Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Have you bought employee discount car?

Old 08-15-05, 07:34 AM

Have you bought employee discount car?

Has any one here bought a new car/truck during the employee pricing period? Were you able to negotiate further or have extras added for free or reduced cost.

I am trying to buy a F-150 and they stated that they could not come in any lower on the lease nor add anything for free like a bedliner due to the low prices set by Ford.

I had put a deposit down but am thinking of going there, picking up my refund and walking out unless they work a little more with me.

How did you make out?
Old 08-15-05, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Have you had any pricing in writing? Have you signed anything? Why put a deposit down until these things are finalized?

I doubt Ford cares what options are on the vehicle, with the exception of dealer add-ons. Ford, like other carmakers, are looking for the $$$$.

Would it change the dealers terms if you were looking to buy instead or lease?

As they say on the Mustangs boards, if a dealer doesn't want to deal, then there are many others. One will conform to your needs...eventually.

Don't leave a deposit until you have signed pricing by the GM, salesman and you. I would also assume you are leaving a deposit because it will be a factory order and not off the lot F-150.
Old 08-15-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I have read a couple of deal sites and forums on the employee pricing and it does indeed appear that with this pricinger there are few if any "freebies". However, each of those add-on's should also have an employee price.

BTW, unless you had your heart set on new you might want to check out used. I've read like three articles recently where July/August has been the best selling month(s) ever and most folks traded in a car. Many dealers are busting at the seams with used cars and they are dealing even more on them.
Old 08-15-05, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh no bear is driving employee discount car!

We're in the market for a new car but only the domestic dealerships is having this sale. We're Honda/Nissan people, and we're looking for a low-mileage used car.
Old 08-15-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You might want to check out Fatwallet. I followed the Subaru employee pricing thread just because it was interesting, but there is a Ford thread there too.

I am glad that Honda doesn't need to do this.
Old 08-15-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My brother works for Ford, so I get his discount whenever. The discount only applies to Factory installed options. The discount comes out to about 3% below Dealer cost.

I went with my mom and we got her a Ford Escape.

The wife and I were going to get 2 '05 Taurus's(ii?), and she went while I was at work. She worked on them and got her trade in value up $1000 (I was going to keep mine and sell it outright since it has over 120k miles). She was all set to sign then they showed her the payments, and they were way higher then what we calculated. They had a $4000 cash back and 2.9% financing when she called. But they told her when she got there that it was one or the other.
Old 08-15-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's been my experience, they will give your deposit back if you change your mind. I've left deposits to hold the vehicle so they won't sell it. Then I go and check out insurance rates and if I couldn't afford it I'll cancel the sale.
Old 08-15-05, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
...had a $4000 cash back and 2.9% financing when she called. But they told her when she got there that it was one or the other.
Per edmunds, the $4000 Cash to Customer may not be combined 0%-4.9% APR.
Old 08-15-05, 12:20 PM

Yeah I left a deposit for them to hold a truck. Thanks for all the info
Old 08-15-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My father did.
Old 08-15-05, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought a Pontiac G6. I got 500 dollars off of the employee discount price.

They didn't want to budge on the discount price. But then when we were filling out all the paper work and stuff the salesperson got to the point where he asked if we wanted to talk about GM financing. We said we weren't going to finance. he said, oh then you get 500 more dollars off. We had no idea that was even an option. Salesperson could have gotten away with screwing us out of the 500 bucks. We didn't know about it.
Old 08-15-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I bought my 99 Cavalier through the employee discount program. Most of my family worked at the old Fisher Body GM plant in Willow Springs. I think sticker on my car was $16,500 and I paid $12000. It was $500 under dealer invoice or something like that. The discount isn't the same now, it sucks!
Old 08-15-05, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rabbit77
Oh no bear is driving employee discount car!

We're in the market for a new car but only the domestic dealerships is having this sale. We're Honda/Nissan people, and we're looking for a low-mileage used car.
A Suzuki dealership up the street from me is having employee discounts. They aren't calling it that, but when I went in to see them today, they said that's basically what it is. I was checking out a $17000.00 Arieo that they would sell for $12900.00. Not too shabby, but I wasn't ready to buy.

Now if Toyota runs specials lke this, especially on their Scion modles, I will be all over that like flies on honey!
Old 08-15-05, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

$16K for a Cavalier? *faints
Old 08-15-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My buddy is a mechanic for a big BMW dealership, and he says he can get any BMW for 66% of sticker. He said he also has to sign a agreement the car is for his personal use only.

We just boght a Pontiac Montana SV6 and only really saved abot 3K with the discount.
Old 08-15-05, 04:46 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

66% off sticker on a BMW. madness I tell ya..

Most people don't go for off sticker, preferring to go for an over invoice target.

I got my last few BMW's at around 1000 over invoice.
Old 08-15-05, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by calhoun07
A Suzuki dealership up the street from me is having employee discounts. They aren't calling it that, but when I went in to see them today, they said that's basically what it is. I was checking out a $17000.00 Arieo that they would sell for $12900.00. Not too shabby, but I wasn't ready to buy.

Now if Toyota runs specials lke this, especially on their Scion modles, I will be all over that like flies on honey!
If they were any cheaper, they'd being paying YOU to take a Scion.
The demand is white-hot for all 3 Scion models. Especially considering that 06 is the last model year for the xB.
Old 08-15-05, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
I was tempted to see how much it would cost after trade in to "upgrade" from an 02 to 05 Trailblazer

one thing I've noticed, at least in Buffalo all the other dealers are offering employee pricing too. Ford, Nissan, Toyota, etc. I think they're all scared of losing business