Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Yep, I'm a shoplifter

Old 08-14-05, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, I'm a shoplifter

Yesterday, I went into CVS to pick up a few things for my trip to Mystic tomorrow. I didn't use a handbasket because I only had a few things, including a watch battery. As I walked up to the cashiers, I took out my debit card and was holding it in the same hand as the battery. Just as I was getting there, I dropped my shampoo. I didn't have a free hand, so I put my debit card in my shirt pocket. Of course, I didn't realize I was also holding the battery in that hand, so that went into my pocket too. I bought the rest of my items and went home. Man, would I have been embarassed if I got pinched.

I STOLE it. I'm a STEALER. I'm a STEALING STEALER.
Old 08-14-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've done that sort of thing once or twice, and I've just gone back to the store (the same day or the next day for sure, and even once I called the store to tell them what happened and that I'd be coming in) and paid for the item to set things straight with myself.
Old 08-14-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And then the cashier pocketed the money
Old 08-14-05, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not my problem.

I did what I believe was the right thing to do (in my own life, but YMMV), and I received the peace of mind (plus a few other goodies), and other folks will do whatever they think is right, and more power to 'em, however, if it isn't, they'll pick up the Payback just as sure as I picked up the peace of mind.

Payback is a Way-Harsh Mistress.

Tek

Last edited by The Edit King; 08-14-05 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-14-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Goose, don't listen to TEK, that goody-two-shoes. Listen to your heart instead. You enjoyed that, didn't you? You liked the action, the danger... heck, all you can think about is going into the store again for that next pinch, right? Am I right? Sure I am.
Old 08-14-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yah Tw33ker!!!!111!!!
Old 08-14-05, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

First time huh?
Old 08-14-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Edit King

Not my problem.

I did what I believe was the right thing to do (in my own life, but YMMV), and I received the peace of mind (plus a few other goodies), and other folks will do whatever they think is right, and more power to 'em, however, if it isn't, they'll pick up the Payback just as sure as I picked up the peace of mind.

Tek
By doing that you were blessed with good karma. Just think how your operation would have gone had you not had good karma surrounding you.

I'm with you. I'd go back and settle up, too.
Old 08-14-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Go back and pay for it. That way they won't suspect you when you swipe a carton of smokes.
Old 08-14-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I did that the other day at target.

I had six gallons of water in my cart. I handed one to the cashier, and said 'I have six of these here. Finished up. I got out to my car, and started packing the groceries in the trunk. Low and behold a little bottle of plum sauce was in the back of the cart, tucked behind all the water.

Felt kind of bad. But would have felt dumb going in and paying for it. So I just left.

I shop there enough. If it were some little mom and pop shop, I would have went back. But screw it.

It was a clean getaway. AND THEY'LL NEVER CATCH ME!
Old 08-14-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
I had something similar happen to me at K-Mart awhile back...but not really. After arriving home I noticed there was an extra bag filled with disposable razors, mousetraps, and KY Jelly. Apparently the cashier had given me someone else's purchase. The irony of the whole situation was that I NEEDED that stuff anyway, and I thoroughly enjoyed using everything in that bag. I felt really dirty afterwards...but in a good way.
Old 08-14-05, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You needed the KY Jelly?
Old 08-14-05, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by criptik28
You needed the KY Jelly?
With mousetraps????
Old 08-14-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well, i guess catching mice are cheaper than buying rabbits...
Old 08-14-05, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe he shaved some mice, coated them with the KY Jelly, then squeezed 'em out of his hands (like a few wet bars of soap) to see if the traps were any good at catching flying vermin?
WHAT THE...

THEEK?

Last edited by The Edit King; 08-14-05 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-14-05, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She sure is.
Anyway, if she needs to know what time it is, she can ask me. I've got a brand new watch battery.
Old 08-14-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

last summer I was doing some major shopping and had a full cart - there was a case of beer on the rack below the cart that I completely forgot about because you just couldn't see it....neither could they apparently as they bagged everything and put the bags in the cart. I was walking out and dropped something so I bent down to pick it up and noticed the beer - but I was already out the door so I just kept walking. It's a huge lot and it was a saturday so it was a bit of a walk, along the way I saw two hotties showing some serious cleavage loading shit into a car and was of course captivated....so I loaded all my groceries into the truck and took off, only to realize a few minutes later that I had once again forgotten about the beer and left it on the bottom of the cart! I quick turned around and went back, found the cart corrall I had put it in, but it was already gone

So not only did I steal a case of beer, but I didn't get a single one of them I only hoped that some teenagers were the lucky ones that found it...so that I could be the inspiration for the coolest thing that's ever happened to them.
Old 08-14-05, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

At Sears one time they forgot to rin up a power drill and bagged it with the rest of my stuff.
Old 08-14-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just think, seven years from now you don't have anything to worry about.
Old 08-14-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've definitely had stuff that didn't get rung up, but its usually some small item and I don't notice right away. I'm not driving back to the store to pay for a $3.00 item. I haven't been lucky enough for them to forget to ring up an iPod or a laptop yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that one.
Old 08-14-05, 08:20 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Originally Posted by brizz
last summer I was doing some major shopping and had a full cart - there was a case of beer on the rack below the cart that I completely forgot about because you just couldn't see it....neither could they apparently as they bagged everything and put the bags in the cart. I was walking out and dropped something so I bent down to pick it up and noticed the beer - but I was already out the door so I just kept walking. It's a huge lot and it was a saturday so it was a bit of a walk, along the way I saw two hotties showing some serious cleavage loading shit into a car and was of course captivated....so I loaded all my groceries into the truck and took off, only to realize a few minutes later that I had once again forgotten about the beer and left it on the bottom of the cart! I quick turned around and went back, found the cart corrall I had put it in, but it was already gone

So not only did I steal a case of beer, but I didn't get a single one of them I only hoped that some teenagers were the lucky ones that found it...so that I could be the inspiration for the coolest thing that's ever happened to them.

Worst. Thief. Ever.

Old 08-14-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Shame on all of you.
Old 08-15-05, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've done that once or twice by accident. Forgetting to take something out of the cart onto the belt by mistake.
Old 08-15-05, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i do the same once in a while...only with little stuff...

fudge it.
Old 08-15-05, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brizz

Hmmm. . . stealing and supplying teenagers with alcohol. Could it be karma that brought you your neighbors across the street?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.