Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Another reason to hate women

Old 08-21-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Another reason to hate women

NOTE: There is nothing "adult" about this post, other than beginning with a reference to an adult-oriented site, so I hope it's ok to be here in Other.

Ok...so I signed up for the free membership on Adult Friend Finder a couple months ago, just to see what would happen, if anything, and I planned not to lose sleep if nothing came of it. After all, why pay out the ass for the silver or gold membership that allows you do more, if more means you're just going to be banging your head against a wall? Not worth it.

So, during the first month, I got a message from a lady who said she liked what I had to say in my profile, and we exchanged one or two more short, mildly-flirtatious messages, then all of a sudden she just stopped replying. I sent another one asking "still there?", but nothing. Fine, no big whoop...moving on.

I checked today's email, and it says I have another message waiting. This one also likes what I wrote in the profile, and gives her Yahoo ID if I wanted to chat. I brought up Messenger and dropped her a message. Just a few minutes later she messaged back, and we started chatting. We made small talk about our jobs, locations, sex (of course), but nothing overtly sexy or anything at this point. It seemed like we were hitting it off, had a few things in common, and about 40 minutes in she asked for a pic, adding that there's no point in wasting our time if there's no chemistry. She had a pic on her Yahoo profile, and I didn't, so I figured it was only fair to send a pic. Besides, we already seemed to be hitting it off, so I figured a pic wouldn't make too much difference. I don't have a lot of pics of myself on the computer, but I have one that I like that's maybe 5 years old, and I don't look much different than I did then, so I sent it. She asked again how old I was, I told her, and she said I look younger in the pic. I told her I've always been told I look younger than I am, regardless of how old that pic was. She comes back with "You're cute but not sure there's a lot of chemistry there. Sorry but i'm honest", and her next message was "I'm usually attracted to blondes". We exchanged a couple more messages on the subject of hair color, then she said "Well I don't want to waste your time, and I wish you the best, I really do.......", and that was pretty much it. I didn't debate it or anything, and I pretty much told her "later on", and ended it.

After that, I got to thinking about it, and I realized that, once again, I had encountered another woman who's definition of "chemistry" is "if you look good, I will continue to talk to you, regardless of how much we may have already hit it off." I know I'm no Brad Pitt, but I'm not exactly a leper.

So basically, we practically knew nothing about each other, other than from the small talk we had already exchanged, and she based her final opinion of me solely on what I look like. It's as if she were saying "I don't care for the way you look, therefore you're not worth getting to know any further." Why does it seem like all women are superficial like this?

Thoughts/opinions?

Last edited by The_Infidel; 08-21-05 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-21-05, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Why does it seem like all women are superficial like this?
Because they all are.
One of the essential facts of life is that women are stupid.
Old 08-21-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by natevines
Because they all are.
Old 08-21-05, 06:41 PM

.. doesn't sound too surprising. Perhaps if you had alot of money - it would'nt matter what you look like.
Old 08-21-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought people were going to bust my balls, but I guess nate is going to end up taking the bullets on this one.
Old 08-21-05, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by natevines
Because they all are.
This oughta be good.
Old 08-21-05, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You join AdultFriendFinder and expect the people involved will be interested in more than looks and/or money?
Old 08-21-05, 06:45 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

you're looking for a meaningful relationship with a woman you met on adult friend finder? good luck.
Old 08-21-05, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Most people that post on those type of sites aren't looking for love. They are looking for a hottie, or money, or a hottie with money.
Case in point: my father in law. He seems to think he needs a twenty something with a killer body. He could meet someone that shares all his interests and seems like the perfect woman. If he were to see a pic and she was older or not "hot", he would just stop talking to her.
So it's not just women.
Old 08-21-05, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^^ What they said.
Old 08-21-05, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who does that bitch think she is? How dare she hold out for a better looking sex partner.

Men NEVER do this.
Old 08-21-05, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought all the girls on there were prostitutes using the site as advertising.
Old 08-21-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never said anything about looking for a "meaningful relationship". After all, we are talking about Adult Friend Finder.
Old 08-21-05, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by asabase
I thought all the girls on there were prostitutes using the site as advertising.
I thought all the girls on there (well a good percentage) were made up by AFF to get horny guys to join?
Old 08-21-05, 07:35 PM

. Why does it seem like all women are superficial like this?

Thoughts/opinions?
Women can say the very same thing about men.

Society is the one to blame.. we have a 'vision' of perfection and everyone is in serach of that..
Old 08-21-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

:nopics:
Old 08-21-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never said anything about looking for a "meaningful relationship". After all, we are talking about Adult Friend Finder.
Doesn't it stand to reason that people (men and women) using a site designed to find sex partners would be mostly interested in, y'know, looks?

Originally Posted by Bloomiesgirl
Society is the one to blame.. we have a 'vision' of perfection and everyone is in serach of that..
That's an easy bullshit answer. It's genetics.
Old 08-21-05, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think it's another reason to hate women...

I think it's one of the SAME reasons to hate women

Just kiddin'... I luvs wimmens

I'd suggest updating your pic. It's a good idea to have the current "look". Maybe she got the vibe that it was an older pic.

Good luck, though!
Old 08-21-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow..

Men are superficial as well. It's not just women. I have red hair I've had a guy tell me the only reason he was dating me was because I was a red head.
You are just meeting the wrong woman.

On another note to generalize and entire sex based on a couple of interactions is pretty ignorant. Woman do so much to themselves just so a guy will talk to them.
Old 08-21-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So the reason that men should hate women... is that women are the ones that are superficial and concerned only with looks???

Old 08-21-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lookin' For Love--Johnny Lee

I spent a lifetime lookin' for you
Single bars and good time lovers were never true
Playing a fools game, hopin' to win
Tellin' those sweet lies and losin' again.

Chorus

I was lookin' for love in all the wrong places
Lookin' for love in too many places
Searchin' her eyes, lookin' for traces
Of what I'm dreamin' of
Hoping to find a friend and a lover
I'll bless the day I discover,
You - lookin' for love.

I was alone then, no love in sight
I did everything I could to get me through the night
Don't know where it started or where it might end
I'd turn to a stranger just like a friend.
Old 08-21-05, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You did she her pic first. She didn't ask for your pic until you had chatted for some time. Then when she asked for it and saw your pic, she wasn't very attracted to you. You may just not be her type physically. Don't be discouraged by that. If you put your pic on your profile, you'll probably get more messages than you would get without a pic and also you won't need to waste **YOUR** time on people who don't think you're attractive.
Old 08-21-05, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I suggest posting your pic so we can judge whether she was looney or spot on.

Also, how can you hate women? They have boobies. That makes up for all the craziness their gender is responsible for.
Old 08-21-05, 08:35 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
I'm not talking to The Infidel anymore until he posts a pic of himself. I mean, I want to know if we're compatable.
Old 08-21-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I say forget and don't loose sleep over it. I'm sure you have "hit it off" with some people and not "hit it off" with others. Whever the reason for hitting it off or on with someone is no better then any other reason.

If she didn't like you because....what??? Would you be ok with anything she said? If she didn't like you because....your not smart enough would that make you feel better? Or she didn't like you because you spend so much time at Otter? I mean we all feel a little low when someone doesn't like us, but is there any reason that would be would be like "good she didn't like me because....". She didn't like or doesn't want to take the time to see if there is anything there for whatever reason. Her call, just as it was your call. No biggy....

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.