DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Anyone Have/Want a Hummer H3? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/434296-anyone-have-want-hummer-h3.html)

criptik28 08-16-05 08:03 AM

How are you only 20 but can afford a BMW X5?

SpaceBoy 08-16-05 08:25 AM


Originally Posted by criptik28
How are you only 20 but can afford a BMW X5?

I was just typing about to type this too.

ESUguy 08-16-05 08:30 AM


Originally Posted by criptik28
How are you only 20 but can afford a BMW X5?

He's the guy in that commercial, "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs. Please help me."

either that or he's e-rich.

Obey The D 08-16-05 08:39 AM


Originally Posted by troystiffler

My VW Golf comfortably holds (and has held many times) two adults, two kids, a dog, and a few cartfulls of groceries.

And fuck snow. I lived in SNOWY MOUNTAINS. I'm not talking about panzy-ass town set against mountains. And my Mom moved us around in a Taurus and a 2WD Ranger. A Ford fucking Taurus! If you're using "snow" as a reason, you better be offroading - jumping hills and shit. Otherwise, you're just being duped by the TV.

1) I used to have a Golf as well, it had room, but if I had my choice of taking a Golf or an SUV to load up after a trip to Home Depot, I'd take the SUV.

2) Try driving that Taurus when there's 10-12 inches of fresh snow on the ground. I'd stay in untill the roads were plowed if I could, but when we get hammered with snow I need to go into work to check on things right away.

I can agree with you to a certain extent, but try to understand that to some people these vehicles are a necessity.

Hiro11 08-16-05 08:42 AM

Hummers are one of the worst made cars on the road. They're also horribly overpriced and have crap resale value.

If you really need an SUV, get a new Xterra:
-pricing stops where the H3 starts. 29K will get you a loaded Xterra.
-much better quality than the Hummer, the first generation were essential faultless and the new ones have been just as good
-it's a serious, body-on-frame off road truck, it can handle anything an H3 can. It has a lockable rear dif and a very tough suspension
-250 HP/270 pound feet from a sweet VQ V6, probably the best V6 on the planet.
-simple, practical, bombproof interior with an excellent optional stereo
-it even looks good

If I was in the market for a truck in this class, I'd get the XTerra in a heartbeat.

B.A. 08-16-05 09:38 AM

If it weren't for the Green Sheet we are going to get, my ass would be buying a 4Runner. One day, 4Runner, I will own you. :)

drapg 08-16-05 10:03 AM

A lot of you that are trashing the H3s are basing your opinions on the H2s.

I've long hated the H2s b/c they were too big and bulky and got around 9-10mpg

But the H3 is comparable to a Chevy Tahoe, and is priced just a bit less. Plus, you can go off road with greater handling (if that's your thing).

I bought it b/c I wanted an SUV and I wanted to try something new and different before I settle down, get married, and have to get something more practical (i.e. minivan).

The H3s are nothing like the H2s.

Michael T Hudson 08-16-05 10:06 AM


Originally Posted by criptik28
How are you only 20 but can afford a BMW X5?

He is a Player. ;)

svadas 08-16-05 10:23 AM

Why settle for anything less? Don't want to be a poser right?

http://www.internationaldelivers.com...vere/CXT-2.gif

LorenzoL 08-16-05 10:30 AM


Originally Posted by BigDaddy
He is a Player. ;)

:lol:

That's right don't hate the Player, hate the Game. :p

Nick Danger 08-16-05 10:34 AM


Originally Posted by drapg
I bought a red H3 several weeks ago.

I'm freakin' in love with this car.

Gas mileage is no issue. Averages 18mpg, just as good as other SUVs.

If you want more specifics about the car, just ask!

How useful is the interior space?

A couple of years ago, one of Mrs. Danger's customers picked up some framed paintings where she worked. He couldn't fit them into his Hummer. He had to come back with smaller car. :lol:

drapg 08-16-05 10:53 AM


Originally Posted by Nick Danger
How useful is the interior space?

A couple of years ago, one of Mrs. Danger's customers picked up some framed paintings where she worked. He couldn't fit them into his Hummer. He had to come back with smaller car. :lol:


Interior space is fine. The rear section is not as big as that of a Grand Cherokee, Explorer, or Tahoe. But with the 60/40 back seat split, you can fit pretty much anything in it that you would in any other SUV.

fnordboy 08-16-05 11:11 AM

I like the H3, and would buy it if it wasn't so insanely priced.

But I am perfectly happy with my Element:

http://www.cadaverbaby.com/misc/horrortalk/element.jpg

CRM114 08-16-05 01:08 PM


Originally Posted by VinVega
Be honest. It's "Log in as the opposite poster day" at DVDTalk, right? My world just got shook up a bit here. :whofart: and :lol:

I'm curious. When did being liberal (as in not being a stuffed shirt conservative) mean being concerned with gas mileage?

damn_skippy 08-16-05 01:24 PM


Originally Posted by PrincessT
Were I not happily married, I'd do loads of things for a guy with a Prius. He'd have more hummers than a dealership.


Once again here is the proof. I dont know shit.;)

but tell me something what is it about the prius that makes you want to give out hummers so freely. Is it the sleek body styling, gas miliage or them "oh so cool bling bling" 13 rims that gives you the hots?

http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicle...ge/photo_5.jpg

CRM114 08-16-05 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by fnordboy
I like the H3, and would buy it if it wasn't so insanely priced.

But I am perfectly happy with my Element:

30 grand is "insanely priced?"

CRM114 08-16-05 01:38 PM

BTW, picking up chicks is NOT on my lists of requirements for my new SUV. Loading my chick, my dog, and my kid and loads of vacation crap is.

Obey The D 08-16-05 01:46 PM


Originally Posted by CRM114
30 grand is "insanely priced?"

They are closer to $40,000 if you want leather, auto trans, etc. It's alot of money considering that the interior space is about the same size as a Jeep Liberty.

Goat3001 08-16-05 02:14 PM


Originally Posted by criptik28
How are you only 20 but can afford a BMW X5?

I really don't want to get into that but lets just say it is by legal means.

And no they aren't "plus sized girls". Well not all the time anyway. I just feel that I'm too young to be driving a sedan so it was a coupe or an SUV, I went with the SUV for that reason. That and I need something big to fit all my shit in for when I drive to school.

PrincessT 08-16-05 02:19 PM


Originally Posted by damn_skippy
Once again here is the proof. I dont know shit.;)

but tell me something what is it about the prius that makes you want to give out hummers so freely. Is it the sleek body styling, gas miliage or them "oh so cool bling bling" 13 rims that gives you the hots?

Mostly it's the gas mileage and decreased ecological footprint--besides, what girl wants a guy who spews out an extra 8 or 10 tons of greenhouse gas--but I do have an eye for the entire package. The body styling drives me wild--I *love* it, so much better than the old one! The rims, yeah, OK, that's cool too, but it's all about the mileage and economy.

Why would a girl want a dude who spends all his money on gas and his ride, but can't afford to move out of an apartment? A well-priced, extremely efficient car shows a man is thoughtful, environmentally concerned, financially aware and probably stable, reliable and trustworthy. Sure, that's reading a lot into it, but that's how it works :)

Goat3001 08-16-05 02:27 PM


Originally Posted by Hiro11
Hummers are one of the worst made cars on the road. They're also horribly overpriced and have crap resale value.

If you really need an SUV, get a new Xterra:
-pricing stops where the H3 starts. 29K will get you a loaded Xterra.
-much better quality than the Hummer, the first generation were essential faultless and the new ones have been just as good
-it's a serious, body-on-frame off road truck, it can handle anything an H3 can. It has a lockable rear dif and a very tough suspension
-250 HP/270 pound feet from a sweet VQ V6, probably the best V6 on the planet.
-simple, practical, bombproof interior with an excellent optional stereo
-it even looks good

If I was in the market for a truck in this class, I'd get the XTerra in a heartbeat.


I agree. The Xterra is a great car and for 29k loaded its very worth it. Not to mention they are much more reliable than Hummers.

Obey The D 08-16-05 02:40 PM


Originally Posted by Goat3001
I agree. The Xterra is a great car and for 29k loaded its very worth it. Not to mention they are much more reliable than Hummers.

The bump in HP that they gave the new model was well needed. I have a 2002 Xterra that I use for work and it is an absolute dog on the highway. My 350Z has the VQ engine and I'm quite happy with it.

VinVega 08-16-05 02:43 PM


Originally Posted by damn_skippy
Once again here is the proof. I dont know shit.;)

but tell me something what is it about the prius that makes you want to give out hummers so freely. Is it the sleek body styling, gas miliage or them "oh so cool bling bling" 13 rims that gives you the hots?

The Prius would give me the hot if it were at least 5 grand cheaper. :(

Green Smurf 08-16-05 03:39 PM

I love my Chevy Tracker, it gets about 22mpg, and it's great when it snows here in Milwaukee. I was one of the only people to make it to work on time when it snowed 12 inches here. I wouldn't use the 4 wheel drive all the time, but it's nice. Also it's perfect for hauling my great dane around.

drapg 08-16-05 03:45 PM


Originally Posted by PrincessT
Why would a girl want a dude who spends all his money on gas and his ride, but can't afford to move out of an apartment? A well-priced, extremely efficient car shows a man is thoughtful, environmentally concerned, financially aware and probably stable, reliable and trustworthy. Sure, that's reading a lot into it, but that's how it works :)

Who says Hummer drivers (or SUV drivers) in general can't afford to move out of an apartment? I bought my first home (I'm 27) 1 month before buying the Hummer.

I am thoughtful.

I am environmentally concerned (I recycle religiously).

I am very financially aware.

I am stable, reliable, and trustworthy.

Why do you judge me by what I drive?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.