DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Just got back from a weekend in Boston... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/443482-just-got-back-weekend-boston.html)

gracie 10-31-05 03:25 PM

Just got back from a weekend in Boston...
 
My "boyfriend" (the one who doesn't want to be committed to me) and some of our friends spent a weekend in Boston. We had a fabulous time except for the part where we agreed to break up and be just friends. My question is this: One of my ex-boyfriend's friends was flirting with me all weekend and asked me out when he found out that we had broken up. Is it too bad to want to go out with him?

exm 10-31-05 03:27 PM


Originally Posted by gracie
My "boyfriend" (the one who doesn't want to be committed to me) and some of our friends spent a weekend in Boston. We had a fabulous time except for the part where we agreed to break up and be just friends. My question is this: One of my ex-boyfriend's friends was flirting with me all weekend and asked me out when he found out that we had broken up. Is it too bad to want to go out with him?

No.

Pics?

Numanoid 10-31-05 03:32 PM

No. All these rules and regulations about dating is such nonsense. If two people are attracted to each other then that's all you need to know in my book.

gracie 10-31-05 03:48 PM


Originally Posted by Numanoid
No. All these rules and regulations about dating is such nonsense. If two people are attracted to each other then that's all you need to know in my book.

That's how I feel about it, too. I think we would all be much happier without all of the rules about dating. On the other hand, I think I would be hurt if one of my friends decided to date my ex-boyfriend.

But I think that attraction happens for a reason and that not pursuing it is just stupid. I don't think it is often that we find people that we are physically and intellectually attracted to. It's usually one or the other. When we do find both it seems a little crazy not to give it a shot.

j123vt_99 10-31-05 03:58 PM

Welcome to the forum

:nopics:

Y2K Falcon 10-31-05 04:25 PM


Time in New England took me away
To long rocky beaches, you by the bay
We started a story who's end must now wait

And tell me
When will our eyes meet
When can I touch you
When will this strong yearning end
And when will hold you again

I feel a change coming
I feel the wind blow
I feel brave and daring
I feel my blood flow

*sigh*

Flashback 10-31-05 04:56 PM


Originally Posted by gracie
That's how I feel about it, too. I think we would all be much happier without all of the rules about dating. On the other hand, I think I would be hurt if one of my friends decided to date my ex-boyfriend.

But I think that attraction happens for a reason and that not pursuing it is just stupid. I don't think it is often that we find people that we are physically and intellectually attracted to. It's usually one or the other. When we do find both it seems a little crazy not to give it a shot.

You answered your own question. Good luck and welcome.

ChiTownAbs, Inc 10-31-05 05:14 PM

What did you do in Boston?

lordwow 10-31-05 05:17 PM


Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs, Inc
What did you do in Boston?

I'm wondering the same thing since we got effin 6 inches of snow (in 25 degree weather) on Saturday and it was 75 on Sunday.

bboisvert 10-31-05 06:30 PM

:lol: I clicked on this thread expecting some discussion about Boston. Silly me.

NotThatGuy 10-31-05 09:10 PM

You are single.
He is single (I assume).
Go for it.

-p

FiveO 11-01-05 06:09 AM

Get him to propose after about 3 dates and send your ex a wedding invitation... :D

j/k.

Good luck though!

gracie 11-02-05 06:33 PM

Thanks for all the advice. We had an excellent dinner last night.

exm 11-03-05 12:05 PM


Originally Posted by gracie
Thanks for all the advice. We had an excellent dinner last night.

So... did you do him?

:beer2:

Pointyskull 11-03-05 12:19 PM


Originally Posted by gracie
Thanks for all the advice. We had an excellent dinner last night.

C'mon - don't leave us in suspense.

Does "dinner" have some dirty double-meaning when the kids use it today? :eyebrow:
In my day it was "we went out for drinks"....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.