Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

"A guy witnesses an accident"

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-28-05, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A co-worker forwarded this sound clip from what looks to be a morning radio show. Listen to this witness's account of the event. Funny stuff.

http://www.chumfm.com/MorningShow/bits/march24.swf
Old 10-28-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No offense, but are some of you people living under rocks for most of the year? I heard this at least 6 months ago.
Old 10-28-05, 12:32 PM

Um, OK, thanks for that insightful and terribly important information

I did a quick search and didn't find anything, so maybe others here will find it funny if they are hearing it for the first time. I'll be sure to check with you in the future to make sure I'm up to date with all of the current events. Thanks.

Oh, and no offense taken.
Old 10-28-05, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is this the one where the woman starts beating the other guy with a bible?
Old 10-28-05, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
No offense, but are some of you people living under rocks for most of the year? I heard this at least 6 months ago.
Absolutely no offense, but why does anyone care if you've heard it?

And usually telling someone they've been living under a rock is pretty offensive- as is expecting that every person surfs the internet as much as you do and should be privy to all internet humor.

Last edited by warcp; 10-28-05 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-29-05, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I think it's fake. How could the guy tell what kind of Bible it is?
Old 10-29-05, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Seriously, is this necessary? This doesn't add to the discussion. If you said "Yeah, I've seen this video before. It's funny/It sucks." that's one thing. Or if this was a repost and you just posted a link to the original thread to let the OP know that it's already been discussed, that's another.

But you don't provide proof that this is well-worn territory. Instead, you insult a good portion of the members here because they're "living under a rock" if they haven't seen this one random video. Why? Because you've seen it, and therefore anyone else who hasn't seen what you have must be completely uninformed.

No offense taken, as long as you don't take offense to my opinion that someone who has seen almost every random video or picture on the Internet must be living under a rock. Because in order to see all that random crap means you must spend a good portion of your life in front of the computer scanning forums for the latest video or joke that has made it's way into Internet Pop Culture.

See my point? It doesn't make it any less offensive if you say "No offense" then continue to insult a broad range of people.
Old 10-29-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I hadn't heard it before.
Old 10-29-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sorry, I am one of those not living on the internet.
Old 10-29-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's internet one-upmanship. Everyone is in a race to see who can see the latest funny video first so they can have rights to post they already saw it and everyone else is living in last year.
Old 10-29-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What, are you people living under a rock or something? I've already SEEN the post where people say they've seen/heard a clip before.
Old 10-29-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I'm sorry I ever posted that stupid comment. I honestly wasn't trying to be offensive, but I got that mp3 or a link to it about 20 times earlier this year and I thought it had made the rounds here too (in fact it had: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408841). I'm not trying to prove anything by posting that I've seen it, but we do get ancient links every once in a while from someone who is just behind the times, and I thought this one was another case of that. I'm sorry to anyone I've pissed off or offended.
Old 10-29-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, I'm sorry I ever posted that stupid comment. I honestly wasn't trying to be offensive
Oh YEAH? Wll then what did you mean by THIS:

No offense, but...

We still love you, FinkPish.
Old 10-29-05, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm traped under a rock and can't get up!
Old 10-29-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, I'm sorry I ever posted that stupid comment. I honestly wasn't trying to be offensive, but I got that mp3 or a link to it about 20 times earlier this year and I thought it had made the rounds here too (in fact it had: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408841). I'm not trying to prove anything by posting that I've seen it, but we do get ancient links every once in a while from someone who is just behind the times, and I thought this one was another case of that. I'm sorry to anyone I've pissed off or offended.
Yeah, because when I find a funny link to a phone call on line, the first thing I do is seach for these terms at DVDtalk....

"Click"
"either"
"voicemail"
"links"

Or "Car wreck voicemail, road rage gone wild"

NONE of those are common terms I would associate with the OPs post. He found it at Roger and Marilyn's Morning Show Bits. The other link is to a different station. The fact that you found it pretty darn quick is great work, but it was a thread that got two replies and likely fell off the main page of the board pretty fast, so unless you saw it in it's brief life on here, you'd have no idea to search for those terms.

That said, I find the call to be terribly unfunny. So obviously staged.
Old 10-29-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I'm sorry I ever posted that stupid comment. I honestly wasn't trying to be offensive, but I got that mp3 or a link to it about 20 times earlier this year and I thought it had made the rounds here too.
Don't worry about it. I've usually seen all the funny movies posted here already anyway.

Last edited by asabase; 10-29-05 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-29-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I actually live under a rock and now my feelings are hurt. Do you know how hard it is to get internet conection under a rock? Or how about just going outside every day? Well do you? I have to lift my entire house up just to go out and pick up the paper. Every minute of the day I feel weighted down and burden.

Well you can go jump in a lake. I bet you live in one of those glass houses. I would kill to live in glass house. I swear if I ever find out where you live I'm going throw my house right through that glass house of yours.
Old 10-29-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Then you can come live with me in my cave... it's right by the Ivory Tower
Old 10-29-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok enough internet one-upsmanship. Lets talk about how this wasn't all that funny.