PSO: Absolute, Bodog, or Titan?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-03-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All,

Just thought I would get some DVD Talkers opinions on my dilemma.

For my next PSO promotion I wanted to get in on the promo they are running with the above sites. Just wanted to know which of the three, you guys feel, clears the fastest for a $1/$2 limit player.

Absolute: 400 Raked Hands
Bodog: 200 Points
Titan: $3500 points

I am leaning toward Absolute, as 400 raked hands sounds pretty easy especially since you don't have to contribute to the rake to get credit.

Any opinions?
Old 10-03-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

do absolute and then when you finish it 3 hours later, try something else

the games at absolute are pretty dull. 400 raked hands takes longer than you might expect because of the tightness of the assholes playing there.
Old 10-03-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

bodog had the worst players i have ever played against when i played there, but that was about a year ago. they could have improved? but the bonus took a good while to clear.

titan is a decent site, but the promo isn't super fast to clear (not super slow either, i think it took me about 3 sessions 2-3 tabling for 2-4 hours at 2/4). The main problem was finding more than 1 2/4 or 3/6 game going. I didn't want to play 1/2 as it clears at half the speed, but neither did I want to sit there playing one table.
Old 10-03-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the info, moorehed. I'm thinking I will go ahead with Absolute then. Besides, they have the Poker League through PSO, too, which sounds like a good time.
Old 10-03-05, 05:04 PM
Mod Emeritus

Assuming you've already done Pacific Poker and PokerStars... my favorite PSO Sites in best to worst order for clearing bonuses:

1) Bodog
2) Golden Palace
3) Absolute Poker
4) Full Tilt Poker
5) Titan Poker

I was able to successfully clear all of the gift bonuses at the above sites EXCEPT Titan Poker. I busted out of Titan Poker before I was even 1/4th done with the bonus and said fuck this. Full Tilt is slow to clear, Absolute is a little quicker, and Bodog and Golden Palace are just great.

So I'm not sure which one is the best after those above, can anyone give me any suggestions based on my comments and rankings?
Old 10-03-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just did the one at Bodog about 3 weeks ago and I never found the players there to be bad. I had considerable trouble winning any money and ended up down a little bit when I hit my 200 points. Of course, I seem to be having trouble winning at ANY site for the past month or so.

One thing about Bodog. You don't have to earn 200 points since they start you out with 50 and those count towards your 200. I would definately do Absolute first though. Not sure when the best time is to try and find players at Absolute who AREN'T bonuswhores.
Old 10-03-05, 05:13 PM
Mod Emeritus

The best players I've seen are on Full Tilt Poker and Absolute, and then depending on the time and the day, Golden Palace. The worst players I've seen are on Golden Palace and especially Bodog.
Old 10-03-05, 05:14 PM
Mod Emeritus

John: the 6 player max tables are pretty loose on Absolute, but also pretty aggro. You have to be careful or you'll be down quickly.
Old 10-03-05, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting info. Went ahead and did Absolute, and have gotten 25 points so far, playing an hour at 1/2 and 2/4.

I have to agree with those that said that Full Tilt is tight, and VERY slow to clear the $ bonus. In fact, I cleared the PSO bonus of 200 points in two days, but only clears $12 in bonus $! I just withdrew out of there once I cleared the 200 points, but may return later to just get the cash over time (might even consider there my home eventually). Absolute is looking like a bonus clearing only type place, and once I clear, I don't think I'll be back.

Gallant: I haven't done Pacific or PokerStars, but I am under the impression that PS isn't one of the PSO sites anyway. Up until a few days ago I had played exclusively at Doyle's Room (which, I must admit, is still my favorite interface, so far). Now, I have PSO'd FTP, PokerRoom, & Absolute.
Old 10-03-05, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
John: the 6 player max tables are pretty loose on Absolute, but also pretty aggro. You have to be careful or you'll be down quickly.
I usually do play the 6 max tables at Absolute. I've been playing so badly lately though that I hate putting much money at risk.

I just went ahead and signed up for Titan since PSO is still offering the 9000 points there. I don't think I'm gonna like it much though. Too many 6 max games and not enough full ring. 6 max is great when you're catching cards but man, when you're card dead like I've been it's really bad.

I've been playing cash games for a little less than a year and I'm just not used to losing like I have been. Up until the past couple of months poker has been like an ATM that keeps spitting out money. Now it's just spitting.

I'm still making money from all the bonuses but it was much more fun before.
Old 10-03-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
I second that. I am playing in one right now that is exactly as you say, loose and agressive. Pretty good pot sizes, though, for a 1/2 limit game. Just playing pretty tight, and things seem to be going as expected.
Old 10-03-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does this mean my bad streak is over or is it a temporary reprieve? Number 7 by the way. Notice the stakes I'm playing for to keep from breaking anything expensive.

Old 10-03-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

LOL. Nice hand, nonetheless.
Old 10-04-05, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i think the key is depositing just enough so that you clear the bonus when the PSO promo expires. no sense in playing a bad bonus just cause.
Old 10-04-05, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

oh, and when i was playing bodog last, i remember seeing full tables of 5/10 going w/>50% seeing the flop. i only wished i was rich enough for that game ... the 2/4 and 3/6 games were similar.
Old 10-04-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Bodog is easily my favorite poker site.