Reload this Page >

Please help with high volume ebay sales-

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 09-30-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recentlly have got into doing more high volume selling on ebay, like 1000-2000 listings a month. Making the listings and getting them up on ebay is a snap. I use turbolister. I can probably do 50-75 a day, no sweat.

The nightmare comes in tracking the sold items.
The my ebay software is the most hopeless incompetant ass-backwards amateurish stinking pile of rotting festering dogsh*t software that I have ever seen in my entire life. Its just fine and all if you are selling 7 items, but for a powerseller its a joke and an insult.

I seriously need help with how i extract the data off of the internet, and onto a desktop program to track and manage my sold item.

Heres what I do now-

I save my sold items HTML page onto my desktop. I open it in dreamweaver. Then i copy all of that onto xcel and arrange it to how I like it. Therein lies the problem - how i like it to look in excel, and how it looks on the my ebay page are a world apart.

I like it to be one item per row. and then i have the appropriate data on the vertical colums, their name, email, price, ship status, sale date, etc. DOESNT THAT SOUND EASY AND SIMPLE? LOL. And i have them in CHRONOLOGICAL order.

Ok thats where it gets ugly on the sold items page. It doesnt list it in true chronological order. You can sort by list date, but its still all out of whack, and if someone uses the checkout it screws it up even more - it changes the order of the items in your sold items list!! It sorts it by ebay user and the items they won, even though the items will be from all different chronological points in time. To put it plainly, its ALL F-ED UP.

So, if i am keeping my database spreadsheet in perfect chronological order of item sale date, and then the ebay sold items list continually changes because a user will add items to his lot of items he won, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SIFT BACK THROUGH THE LIST AND FIND THEM !!!?!?!?!?

How can extract this data from ebay and put it into excel in a way that sorts my items in true chronological order?

Or a better question is, . .. what do you do? And is it better than what I do? Id really be interested in hearing other sellers methods of maintaining their listings- I have tried sellers assistant and it does not do what i want. Any other ideas ?

Thanks!!!
Old 09-30-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Step 1: Post items on ebay.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit!

It's really easy I don't see why you're having such a hard time.
Old 09-30-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just curious about what it is you're selling. Sorry I can't help but I only sell 5-7 items a month
Old 09-30-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, where do you find 1000-2000 things to sell each month?
Old 09-30-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i sell vinyl, books, comics and toys. and whatever else i can get my hands on.
Old 09-30-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search