DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Anyone Have/Want a Hummer H3? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/434296-anyone-have-want-hummer-h3.html)

Trigger 08-15-05 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by damn_skippy
We all know what your preference in girls is. http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...e/cocacola.gif

The whole chick and car thing is one of those where im talking out of my ass. I've been with my wife for close to 10 yrs (since i was 19:jawdrop: )so really i dont know.

As for talking shit on the G wagon my friend you honestly dont know shit. The g wagon is 460 hp on and small lightweight suv frame. That thing is an instant smile when you hit the gas.

You can have your jeep i'll take the G wagon anyday of the week.

-rolleyes- you're right, that's my preference... I remember saying that was something I had a problem with. :p

As for the g wagon - I just said it's fugly... I didn't say it wasn't fun to drive or anything. Don't take offense. Lots of people think the cars I like are fugly

uli2000 08-15-05 06:48 PM

IMO Hummers are BIG P.O.S. I have driven one a couple of times and yes its big and people look at you but it is way underpowered and looks like a big turd.

Look at this one. Its a lot more expensive but it kicks ass.

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/G500.jsp

http://www.mbusa.com/media/images/ma...ext_0_main.jpg

http://www.mbusa.com/media/images/ma...ext_5_main.jpg

If you want one, get one now. This is the last year a civilian G class will be made. The German and Austian Armies have used these for almost 30 yrs. Extremely capable off road. They are getting rid of the G class and replacing it with a bigger M class and closing down the Austrian factory where they are made(story here).

As far as the price, its better that what it was. They start about 85k now, but before 2002, there was only one distributer in the US and they started about 135k. Its too bad MB didnt bring the SWB and softtop versions. I think they can outwheel the LR D90, which is about the same size.

drapg 08-15-05 07:11 PM

I bought a red H3 several weeks ago.

I'm freakin' in love with this car.

Gas mileage is no issue. Averages 18mpg, just as good as other SUVs.

If you want more specifics about the car, just ask!

CRM114 08-15-05 07:15 PM

drapg - Does it feel underpowered?

drapg 08-15-05 07:18 PM

Not at all.

I was concerned about the 220hp engine at first, but it does just the trick.

However, it is noticeable when driving uphill when the car is filled with 5-6 people. But I rarely do that

SleepyW 08-15-05 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by CRM114
BTW, the only other SUV I'm considering at the moment is the Infiniti QX56.

http://images.autobytel.com/view/aic...frdrvr75_x.jpg

I like the Acura MDX if it was just slightly bigger.

Why not save yourself the money and get the Nissan Armada? That's like people buying the over-rpiced Infinit version of the Murano. I don't get it.

vaporware 08-15-05 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by drapg
Not at all.

I was concerned about the 220hp engine at first, but it does just the trick.

However, it is noticeable when driving uphill when the car is filled with 5-6 people. But I rarely do that

Do they have to get out and push?

drapg 08-15-05 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by waporvare
Do they have to get out and push?

No.

CRM114 08-15-05 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by SleepyW
Why not save yourself the money and get the Nissan Armada? That's like people buying the over-rpiced Infinit version of the Murano. I don't get it.

:lol: Please don't compare an Infinit FX to a Murano. They are completely different vehicles built on completely different platforms. (The FX is built on the same platform as a 350Z and Infiniti G35 where the Murano is built on the Altima/Maxima platform.)

What I don't get are the people that pay $30K for a Nissan Maxima when they could get an Infinit G35 in the same ballpark.

There is little comparison between premium brands and their counterparts. Honda Accord or Acura TL? C'mon. Go drive an Infiniti and then drive a Nissan. Apples and oranges.

B.A. 08-15-05 09:45 PM

That's what my wife wants to buy next year w/ the Green Sheet we are going to get from her cousin.

CRM114 08-15-05 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.
That's what my wife wants to buy next year w/ the Green Sheet we are going to get from her cousin.

Put wood panels on the side and it would look like one of those old Cherokee Chiefs.

http://images.speurders.nl/images/63...8_1_detail.jpg

B.A. 08-15-05 09:59 PM

Put wood panels on the side and it would look like one of those old Cherokee Chiefs.

http://images.speurders.nl/images/63...8_1_detail.jpg

Or an updated Wagoneer. :up:

B.A. 08-15-05 10:00 PM

I still wish Ford would bring back the full-sized Bronco.

SleepyW 08-15-05 10:08 PM

There is little comparison between premium brands and their counterparts. Honda Accord or Acura TL? C'mon. Go drive an Infiniti and then drive a Nissan. Apples and oranges.

I have. I had a Maxima and currently have a Murano. There's nothing an Infiniti Q45 or whatever has that would make me spend the extra cash for the same features. And my Murano is decked out, minus the nav system (I would have kept the Maxima except I decided on getting a 4 wheel drive).

CRM114 08-15-05 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by SleepyW
I have. I had a Maxima and currently have a Murano. There's nothing an Infiniti Q45 or whatever has that would make me spend the extra cash for the same features. And my Murano is decked out, minus the nav system (I would have kept the Maxima except I decided on getting a 4 wheel drive).

The difference is performance and finish. Simple. The difference between Toyota, Honda, and Nissan and their higher end lines is pretty obvious.

criptik28 08-15-05 10:59 PM

I want a hummer right about now.

solipsta 08-15-05 11:20 PM

I'm gonna wait for the Hummer H6 that's the size of a Mini Cooper.

DVD Polizei 08-15-05 11:30 PM

What's with the FUGLY flat front faces on these new 4x4 wannabes.

LasVegasMichael 08-15-05 11:37 PM

I am considering the H3 for my next car. I am not too thrilled with the fact that it got smaller, though. Also considering the Escalade, but it has such a trendy stigma attached, that I am starting to lean against it. I have driven Cadillacs for years (always the DeVille DHS sedans), but want to upgrade to an SUV due to the growing family. Will probably look more at the Navigator & X5 as well.

Troy Stiffler 08-16-05 02:39 AM

1. Snow
2. Lots of snow
3. Safety from asshats
4. Kids and dog and stuff don't fit in a car

5. If you are an accidental "asshat", it was THEIR fault for driving a car smaller than yours.

My VW Golf comfortably holds (and has held many times) two adults, two kids, a dog, and a few cartfulls of groceries.

And fuck snow. I lived in SNOWY MOUNTAINS. I'm not talking about panzy-ass town set against mountains. I'm talking about two-hour bus rides to school every morning. I lived in a town[ship] of ten. Sixty miles away from a fast food joint. And my Mom moved us around in a Taurus and a 2WD Ranger. A Ford fucking Taurus! If you're using "snow" as a reason, you better be offroading - jumping hills and shit. Otherwise, you're just being duped by the TV.

Sorry. I"ve always hated big, hunky, excessive SUV's (moving to Politics...). And after I was sideswiped by some soccer-mom bitch in a Durango (standard "let's spaz out because there's a bus ahead ... let's rip over into the other lane, and not even pay attention to the person directly beside you") a couple years ago, my opinion of them has only lowered.

I'll never lower myself to buying one.

1. Too excessive in spirit.
2. Too little gas milege.
3. Too many bad memories.

Not crappin'. Only passing gas. Just thought this thread could use some subversive 'tude.

Goat3001 08-16-05 02:55 AM

Another reason to drive an SUV: Girls.

I'm 20 and drive a BMW X5 and its nice to go out to a club with two of your guy friends and have room in the car to fit a girl for each of you comfortably. Yeah gas prices can be a bitch but if thats the cost of being a player, I'm ok with it.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting the H2 for a bit before settling on the X5. It would've looked nice on 24's but alas I have a bias for German vehicles. I hope to get one of those Gemballa Cayenne's someday.

CRM114 08-16-05 07:34 AM

I like those X5's too.

LasVegasMichael - Who cares about the trendy stigma? IF you like the Escalade, buy one! Its hilarious how much emotion car choice brings out in people.

troystiffler - A Golf with that much shit? Thats just sad. Lets see you do it for a 6 hour road trip.

VinVega 08-16-05 07:55 AM

My Explorer gets 16mpg...this would be an improvement.

Originally Posted by nemein
ugh... I don't see how/why anyone would drive anything that doesn't get atleast 25 (if not 30), aside from needing something that large for business purposes.

Be honest. It's "Log in as the opposite poster day" at DVDTalk, right? My world just got shook up a bit here. :whofart: and :lol:

svadas 08-16-05 07:56 AM

Are these "plus size girls" that cannot fit in a normal car?

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Another reason to drive an SUV: Girls.

I'm 20 and drive a BMW X5 and its nice to go out to a club with two of your guy friends and have room in the car to fit a girl for each of you comfortably. Yeah gas prices can be a bitch but if thats the cost of being a player, I'm ok with it.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting the H2 for a bit before settling on the X5. It would've looked nice on 24's but alas I have a bias for German vehicles. I hope to get one of those Gemballa Cayenne's someday.

PrincessT 08-16-05 07:59 AM

Last I checked you dont get chicks in a prius.;)

Were I not happily married, I'd do loads of things for a guy with a Prius. He'd have more hummers than a dealership.