Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Fellas, Do you use Creams and Treatments for your Face (face care) ?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Fellas, Do you use Creams and Treatments for your Face (face care) ?

Old 09-26-05, 03:27 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 16,459
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fellas, Do you use Creams and Treatments for your Face (face care) ?

I was talking to this girl who works in an upmarket cosmetics boutique. She was telling me that every guy she knows is into using creams on his face, the whole metrosexual face care thing. I told her most guys i know don't bother with that stuff .

Fellas, are you into this stuff ? if so, does it make a difference ?

Is it only the snobby poser types who do this ? or nowadays is it lots of guys ?
Old 09-26-05, 03:45 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,656
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was she trying to sell you something or was she a friend?

I don't use anything on my face. Nothing on my hair either. I also don't bathe or change clothes everyday.
Old 09-26-05, 03:53 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Trelach24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,939
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No but once I had someone put some skin....face....crap on my face to clear out my pores or something and it felt great afterwards. If I had some sitting around I'd use it.
Old 09-26-05, 05:29 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
spainlinx0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 15,048
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have some Noxema facial wash, but that's about it. I would buy stuff, but I would probably always forget I had it. I do have regular lotion because my hands seem to get dry out of the shower. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking care of your skin, and I bet when I'm 50 I'll wish I had paid more attention.
Old 09-26-05, 10:12 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
SoSpacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Jersey
Posts: 4,238
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i own some stuff, but i use it only sometimes.

Clarins Daily Face Wash
Clarins Gel Face Moisturizer
Clarins under Eye Gel

I get bags easily and have some lines on my forehead from how dry I get. I am suppoed to use that stuff twice a day and I probably use it once every other day.

Last edited by SoSpacey; 09-26-05 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-26-05, 10:16 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 11,747
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seacrest out!
Old 09-26-05, 12:23 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
FantasticVSDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: No longer trapped
Posts: 11,610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use some stuff...Mainly special stuff for shaving and some stuff that exfoliates. I have sensitive skin and I dont like it to breakout, so I dont have much of a choice. I would much rather be thought of as less manly then to have my face all broken out.
Old 09-26-05, 12:26 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 11,747
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In all seriousness, Neutrogena was originally developed for Norwegian fishermen and I don't think anyone can accuse them of being unmanly, since they're well known for plundering their share of booty, if you know what I mean. Of course by "plundering their share of booty" I mean "raping cabin boys", so I'm not exactly sure what my point is.
Old 09-26-05, 12:32 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 2,286
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, been using the Loreal face stuff cause starting to see some aging coming in... still want to look 10 years younger for as long as I can !!! (whether the stuff will help or not who knows, but gotta try to fight it !)
Old 09-26-05, 12:34 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ummmm no

maybe sun block if Im going to be on the beach for hours
but thats it
Old 09-26-05, 12:53 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used a bunch of stuff from Clarins, Kiehl, and Nuetragena, etc.

Pre-Shave Soap
Aveda Botanical Kinetics Gel Cleanser (great to use in the shower, though i've run out. )

Shaving
Clarin's shaving gel (very good)
Jack Black Beard Gel (excellent)
Keihl's Heavy Shaving Cream (my favorite, but it gunks up my Mach 3 because it is so thick, using a straight razor with it is best)

I gotta get some more since i've run out of all of 'em. Hmm....Saks Outlet is near me....

Moisturizers
Two different kinds from Kiehl's (use one or the other, not both)

Aftershave
Witch Hazel (oldie, but a goodie)
John Varvato's Aftershave Balm

-p

Last edited by NotThatGuy; 09-26-05 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-26-05, 12:55 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metrosexuality and homosexuality have a dividing line. This is it.
Old 09-26-05, 01:05 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chicago->D.C.
Posts: 6,524
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twikoff
ummmm no

maybe sun block if Im going to be on the beach for hours
but thats it
Almost for me, since I will use a cream if my skin gets dried out from said beach. The rest? Nope. I use regular soap, shampoo etc for shaving for the love of God.
Old 09-26-05, 01:14 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,656
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
I've used a bunch of stuff from Clarins, Kiehl, and Nuetragena, etc.

Pre-Shave Soap
Aveda Botanical Kinetics Gel Cleanser (great to use in the shower, though i've run out. )

Shaving
Clarin's shaving gel (very good)
Jack Black Beard Gel (excellent)
Keihl's Heavy Shaving Cream (my favorite, but it gunks up my Mach 3 because it is so thick, using a straight razor with it is best)

I gotta get some more since i've run out of all of 'em. Hmm....Saks Outlet is near me....

Moisturizers
Two different kinds from Kiehl's (use one or the other, not both)

Aftershave
Witch Hazel (oldie, but a goodie)
John Varvato's Aftershave Balm

-p
If all that stuff leaves you smelling like an old man, then you are safe. If you end up smelling like a 13 year old girl who decided to use all of her mother's perfume bottles at once, then you are a metrosexual.
Old 09-26-05, 01:16 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 30,092
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Original Desmond
I was talking to this girl who works in an upmarket cosmetics boutique. She was telling me that every guy she knows is into using creams on his face
I would have said: "Not my thing but I might reconsider if you squirt."
Old 09-26-05, 01:18 PM
  #16  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 15,957
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tendskin. A must.
Old 09-26-05, 01:23 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,797
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use Biotherm products. They're great! Keep my skin moist and supple.
Old 09-26-05, 01:27 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FinkPish
If all that stuff leaves you smelling like an old man, then you are safe. If you end up smelling like a 13 year old girl who decided to use all of her mother's perfume bottles at once, then you are a metrosexual.
Most/all of the stuff is unscented. The aftershave is meant to compliment the J.V. cologne which I have. Unfortunately J.V. is getting much more popular now (I blame Ashton Kutchar!!!), so more people will probably try it.
Old 09-26-05, 01:29 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
Unfortunately J.V. is getting much more popular now (I blame Ashton Kutchar!!!), so more people will probably try it.
Oh no, then you won't be the cool kid on the block.
Old 09-26-05, 01:35 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scottall
Oh no, then you won't be the cool kid on the block.
I don't like smelling/looking/sounding like everyone else. I was wearking Burberry's: Weekend....but it was phased out for their newer ones. I avoid A&F, Nautica, etc because it seems like most everyone wears the same stuff. I'm not an elitist, I just don't like being a sheep.
Old 09-26-05, 01:38 PM
  #21  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 21,051
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually use Australian products Des.

Jurlique.
Old 09-26-05, 02:39 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,924
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
I don't like smelling/looking/sounding like everyone else. I was wearking Burberry's: Weekend....but it was phased out for their newer ones. I avoid A&F, Nautica, etc because it seems like most everyone wears the same stuff. I'm not an elitist, I just don't like being a sheep.
This seems like a lot of work, especially the sounding like everyone else part.
Old 09-26-05, 02:50 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 11,747
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't take all that they hand me down,
And make out a smile, though I wear a frown,
And I won't take it all lying down,
'Cause once I get started I go to town.

'Cause I'm not like everybody else,
I'm not like everybody else,
I'm not like everybody else,
I'm not like everybody else.
Old 09-26-05, 05:01 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Posts: 4,275
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimfarrow
I use Biotherm products. They're great! Keep my skin moist and supple.
Ummm... okayyyyy...
Old 09-26-05, 05:13 PM
  #25  
Moderator
 
Geofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: The Village Green
Posts: 39,217
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I freely admit that I do. There are truly some great facial products out there for men...Lab Series, Jack Black, Clarins, Kiehl's, but personaly I am a fan of Zirh...


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.