Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Who is your most obnoxious neighbor?

Other Talk "Otterville"

Who is your most obnoxious neighbor?

Old 06-21-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I shared my bedroom wall with a couple that would have huge fights at about 3-4 a.m. I'm talking wall-shaking fights. I remember one especially wonderful time when the girlfriend used the phrase "Just get the fuck out" about 50 times, then proceded to beat the guy with what sounded like a lamp. Many of the fights ended with make-up sex, where about 10 minutes of steady moaning would be followed by this basic dialogue:

Guy: "Ok, now turn over."
*a few seconds pass*
Girl: "Ow. Ow. Ow! OW!!"
Guy: "Just relax!"
Girl: "OW!"
Guy: "Relax!"

Good times, good times.
Old 06-21-05, 05:31 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KnightLerxst
I can always hear him yelling at his mannish looking wife next door. One of the most memorable quotes from him is "I am the man...you walk behind me!!!"
Maybe he's just trying to set the record straight for everyone's benefit.
Old 06-21-05, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs, Inc
I know somebody that posts here that lived above a dead person for a while. It was annoying when he got huge ass houseflys in his condo.
Dead people are just so obnoxious. How dare they???
Old 06-21-05, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts
My next-door neighboor thinks he is God's gift to broken down automobiles. He works on cars in front of his home every weekday evening and all day on the weekends. It looks like he does it as a side job.

The two-bedroom house directly across the street has about 12 occupants. Mostly adult males who own nice cars and giant trucks. They should spend less money on their vehicles and more money on rent.
Old 06-21-05, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick Danger
he makes "I'm in danger!" screams
So... sometimes, Nick Danger's small child of a neighbor screams "I'm in Danger!"

Is this while you two have "playtime", you pervert?
Old 06-21-05, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

only two direct neighbors for me (there are 4 in my building only and I only share walls with the guy below me, and the guy in the other building in the apartment that is a mirror image of mine). Of them, the guy below me is the more annoying but he's not bad at all. He talks really loudly so I can hear him through the floors, but he's not around alot and he is usually pretty quiet. I've never heard the other guy once (but the only wall we share is the bedroom).
Old 06-21-05, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 834 Likes on 552 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
So... sometimes, Nick Danger's small child of a neighbor screams "I'm in Danger!"

Is this while you two have "playtime", you pervert?
He sleeps in my bed, but it's totally innocent.
Old 06-21-05, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 834 Likes on 552 Posts
The guy who vacuums his yard probably thinks we are his worst neighbors. His yard is half an acre of beautifully arranged rocks, plants, fountains, and gravel paths. And he keeps it completely free of unsightly dirt. We couldn't keep up with the weeding this year.
Old 06-21-05, 06:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

just two nights ago at around 4AM, i hear loud screaming, laughter, etc. i go outside my front door to see what's happening and to have a cigarette. across the street in the second floor apartment, live two very hot, petite, trendy, little white-girl melrose chicks. they moved in about two months ago and apparently never installed any curtains. anyway, their windows are wide open, they are naked, loud, drunk and double-teaming* some fat black dude on their couch.

*by double-teaming, i mean fucking
Old 06-21-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Cygnet74
just two nights ago at around 4AM, i hear loud screaming, laughter, etc. i go outside my front door to see what's happening and to have a cigarette. across the street in the second floor apartment, live two very hot, petite, trendy, little white-girl melrose chicks. they moved in about two months ago and apparently never installed any curtains. anyway, their windows are wide open, they are naked, loud, drunk and double-teaming* some fat black dude on their couch.

Pics?
Old 06-21-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 559 Likes on 319 Posts
I lived in a duplex where the plumbing backed up every month. After a few times of having to call roto-rooter, I did what the landlord was too squeamish to do. Pounded on the neighbor's door and told her to stop flushing her dam kotex!
Old 06-21-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, how many cigs did you end up smoking?
Old 06-21-05, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Darknite39
So, how many cigs did you end up smoking?
Old 06-21-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know my new neighbors all that well, and so far they haven't been too obnoxious... with the exception of one taking care of his father's dog, leaving it in the backyard all day and night unattended, and it barked constantly for probably 16 hours. But, he only had the dog for five days, and he assured us he'll never get a dog of his own.

I had one old lady neighbor when I was really young (5-10 years old) who would bitch at me for walking on a stone wall that was on our property. She'd be watering her yard with her little white poodle and notice me playing on it and say "Get off my stone wall!" One time, my mother was sunbathing by the stone wall and the old lady drenched her with the hose. God, what a bitch with a capital "C." She's dead now.
Old 06-21-05, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
Because of the strange shape of our lot, we have five neighbors. One is a sweet old couple. A second set up a pool in the back yard and has the grandkids over. There must be a dozen different kids, and they're all well behaved. They scream and play and everything is cool. The third has teenagers, so the girls have their boyfriends driving around all day and night, and the boy practices his drums for an hour a day. No big deal. The fourth guy I never see at all.

Ah, but the fifth neighbor. He has parties until 2 in the morning with the stereo cranked up. Naturally, they're on the same side of the house as the bedroom.

He has a yappy dog. Yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap.

His kid screams. He has a powerful set of lungs, and we can hear him inside with the windows closed. He screams loud as he can, for an hour at a time, while playing with his toys. Yesterday, he was teaching another kid to do it. The worst of it is that he doesn't make normal happy playful screams, he makes "I'm in danger!" screams, the kind that make you want to drop whatever you're doing and go rescue him.

Finally, this guy vacuums his yard. Every day. Morning and night. You can hear his shop vac from a block away. 20 minutes every morning. 20 minutes every evening. More in the fall when he's vacuuming up the leaves.

Sometimes the kid stops making Danger! screams and imitates the vacuum for half an hour or so.

I've lived next door to career criminals who were better neighbors.

Who's your worst neighbor?

does mrs. danger get alot of pot sales from the neighbors?
Old 06-21-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From reading this thread, I think I'll go kiss all of my neighbors now. The worst I usually suffer is when they park too close to my car or let their little 'accessory" rat dogs piss on my marigolds.
Old 06-21-05, 11:51 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
*Only mows the grass once every 2-3 weeks. Weed & dadilion infested. I keep on top of mine, as well as every other house on our court, but theirs looks like trash. I spend $25 every 6 weeks for someone to treat the yard. Not terribly expensive. Cheap asses.
Fucking lawn cops.
Old 06-22-05, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a very strange problem with the kids of the neighbor behind us. It started when they got a trampoline and moved it far from their house and as close to our property line as possible. The first summer the three young girls that were barely into their teens would jump up and down for hours and hours screaming at the top of their lungs. We couldn't have our windows open or enjoy sitting on our deck that I had built. If we went out there at all they would stop and sit on the trapoline staring at us. If we glanced at them they'd yell "What are you looking at?" or flip us off.

Then they started just sitting on the trampoline and staring at us through our patio window while we sat at our kitchen table. That's when it started getting even stranger since this past year. They have taken to jumping up and down and flashing their breasts at me if I'm mowing and I also saw them do it to a guy dragging gravel down a lane with a front loader. They put on short little skirts and jump and down exposing their panties while grabbing at each other's breasts. Their most recent one was jumping up and down in the rain and untying their soaked pants so they'd fall down showing their bare asses. Remember these girls are probably only about 14 or 15 at this point.

In May we had our daughter and granddaughter over for a birthday. We were getting out granddaughter her first bike with training wheels. The Trampoline Tramps were wearing jeans and t-shirts. They ran into the house and then while my wife and the kids were out front playing with the bike I came into the kitchen table for a smoke. I heard them yelling from the back at me "Hey you! You sitting at the table....look at as! Turn around!

I finally turned around after ignoring them quite a while and saw they had exchanged their t-shirts for bikini tops. They then proceeded to giggle and wave and strut around with their backs arched to stick their breasts out.
Jumped up and down with bouncing breasts and kept findling each others.
I turned around and got up and they kept yelling for me to come back.

I went out front and told my wife what was happeningand she stormed out on the deck and told them that they need to quit looking in our windows and yelling things at us or she would be telling their parents.

They have since moved the trampoline around to the front of their house and it's been better.

It was very bizarre and I'm glad I didn't have to have the discussion with their father. He'll find out soon enough when they get themselves pregnant.
Old 06-22-05, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If there has ever been a post ever more useless without PICS....

Originally Posted by nazz
I have a very strange problem with the kids of the neighbor behind us. It started when they got a trampoline and moved it far from their house and as close to our property line as possible. The first summer the three young girls that were barely into their teens would jump up and down for hours and hours screaming at the top of their lungs. We couldn't have our windows open or enjoy sitting on our deck that I had built. If we went out there at all they would stop and sit on the trapoline staring at us. If we glanced at them they'd yell "What are you looking at?" or flip us off.

Then they started just sitting on the trampoline and staring at us through our patio window while we sat at our kitchen table. That's when it started getting even stranger since this past year. They have taken to jumping up and down and flashing their breasts at me if I'm mowing and I also saw them do it to a guy dragging gravel down a lane with a front loader. They put on short little skirts and jump and down exposing their panties while grabbing at each other's breasts. Their most recent one was jumping up and down in the rain and untying their soaked pants so they'd fall down showing their bare asses. Remember these girls are probably only about 14 or 15 at this point.

In May we had our daughter and granddaughter over for a birthday. We were getting out granddaughter her first bike with training wheels. The Trampoline Tramps were wearing jeans and t-shirts. They ran into the house and then while my wife and the kids were out front playing with the bike I came into the kitchen table for a smoke. I heard them yelling from the back at me "Hey you! You sitting at the table....look at as! Turn around!

I finally turned around after ignoring them quite a while and saw they had exchanged their t-shirts for bikini tops. They then proceeded to giggle and wave and strut around with their backs arched to stick their breasts out.

I went out front and told my wife what was happeningand she stormed out on the deck and told them that they need to quit looking in our windows and yelling things at us or she would be telling their parents.

They have since moved the trampoline around to the front of their house and it's been better.

It was very bizarre and I'm glad I didn't have to have the discussion with their father. He'll find out soon enough when they get themselves pregnant.
Old 06-22-05, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Phil L has had several neighbor bitchfest threads and should be here shortly.

Our neighbors are pretty good. The guy next door is a bit anal about his yard-but I guess that's okay. His teen kids are getting loud lately and waking up the kids.

Otherwise we have great neighbors.
Old 06-22-05, 06:21 AM

One of my neighbors has has an 60's vintage corvette with one of those slowmaster exhausts. He rarely drives it but he loves to let it idle in his driveway. He pops the hood, pretends to be fixing it and then repeatedly tugs at the throttle so everyone in the entire zip code can hear/smell the exhaust. When he's not making noise with the vette, he rides around on his riding mower (which btw also has a loud slowmaster exhaust I think) cutting the grass every other day.
Old 06-22-05, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 632 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by nazz

So where's the problem?
Old 06-22-05, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pato1
One of my neighbors has has an 60's vintage corvette with one of those slowmaster exhausts. He rarely drives it but he loves to let it idle in his driveway. He pops the hood, pretends to be fixing it and then repeatedly tugs at the throttle so everyone in the entire zip code can hear/smell the exhaust. When he's not making noise with the vette, he rides around on his riding mower (which btw also has a loud slowmaster exhaust I think) cutting the grass every other day.

"Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low."
Old 06-22-05, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

only issues with the people near my home is they are morning people and I'm clearly a night owl.. Sep it's a trade off really. So for every time they have taken the trashs cans out at the crack of dawn and woke me up I'm sure I've dragged my out at 2am and woke them up. They leave for work at 7am and wake me up some times, I go to store at 3am on a tuesday. No one has said anything so it must not be that big of a deal really.

No the REALLY obnoxious neighbor is the elementary school the house backs up to, right next to the soccer field and play area..

So those of you that bitch about 3 kids playing next door, I have on any give day maybe 300+?!! Now it's not that big of a deal during the week.. but it can suck on weekends when some dad coaching pee wee under 6 year old girls soccer thinks if he SCREAMS at them enough he will get picked up to coach the Oakland Raiders or something.. "GET THE BALL!! SPEAD OUT!! NO SPREAD OUT AND GET THE BALL!!!!." Hey buddy, you want to know why they are all bunched up and not spread out? Maybe that they are little kids!?!

Not as bad as it use to be thanks to the new rules about bad parents at games but for years it was just brutal..

Parents also pick kids up on the street being god forbit a kid walk home anymore, so that clogs the street with cars and they park in front of homes for events at the school. Sep again, most of that is not being done at a time where it really matter to your average person.

the bonus of a school next door is a huge open grass area really close by to walk my dog around in and a large field for doing a range of other hobby stuff.. Sep in the end it's still my "most obnoxious neighbor".
Old 06-22-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Townhouse, one neighbor is hardley ever around (travel for work ?) which is cool (actually have never talked to him in 4 years !) but never takes care of his yard, mows like once a year, trims bushes every 2 years. Think he's one of those socialy awkward people and has no sense of responsiblity. Oh well, I just put the subwoofer by the wall on his side since he's never there. (but have good soundproofing anyway)
But knowing how bad it can be, i'm pretty happy with my neighbors... and the other neighbor woman likes to sunbathe nude on the back deck...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.