Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Are you easily intoxicated and or sedated?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 09-26-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One time when I inhaled 1/2 of a peanut into my left lung, the Doctors wanted to do a Bronchoscopy (that's when they stick a thin, snake-like tube that includes lights, a camera, and even tiny tools for grabbing stuff into your throat and down your windpipe & into your lungs to see if they can find anything, and in my case: that 1/2 of a peanut), and they ended up having to give me "5" separate injections, over 1 hour to put me down like the dog I am, to perform the first of 4 Bronchospy procedures. One injection usually puts normal folks easily to sleep. Go figure. &

Booze wise, I don't need that much, even though I don't get "intoxicated" anymore (because many moons ago I finally decided I didn't like the feeling of being drunk or the hangovers excessive drinking produced), and if I drink alcohol, I usually have 2 or 3 (max) average-sized drinks, shots, or beers, maybe once or twice a month.

(...and to think I was in AA for over 11 years! Great program BTW... )

-Paul

Last edited by The Edit King; 09-26-05 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-26-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Much more so than in college. Hangovers come far too easily as well.
Old 09-26-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Easy, cheap drunk. All I have to do is look at the other forum... and .... i get sleee eee p y
Old 09-26-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't know with its intoxication or sedation but your threads always mesmerize me
Old 09-26-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So, do tell. How did you get a half a peanut into your lung? Or is it too embarassing to describe?
Old 09-26-05, 09:27 PM
Banned

Takes a lot to get me drunk (for my body weight), a tiny bit to get me stoned, but it doesn't last long (Hell, I don't even like it, Feds!) and I love coffee (two cups or I'm a goner).

At 37, I still have a high metabolic rate. I'm your basic spaz that can act like a normal person most of the time through shao-lin techniques. (I learned them on TV.)
Old 09-26-05, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
So, do tell. How did you get a half a peanut into your lung? Or is it too embarassing to describe?
I thought you'd NEVER ask!

Treesa and I were having her B-Day lunch at the Beverly Center (out here in Los Angeles) and we were eating spicy chicken with peanuts. I really LOVE spicy chicken with peanuts.

Tree started making funny faces and I started belly-laughing, and on one of the massive inhales to pop out a huge laugh, I inhaled a peanut and it felt like someone hit me in the chest with a full-force knuckle punch.

I started to cough, but at the same time, tried to hold it down, as it was very crowed and for one reason or another, I didn't want to cause a scene, so I restrained myself from coughing (yeah, I know, I know...that was one of the many dumbest things I have EVER done), and because I didn't cough as hard as I could, and say "DAMN TO THE CROWD!" (even though I did that a little later in the parking lot, and started a coughing fit so-hard, I nearly passed out, but by then it was way too late, and I was a gonner), it had time to stick deeply in there (in my lung), and that began a 19 month journey of wheezing and unspeakable pain.

Oh! and BTW:

After 4 Bronchospies, 3 MRI's, dozens of X-rays, & CT Scans, THEY NEVER FOUND IT!

(The Doctors said it would have been easier to find a bullet than a peanut as that form of mass, couldn't be seen in an X-ray or similar procedure, but they did them anyway! Go fogure! )

But after 19 MONTHS I finally coughed it out one morning while I was having one of my regular, hourly, coughing fits.

It was like 6:30 in the morning, and Treesa was hugging my chest from behind (as she made a habit out of that everytime I started coughing) to help me not expand my lungs too much, because I had Pleurisy (that's when the lining of your lungs get infected, and it hurts like your being stabbed in the chest every time you take a breath, and later I got pneumonia, because the peanut caused an abscess, but that's yet another story), and after a couple dozen big coughs, it popped out in a small handful of sputum, and I asked Tree, "Is that the peanut?" and she said, "I think it is!", and we were so happy, we were both thanking God, and crying, and hopping, and Woo-Hoo-ing, and dancing all around the apartment!

We were so happy it was all over, well except for the 7 day stay at Cedars for Pneumonia. I thought of it as a vacation of sorts. Everything went well and for 7 days, it cost: $25,000.00.

I thank God for Insurance!

Anyway...

I saved it and we keep it in our, "Paul's Weird Museum" part of the apartment. It's resting in a small bottle with a card explaining what it is and how long it was in my lung.

THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 09-27-05 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-26-05, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Where do ya think I got my nick?

Old 09-26-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Edit King
I saved it and we keep it in our, "Paul's Weird Museum" part of the apartment. It's resting in a small bottle with a card explaining what it is and how long it was in my lung.
Why do I get the feeling that you could make a pretty penny charging people a couple bucks a pop to view your museum?
Old 09-26-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think anyone would actually "pay" to see some of the remains & souvenirs of my many great adventures.

...but at the same time, I can somehow see it alll now...

"HEAR YE!!! HEAR YE!!! COME ONE AND ALL!!! GREAT AND SMALL!!! LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!! BOYS AND GIRLS!!!

SEE!!!

THE 1/2 OF A PEANUT THAT WAS STUCK IN THE LUNGS OF A HUMAN BEING FOR 19 MONTHS!!! YOU HEARD CORRECTLY!!! 19 MONTHS!!! THAT'S ONE YEAR AND 7 MONTHS!!!

SEE!!!

WHAT A 1/2 OF A PEANUT LOOKS LIKE AFTER BEING TRAPPED IN THE LUNGS AND MUCACIOUS MUCK FOR OVER ONE YEAR!!!

SEE!!!

IT SITTING THERE IN A BOTTLE IN ALL ITS GLORY, SAVED FOR POSTERITY!!!

SEE!!!

IT IN ITS PRESENT MOLDY AND BROWN CONDITION!!!!

WOW!!!

Okay, Taley...you got me!

I wanna see it!

&

THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 09-26-05 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-26-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes, easy drunk. Two beers and I'm well buzzed, three and I'm on the edge of drunk and nausea/spins. I have a very, very thin line between a good buzz and feeling sick, so I rarely over indulge. I can usually feel two or more beers in the morning too. If I've just eaten though that helps limit my buzz, as well as pacing my drinks over a good period of time.

Low body weight coupled with low tolerance due to not too often drinking makes for a precarious night on the town.
Old 09-26-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oops, I forgot to answer the original question.

Pretty high tolerence for alcohol (and caffiene) due to alarge size (6'8" - 340). Three beers, I notice that I've been drinking, but not yet at a buzz. Once, in college, I drank a six-pack in ten minutes and my nose felt a little numb, but apart from that, I only had a strong buzz.

Don't know about sedated . . . never have needed it.

Last edited by talemyn; 09-26-05 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-26-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Low tolerance. I have 2-4 drinks at parties to get and maintain a pleasant buzz. I don't drink caffeine after about 3 PM because I can't get to sleep. I remember when I was poor and underfed, I once got wired from eating cookies. White sugar! Wheeee!
Old 09-26-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I get sauced pretty quickly....
Old 09-26-05, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Easier now than in college.
Old 09-26-05, 10:48 PM

I get drunk off of either A)1 Wine Cooler, B) Half a bottle of Boone's Farm, or C) 3 shots of Vodka
Old 09-26-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I've always been a lightweight... which I can't complain about.
Old 09-26-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DrunkLastKnight
I get drunk off of either A)1 Wine Cooler . . . C) 3 shots of Vodka
How does that match up?
Old 09-26-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey! That's right!

(...leave it to Taley to ask the hard hitting, Edit King-like questions! )

Do you actually get drunk offa just ONE wine cooler?

That's okay and everything, but is it true?

Because I knew one of the most BEAUTIFUL girls at Hollywood High named "Sue B*****" way back in 1972 and or 3), and let me tell ya, she was SERIOUSLY PRETTY, PLAYBOY-LIKE, NATURALLY AIRBRUSHED material, and one time we left a party and hitched down the hill together (from a friend's great Mulhuland home) to get some beer at that liquor store at down there at Hollywood & La Brea (out here in Los Angeles), and when we got back, she only drank one half of a 16 oz. Shlitz Malt Liquor ("The Bull" as it was known at the time), and she was all over me, and I mean ALL OVER ME!!!

But seeing her "Condition", I did everything I could to protect her virtue, and I proceed to not "DO" her ultimate wishes. Although we did EVERYTHING we could without actually doing "IT", the next day it was like, it never happened.

She forgot everything.

I STILL...TO THIS DAY, regret that one.

But ya gotta not do what ya gotta not do.

-Paul

Last edited by The Edit King; 09-27-05 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-26-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Edit King
(...leave it to Taley to ask the hard hitting, Edit King-like questions! )

Old 09-26-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I gotta tell ya, Taley!

It's SERIOUSLY WEIRD!

When you post stuff, 9 times outta 10, it was like the VERY THING I was thinkin' of!
Old 09-26-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe I'm your East Coast twin.

After all, I also like to use an abundance of smilies (not quite as many a you ) and I like to go back and "revisit" the wording of my posts . . .
Old 09-26-05, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger
Easy, cheap drunk.
Well HELLO there
Old 09-26-05, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by AudioWizard
Well HELLO there
Paging Nick Danger . . . Nick Danger to Post #6415761 . . .

Old 09-26-05, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by talemyn
Maybe I'm your East Coast twin.
WELL!!!

What an HONOR that would be!

(You've always been such a fine, first class, helpful, & kind, lad here at DVD Talk. )

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.