the problem? They are all natural and 100% organic.
Old 11-01-05, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least if this guy gets off, I know that I can go back to my hobby.

Old 11-01-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Who is this guy, Johnny Shitseed?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.