Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Britney holds garage sale for hurricane victims

Old 10-03-05, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Britney holds garage sale for hurricane victims

Spears Opens Closet to Help Storm Victims
1 hour, 37 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Wear Britney's bra, kick off her flip-flops and cuddle her toy bear — all for charity. Britney Spears is holding a veritable garage sale, auctioning clothing, furniture and jewelry on the eBay auction Web site to raise money for the Mississippi Hurricane Recovery Fund.

"This is a great opportunity to get some cool (and rare) Britney items while contributing to a very important cause!" says a posting on Spears' Web site. The 23-year-old pop singer was raised in Kentwood, La.

Items include a white stone bra worn in one of her videos, a pair of blue-and-pink jeans with a pink suede buckle belt, and an autographed "I Have the Golden Ticket" burgundy tank top with an arrow pointing down.

The tank top is similar to the light blue top a pregnant Spears wore to the premiere of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

The auction, which opened Saturday, continues this week, with proceeds going to The Britney Spears Foundation to help hurricane victims.

Spears, who is married to Kevin Federline, gave birth to the couple's first child, a son, last month.

---------------------

Methinks if she put her used underwear up for auction, she'd probably fetch some hefty sum from a certain crazed Japanese fan man.
Old 10-03-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will certainly help get rid of that trailer trash image that people have been giving her.
Old 10-03-05, 07:03 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She's always been classy.
Old 10-03-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk God

you have to give her at least a little credit for doing for a good cause
Old 10-03-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"This is a great opportunity to get some cool (and rare) Britney items while contributing to a very important cause!" says a posting on Spears' Web site. The 23-year-old pop singer was raised in Kentwood, La.

I don't get these articles, sometimes. Does this fit at all with the rest of the "paragrah?" Does it even fit in with the rest of the friggin article? Seriously, learn to fucking write!

Edit: I'll get that head scratch smiley down, one of these days...

Last edited by shaun3000; 10-04-05 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-03-05, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I didn't realize that trailers had garages..
Old 10-03-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its good seeing the needy give to the needy. Kinda like the opposite of Robin Hood.
Old 10-03-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
It's called a "door" to us outsiders.
Old 10-03-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, by golly, at least she's trying! It's ridiculous, and kind of pompous ("Who wouldn't want any of *my* personal items? They should fetch millions!") but it is meant for a good cause, and that is to be commended... no matter how disgusting she is.

Somehow I don't think her bras would be bought for wear, let alone bought by women.

..an autographed "I Have the Golden Ticket" burgundy tank top with an arrow pointing down.

So, she bleaches down there, too?

Originally Posted by FiveO
Its good seeing the needy give to the needy. Kinda like the opposite of Robin Hood.
She's got plenty of money. The only departments she's needy in are intelligence and class.
Old 10-04-05, 04:42 AM
Suspended

Since she already sold her virginity to Justin Timberlake, I wonder if she would sell me the box that it came in. I'd buy that for a dollar!
Old 10-04-05, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Good for her.

I think some actress off of "Will & Grace" also had a "garage sale" for Katrina victims.
Old 10-04-05, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah that was Debra Messing. She apparently used her nose as a temporary bridge to allow hundreds of refugees to cross the collapsed structures. Good for her.
Old 10-04-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is she selling soiled panties?
Old 10-04-05, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SHAUN3000
I don't get these articles, sometimes. Does this fit at all with the rest of the "paragrah?" Does it even fit in with the rest of the friggin article? Seriously, learn to fucking write!

Edit: I'll get that head scratch smiley down, one of these days...
I think it is a throwaway line to let us know that she is doing this since she is from LA. Whether Kentwood was an affected area by Katrina, I don't know, but that is the way I took it.
Old 10-04-05, 09:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It's a double wide.
Old 10-04-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
They're actually called outhouses.

Last edited by speedy1961; 10-04-05 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-04-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Yeah that was Debra Messing. She apparently used her nose as a temporary bridge to allow hundreds of refugees to cross the collapsed structures. Good for her.
Old 10-04-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why do I have a feeling that if Britney Spears donated a kidney to someone needing a transplant, she would still be reviled on this forum?
Old 10-04-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got a good deal on half a carton of smokes, apparently after she had the kid she switched back to unfiltered!!
Old 10-04-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow. Things really went up overnight.

Old 10-04-05, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Britney holds garage sale
I, for one, think this is great news. I have searched long and hard for some solied wife-beater shirts, empty Marlboro Lights boxes, and some unused Cheetohs Wipes and now I know where I can get some. None of the crimson-naped Americans in my area have been able to come through for me.
Old 10-04-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
It's called a "door" to us outsiders.
Car hole.
Old 10-11-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...899384000.html

Spears' Auction Concludes - Without Bra

Mon Oct 10, 6:24 PM ET

Britney Spears stripped her charity auction of a jewel-encrusted bra, but still raised thousands of dollars for hurricane relief efforts.

Spears auctioned dozens of personal items on eBay, with proceeds going to The Britney Spears Foundation to benefit the Mississippi Hurricane Recovery Fund.

On Saturday, she posted a message on her Web site saying she was "concerned that some of you might be confusing this bra with something that it's not."

The 23-year-old pop star said she wore the white stone bra bids had risen to over $47,000 on the auction Web site during her HBO special but not during her performance of "... Baby One More Time."

"I feel the correct thing to do is remove this item from the auction because I don't want any of you to feel misled," she said.

It was the second time the bra had been removed from the auction. Earlier, an eBay staffer pulled it because it violated the Web site's policy of not selling used undergarments. The decision was reversed, though, because the bra fit under the category of memorabilia."

The auction otherwise concluded with a "I Have the Golden Ticket" tank top going for $1,200, her ottoman selling for $510, her Chanel high heels for $770, her two-piece sectional sofa for $3,050 and her red-tab jeans for $4,001.
Old 10-11-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can see it now; with a wink and a smile to the camera, 'we didn't mean to sell our sex tape in that box of clothes.'