Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

breaking news: Lindsay Lohan crashes again!!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-05-05, 02:07 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Breaking fast!

Must credit PerezHilton.com.

World exclusive!!!!

Lindsay Lohan was involved in another car accident on Tuesday, multiple sources tel PerezHilton.com.

Thankfully, the teen star did not suffer any major injury.

Lohan, as many of you may remember, was also involved in another car accident in the spring.

This accident happened, ironically, on Robertson Blvd. in Los Angeles, of all places, an area known for it's congestion of snappers.

"Out of nowhere, this car comes racing down Robertson Blvd.," an eyewitness tells PerezHilton.com. "The car must have been going about 60-70 mph."

Behind the weels of said car (a black, convertible Mercedes) was Lindsay Lohan, accompanied in the car by an (as of yet) unidentified female.

The accident happened right outside of the Newsroom Cafe, just down the street from The Ivy, where Lindsay and her pal were dining just 45 minutes earlier.

Unlike her previous accident, we hear that this time, Lindsay was not being chased by the paparazzi.

"Lindsay was driving like a maniac and she hit a (red) van that was being driven by an employee of the Newsroom Cafe," another source tells us. "It was a head-on collision."

"Both Lohan's car and the van were totalled," a source tells PerezHilton.com. "Her airbags were deployed. It was awful! One of her tires ended up in the middle of the street.

After the accident, a paniced Lindsay rushed into a nearbye antiques shop, inronically called Hideaway House Antiques. "She was not fleeing the scene of the accident," a source on the scene tells us. "Lindsay was in tears and in shock and she went into the store to get away from all of the paparazzi."

A few minutes later, a source tells PerezHilton.com, "Lindsay's female friend went running out back to the car, which was totalled. She went and grabbed all of Lindsay's stuff out of the car, which still had her music BLASTING." Hmmm...wonder what could have been so important that Lindsay had in her car??? Perhaps she wanted to make sure she had her purse and anything in it with her for safekeeping. You know, like her drivers license and stuff.

As one would imagine, the paparazzi, though they were not chasing Lohan at the time of the accident, instantly began to snap away once the collision occured.

"It was chaos," an eyewitness tells PerezHilton.com. "There were helicopters circling above. There were firetrucks. A circus!

The scene was such pandemonium that all of Robertson Blvd. was closes and police were swarming everywhere.

It is still unclear why Lohan was driving so fast, especially since she was not being chased by the paparazzi.

After hidnig out at Hidden House Antiques, an ambulance came to pick up Lohan and rush her to the hospital, though eyewitnesses tell PerezHilton.com that she appeared to not be seriously injured.

We are not certain what hospital Lohan is currently at, but as exclusive details continue to pour in, PerezHilton.com will keep you informed of all the developments!

P.S. This is real!

P.S. #2: If anybody has any pics of the accident, please email [email protected].
Old 10-05-05, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two in one day?
Old 10-05-05, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My apathy is palpable.

No seriously, it is. I'm holding it right here in my hand, it's incredible.
Old 10-05-05, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
a source tells PerezHilton.com. "Her funbags were deployed. It was awful!"....
Old 10-05-05, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
My apathy is palpable.

No seriously, it is. I'm holding it right here in my hand, it's incredible.
Old 10-05-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That article seems like it was written by a 12 yr old. Also - if paparazzi were all over, why is that the best pic we have?
Old 10-05-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She went and grabbed all of Lindsay's stuff out of the car, which still had her music BLASTING.

I wonder if she was playing her own CD?
Old 10-05-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Another source, different take... did the paparazzi write that first article?
Lindsay Lohan in another car crash
Witnesses say actress was trying to avoid paparazzi

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan and two other people were taken to a hospital Tuesday after the actress' black Mercedes-Benz convertible collided with a van in West Hollywood, authorities said.

Witnesses said Lohan was trying to avoid paparazzi photographers when the crash occurred.

Lohan and a female passenger in her car suffered minor injuries, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Diane Hecht.

The driver of the van, which was knocked into a parked vehicle, suffered moderate injuries, Hecht said. The identities of Lohan's passenger and the male driver of the van were not immediately released.

The accident was witnessed by a number of people, including a reporter for the syndicated television show "The Insider."

"Insider" reporter Victoria Recano told The Associated Press she saw Lohan and a passenger run into an antique store immediately after the collision.

Javier Ramirez, who works at the store, said he recognized Lohan.

"She was very upset," Ramirez told the AP. "She kept saying, 'Oh my God, oh my God, I can't believe it."'

Ramirez said Lohan and her passenger left after a few minutes and although both were shaken up, neither appeared badly hurt.

Television news footage showed a badly damaged black Mercedes outside the store with both its driver- and passenger-side air bags inflated.

The sheriff's department said the driver of the van appeared to be turning in front of Lohan's car when the vehicles collided. There was no evidence alcohol was involved in the crash, Hecht said in a news release.

Witnesses said dozens of paparazzi photographers had been following Lohan through the area before the crash. At one point, according to Lori Satzberg, 43, several photographers tried to take pictures of Lohan as she shopped at a clothing store. The photographers then followed her outside to her car.

"She got into her black Mercedes across the street and they literally were like sitting on her car, trying to take pictures of her, she was like yelling at them to get off," Satzberg said.

The crash was the second one Lohan, 19, has been involved in recent months.

Police said the star of such films as "Mean Girls" and "Herbie: Fully Loaded" was attempting to evade a paparazzi photographer in June when the photographer crashed his car into her Mercedes. She suffered cuts and bruises in that crash but did not seek medical attention.

The photographer was arrested for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon. Police said it appeared he deliberately crashed into the actress' vehicle.

A new state law signed Friday allows victims of paparazzi assaults to file lawsuits seeking up to three times the damages they suffered. The law goes into effect Jan. 1. http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Last edited by Th0r S1mpson; 10-05-05 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-05-05, 12:03 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

What a crying shame!!!!

Old 10-05-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did her spare tire pop out of the trunk?
Old 10-05-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

While I normally don't care about what happens to celebrities like her, if it really happened that way, then I kind of feel for her. Having a bunch of people attacking your car like babboons in The Omen can't be a very good feeling, and I think losing track of everything but desire for escape is expected.
Old 10-05-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I heard the paparazzi were either following or not following her.
Old 10-05-05, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Surprised they didn't mention she was only driving with nine fingers. Glad the last one didn't get jammed further down her throat..
Old 10-05-05, 04:14 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
While I normally don't care about what happens to celebrities like her, if it really happened that way, then I kind of feel for her. Having a bunch of people attacking your car like babboons in The Omen can't be a very good feeling, and I think losing track of everything but desire for escape is expected.
this was earlier that day, not sure of time..

Old 10-05-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Imagine a headline like this:

"Lindsey Lohan Vomits in Car After Crashing into Vehicle Containing Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson in Middle of Argument Being Videtaped by Paris Hilton!"
Old 10-05-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

no, the car, the car!

and sucks about the papparazzi
Old 10-06-05, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pics of the crash/immediate aftermath in action: http://www.wwtdd.com/index.php?type=...indsay%20Lohan
Old 10-06-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That picture is scarier than the car crash photos. Disgusting.

Nice ride by the way.
Old 10-06-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone have a larger version of that photo?
Old 10-06-05, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would've floored it, put it in reverse...repeat.
Old 10-06-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
Anyone have a larger version of that photo?
if you click on it, you'll get a larger version.
Old 10-06-05, 04:44 PM

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/st...-26936,00.html

Lohan Showed No Concern for Car Crash Victim
Wed, Oct 05, 2005, 03:10 PM PT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The man whose van Lindsay Lohan crashed into on Tuesday afternoon, Oct. 4, has spoken up, and he paints an unflattering picture of the "Herbie: Fully Loaded" actress.

"I imagine if I had hit someone, I am going to ask them right away if the other person is okay," says Raymundo Ortega, 40, on the Wednesday (Oct. 5) edition of "Access Hollywood." "But she did not do that with me. On her behalf, if she wants to call me to ask how I am doing, that would be good. But if she doesn't, then I'll leave it on her conscience because honestly, she doesn't even know my name."

Ortega was driving his maroon Chevy Astro van along Robertson Blvd. in West Hollywood when he executed a U-turn. Witnesses say Lohan was speeding in her black Mercedes and plowed into his van, causing him to hit a parked vehicle and be treated for minor injuries. Witnesses say Lohan and her passenger ducked into a nearby antiques store directly after the accident before they were also rushed to the hospital for treatment.

"I know it wasn't my fault. All I knew was that she was driving really fast, I mean, she had to be going at least 75 miles per hour," Ortega adds. "I was finishing my turn, when all of the sudden she came out of nowhere, all she needed was wings for the car to fly."

Ortega was on his way to work as a busboy at the Newsroom Cafe in Beverly Hills. Besides his injuries, he claims that the accident has rendered him without transportation to his job.

"I'm a father of six kids. I depend on my job," he says. "I don't have my car because it's a luxury item. I have it because I need it. Now I'm left on foot, walking without a car."

Lohan's camp claims that the accident is the result of paparazzi hounding her. In May, photographer Galo Ramirez was booked on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon for intentionally ramming Lohan's vehicle. He's currently free on bail and is awaiting trial.

Ortega isn't so sure that the paparazzi are to blame this time.

"I believe that she was driving that fast at her own free will because there was no car behind her, there was no one in that moment," he explains. "Her car was the only one that was coming down the street. Had there been another car behind her, they would have crashed into her."

If what he says is true, I hope she falls long and hard on this one. I hate people with money & power who think they are better than everyone else and have no concern for the 'regular' people like us.

This reminds me so much of Rob & Amber on the Amazing Race last year!

Chris
Old 10-06-05, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
"I believe that she was driving that fast at her own free will because there was no car behind her, there was no one in that moment," he explains. "Her car was the only one that was coming down the street. Had there been another car behind her, they would have crashed into her."
Wasn't Halle Berry's SUV was right behind her..
Old 10-06-05, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Wasn't Halle Berry's SUV was right behind her..

There's another 'rich & famous' who got off with a slap on the wrist and couldn't give a damn about the person who they actually 'bodily' hit.

Chris
Old 10-06-05, 05:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
"I imagine if I had hit someone, I am going to ask them right away if the other person is okay," says Raymundo Ortega, 40, on the Wednesday (Oct. 5) edition of "Access Hollywood." "But she did not do that with me. On her behalf, if she wants to call me to ask how I am doing, that would be good. But if she doesn't, then I'll leave it on her conscience because honestly, she doesn't even know my name."
Ug. Looks like Mr. Ortega has had a chance to rehearse his response.

I'll side with Lohan if this guy is gonna pull the halo routine. Gimme a break.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.